Political Cartoons

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
spot

Re: Political Cartoons

Post by spot »

It's six days since I was vaccinated and I've not had any since then. Not that I've ever been a bottle of vodka before dinner sort of chap.

Is it generally thought in America that Sputnik 5 is a Trojan Horse? I'm trying to discover any meaning to the idea. No American is ever going to be offered it. How does it qualify as Beware Soviets Bearing Gifts? To whom is it a gift?

Not that I've seen logic as tude's strong point, but he must think his cartoon's meaningful in some way.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Maybe he's worried about them nanobots the Russians snuck into it.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
spot

Post by spot »

And... the Russians are going to covertly swap their corrupt Trojan Horse vaccine into the USA while stealing the good American-made juice, now that the Democrats control Washington and enable the swap?

Maybe tude will tell us. On the other hand he rarely has in the past.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

- DH Lawrence
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
spot

Post by spot »

China's about to eat Taiwan?

Wait a moment and I'll pass them the Hoisin sauce.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

- DH Lawrence
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

I know the racist stereotype of Asians is that they have buck teeth like that charming cartoon of China up above but the only "Asian" I've ever seen with teeth like that was Mickey Rooney in Breakfast at Tiffany's which was released 60 years ago.

Why let go of a perfectly good racist stereotype, right Tude?
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

spot

Post by spot »

Mr Limbaugh? No tude, not heaven-bound. Wrong destination altogether. As his obituary put it, "He became a singular figure in the American media, fomenting mistrust, grievances and even hatred on the right for Americans who did not share their views, and he pushed baseless claims and toxic rumors long before Twitter and Reddit became havens for such disinformation".

What a dog.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

You know, we do seem to presume that Tude actually agrees with the sentiments of the cartoons that he posts.
It is possible that he shares the ones that he finds silly and useless.

Hm, prolly not.
That "Post Turtle one, though, that is a very old joke. First time I heard the verbal version, I believe that it was recalling something Will Rogers said in the '30s.
And the last, was referring to The Donald, just a few years ago.
- DH Lawrence
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

tude dog wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:20 pm Image
Mistaking weather for climate methinks.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/world/ ... 545286d00c

Wow....I had no idea who this person was. So I looked him up and found he's just another turd in the great toilet of the media. No loss.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
spot

Post by spot »

magentaflame wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:50 pm https://www.theaustralian.com.au/world/ ... 545286d00c

Wow....I had no idea who this person was. So I looked him up and found he's just another turd in the great toilet of the media. No loss.
The Australian digital subscription is US$400 a year??? And - I just went to find out for comparison - The (UK) Times is US$440. Rupert Murdoch's a blood-sucking vampire.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

magentaflame wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:50 pm https://www.theaustralian.com.au/world/ ... 545286d00c

The guy was a waste of Oxygen. I tuned in to his radio show once back in the early 90s after some co-workers commented on how funny he was.
30 minutes was about all I could stomach.
- DH Lawrence
spot

Post by spot »

LarsMac wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:40 am 30 minutes was about all I could stomach.
Cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth - if we're to talk of the chap who returned his God-given talent at the pearly gates.

I'm just as bothered at how these untalented cartoon-propagandists copy the same idea from each other across the Internet. If one chap's done it then it's done, no professional would steal like that.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

spot wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:58 am
LarsMac wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:40 am 30 minutes was about all I could stomach.
Cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth - if we're to talk of the chap who returned his God-given talent at the pearly gates.

I'm just as bothered at how these untalented cartoon-propagandists [coder]copy the same idea from each other[/code] across the Internet. If one chap's done it then it's done, no professional would steal like that.
I suspect it is the same reason I copied as many as I could when it came to 'retuning his talent from God'. Like any cartoonist such ideas are obvious.
At first, when I heard him mention his talent on loan did not understand the meaning, then once he gave an explanation and I like it.

It was like a trademark.

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

This thread is just offensive, I 'm not sure what it actually adds to Forum Garden.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

what does this "woke" stuff mean?
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
spot

Post by spot »

magentaflame wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:30 pm what does this "woke" stuff mean?
Have you been sleeping through the social changes of the last fifty years, or are you awake?

That's not a question, it's a definition.

The thread and the cartoons are both designed to be inflammatory.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

spot

Post by spot »

The good thing about regularizing the position of undocumented residents, tude, is that then you'll not be able to call them illegals any longer. Win win.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

- DH Lawrence
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

spot

Post by spot »

I'd be delighted if women-only sports were opened to all gender participation, for all sports. The sports would garner more support than any alternative single-gender sport rules, that would attract greater advertising than any alternative single-gender sport, the other forms would shrink to obscure peculiarities and gender discrimination against women would finally be eliminated from sports structures. It would be a huge step forward for women. Women could finally participate on equal terms with men in sports contests. It ought to have happened half a century ago.

Removing gender discrimination worked with universities, to give a major example, where for centuries it was common (though erroneous) knowledge that women had inferior minds and lacked the capacity for coherent thought. Sport is long overdue for the same liberating kick.

It would be quite nice if there were a more equal race and gender balance within sports governing and managerial structures too, while we're discussing race and gender in sport.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

What's amusing is seeing the right try to shame us lefties with Cuomo. Sorry, we don't have herd mentality like the right does, he's been a well known asshole for decades. I wouldn't even bother trying to defend what he did.
spot

Post by spot »

Snooz wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:16 pm What's amusing is seeing the right try to shame us lefties with Cuomo. Sorry, we don't have herd mentality like the right does, he's been a well known asshole for decades. I wouldn't even bother trying to defend what he did.
It's the job of the media to bring facts to my attention, not to tell me what other people think of the facts. Least of all their own paid opinion writers.

I have no problem at all with lots of people in New York dying of Covid while Cuomo was Governor, the division of responsibility between Federal and State agencies was bolloxed by the White House from the beginning. What I object to is the extent to which the chap has been trying to disguise what actually happened, and that comes down to his staff. His responsibility is the sort of advisers he chose to control his staff and if they were trying to manipulate opinion then that's Cuomo's error of judgement.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

spot

Post by spot »

tude, *anyone* who uses the term "girls' sports" instead of "womens' sports" deserves all the ridicule on the planet. It's pitiful trash.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Who was the last president to worry about the Saudis having blood on their hands? Certainly not just Biden, it’s been going on for decades.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Bryn Mawr wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:27 pm Who was the last president to worry about the Saudis having blood on their hands? Certainly not just Biden, it’s been going on for decades.
Probably Jimmy Carter.
- DH Lawrence

Return to “Arts Animation”