A brief FG lockdown concert

spot

A brief FG lockdown concert

Post by spot »

What a voice and performance.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
spot

Re: A brief FG lockdown concert

Post by spot »

I could never decide whether Mary Hopkin wore makeup. A memorable song though. Very Welsh.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
spot

Post by spot »

Dramatic stuff, this.
Penny Alayne

Post by Penny Alayne »

spot

Post by spot »

Penny Alayne

Post by Penny Alayne »

spot

Post by spot »

I managed to see Blue Horses twice in the late nineties and they were wonderfully energetic, they were standout concerts to remember. In Bristol we thought of them as a local group.
spot

Post by spot »

and goodness knows how many times I saw Doreen Doreen, and they're definitively Bristol. The saxophone on the left is Vicki Burke and she's impressive.

They know how to fill any pub in town.
spot

Post by spot »

That's Flash Harry. Where did I last see them play. Somewhere out toward Downend, big pub on a crossroad.
spot

Post by spot »

This is the mesmerizing Chris Scott, often to be found at The Prom when it existed, often with Steve Payne, or even earlier at the Howlin' Wolf. And once at least in the back room of the Naval Volunteer.

I've got this track on a CD of his from the Hope Centre.
spot

Post by spot »

Steve Payne too, singing, on the right.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Good friends and brilliant musicians
spot

Post by spot »

Bryn Mawr wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:15 am Good friends and brilliant musicians
And very impressive too.

Neither of us posted All Around My Hat, did you notice.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

spot wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:33 am
Bryn Mawr wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:15 am Good friends and brilliant musicians
And very impressive too.

Neither of us posted All Around My Hat, did you notice.
No gaudetee either
spot

Post by spot »

Some things just get better.

spot

Post by spot »

Ha - there is a Santa after all.
Wham!’s Last Christmas has reached No 1 in the UK singles chart for the first time, 36 years after it was first released.

Widely regarded as one of the greatest Christmas songs of all time, it was originally held off the top spot in 1984 by Band Aid’s charity single Do They Know It’s Christmas?

Last Christmas spent five weeks at No 2 that year, and was a Top 10 hit in 1985 too. With the advent of downloads and streaming meaning that any song could re-enter the charts, it reappeared in 2007, reaching No 14. It has reached the Top 40 nearly every year since, going Top 3 the last four years.

It sets a new record for time elapsed between a song being released and reaching No 1. This was previously held by Tony Christie with his song (Is This the Way to) Amarillo, which reached No 18 on first release in 1971, but reached No 1 over 33 years later in 2005 after it was rereleased with Peter Kay for Comic Relief.

Wham!’s Andrew Ridgeley said he was “delighted, somewhat amazed and profoundly pleased” that the song had finally reached No 1 and paid tribute to his late bandmate and the song’s writer, George Michael. He said the chart placing was “a testament to its timeless appeal and charm”. He added: “It is a fitting tribute to George’s song-writing genius … he would have been immensely proud and utterly thrilled.”

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/ ... r-36-years
spot

Post by spot »

The lockdown is finally beating me.

This is in a class of its own.

spot

Post by spot »

A brief intermission.

There are several versions of this, some more frenetic, but this is quiet and understated and just the right length. I doubt any American here will recognize anyone but people queued up to be in it.

Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

spot wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:29 am A brief intermission.

There are several versions of this, some more frenetic, but this is quiet and understated and just the right length. I doubt any American here will recognize anyone but people queued up to be in it.

One of the best silent comedy films ever made
spot

Post by spot »

Bryn Mawr wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:44 am One of the best silent comedy films ever made
What's odd and unfortunate is that Eric Sykes had so much trouble getting his films financed.

Here's a puzzle for you. What does Finland's 1985 Eurovision entry, which came 9th but ought by rights to have won, have to do with the aforementioned misfortune?

The video is the same singer, the same song, 32 years later. Pretty good stuff.

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Bryn Mawr wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:44 am
spot wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:29 am A brief intermission.

One of the best silent comedy films ever made
I know who Sykes is. Very funny, even though it's predictable.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
spot

Post by spot »

You're not American though.

And it wouldn't get the same laughs if it weren't predictable, that's it's point. There's not a glance or gesture that's not telegraphed beforehand.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Just remembered I have a Sykes DVD.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!

Return to “Favorite Music Videos”