Woman ruled dead in 2017 fights to be declared alive

LarsMac

Woman ruled dead in 2017 fights to be declared alive

Post by LarsMac »

A new twist.
So, once you're dead, you're dead, regardless of what you may have to say about it.
Frenchwoman Jeanne Pouchain has an unusual problem. She’s officially dead. She has been trying for three years to prove that she is alive.

The 58-year-old woman says she lives in constant fear, not daring to leave her house in the village of Saint Joseph, in the Loire region. Authorities seized her car over an unpaid debt she contests and which is at the center of her troubles. She fears the family furniture will be next.
https://apnews.com/article/woman-declar ... 14b58b0228
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
spot

Re: Woman ruled dead in 2017 fights to be declared alive

Post by spot »

It's France. They do things differently over there.

Besides, it's by no means clear that the deceased didn't bring the sequence of events down on her own head while evading legal process in which case she scarcely merits sympathy. And she's French.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

I actually rather liked France, when I was there. Except for some of the food.
I found that the French have an amazing talent. They intuitively determine exactly what you might expect from them at any given moment, and deliver the exact opposite.
They're even better at it than my ex-wife.
- DH Lawrence
spot

Post by spot »

Boars intestine sausage was a bit extreme, I thought. The Germans do these things so much better. I couldn't quite decide whether it was merely tepid or deliberately undercooked.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

I found that a number of dishes I thought I knew from hanging out with the Cajun side of the family were much different in the "Home Country"
- DH Lawrence

Return to “ForumGarden Hotel”