Where’s Nomad

A forum for ForumGardeners to post news about themselves.
Bryn Mawr

Where’s Nomad

Post by Bryn Mawr »

I, for one, would love to know.

Is he still in St Paul’s? How is he doing?

And Far Rider/Jester?

And a hundred others ...
spot

Re: Where’s Nomad

Post by spot »

Where's that ban button...

The chap you need to find is Betty, she has Facebook which is a tool many use for these purposes, she being both modern and gregarious. I have on occasion enquired and he's still doin what a man's gutter do.

I prefer gutter to gotta, it gets the vowel right. I may take to writing entirely in phonetics at this rate.

I'm nerving myself up to finding him so as to respond more informatively. Do not disappear.

okay, duckduck gives me his linkedin page second from the top of the search response. With a photo and a phone number. Take about six from ten, it's 3.40am there. I shall pause and reflect.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Bryn Mawr wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:58 pm I, for one, would love to know.

And Far Rider/Jester?

And a hundred others ...

Nomad is alive and well in my facebook world, as is Pinky, Raven, Wendybird and Immy(??)

No clue about Far Rider, maybe we could find an email address and invite him back, might have to ban Spot though :lol:
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

spot wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:33 am Where's that ban button...

The chap you need to find is Betty, she has Facebook which is a tool many use for these purposes, she being both modern and gregarious. I have on occasion enquired and he's still doin what a man's gutter do.

I prefer gutter to gotta, it gets the vowel right. I may take to writing entirely in phonetics at this rate.

I'm nerving myself up to finding him so as to respond more informatively. Do not disappear.

okay, duckduck gives me his linkedin page second from the top of the search response. With a photo and a phone number. Take about six from ten, it's 3.40am there. I shall pause and reflect.
My perfectly understandable west coast American accent says gotta, they'd lock me up in a stroke ward for saying "gutta".
spot

Post by spot »

Snooz wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:03 am My perfectly understandable west coast American accent says gotta, they'd lock me up in a stroke ward for saying "gutta".
I much prefer "must", it's half the syllables and rather more exact.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Betty Boop wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:14 am
Bryn Mawr wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:58 pm I, for one, would love to know.

And Far Rider/Jester?

And a hundred others ...

Nomad is alive and well in my facebook world, as is Pinky, Raven, Wendybird and Immy(??)

No clue about Far Rider, maybe we could find an email address and invite him back, might have to ban Spot though :lol:
Wish them well from me - I remember them all with fondness
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

spot wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:04 am
Snooz wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:03 am My perfectly understandable west coast American accent says gotta, they'd lock me up in a stroke ward for saying "gutta".
Well you would, wouldn't you.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

"gunna" instead of 'going to' less syllables and shows more emphasis. "Gotta" is perfectly acceptable.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

magentaflame wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:55 pm
"gunna" instead of 'going to' less syllables and shows more emphasis. "Gotta" is perfectly acceptable.
You’ll be saying ain’t is acceptable next :-)
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Bryn Mawr wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:46 am
magentaflame wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:55 pm
You’ll be saying ain’t is acceptable next :-)
lol that's so funny .I read this bit out to my boy who is more a hands on person than academic. And it's good to see some things sink in.

"you don't say 'ain't' it makes you sound uneducated. That's hilarious.

But interestingly he reckons <---- :lol: Nobody ever trusts a person who says he's "going to" do something for you. It's like a Glasweigen saying, " I'll do you" ...it's to the point and you know exactly where you stand with emphasis. Hence "gunna"
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

Depending what part of the US you live, "reckon" isn't used much since it's considered kind of hillbilly.
spot

Post by spot »

Durn.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

spot wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:55 pmDurn.
I always liked dag nabit but I thing that only existed in Deputy Dawg :-)
spot

Post by spot »

Bryn Mawr wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:55 am
spot wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:55 pmDurn.
I always liked dag nabit but I thing that only existed in Deputy Dawg :-)
I think the cartoon took it from the cook on Rawhide.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

I never understood "gosh darn it" "dag nab it" etc since it's merely a substitute for "god damn it" and the intent is the same. If you're one of those weirdo religious people that thinks "God" is the name of the supernatural bookkeeper up in cloudland, then garbling the word isn't going to help when he/she/it unleashes Old Testament hellfire upon you.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Snooz wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:00 am I never understood "gosh darn it" "dag nab it" etc since it's merely a substitute for "god damn it" and the intent is the same. If you're one of those weirdo religious people that thinks "God" is the name of the supernatural bookkeeper up in cloudland, then garbling the word isn't going to help when he/she/it unleashes Old Testament hellfire upon you.
Repent for thou art wrong - thou shall not take the Lord’s name in vain :-)
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

But is "god" really its name? That just sounds like a generic job title to me like janitor or bank teller.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Snooz wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:36 pm But is "god" really its name? That just sounds like a generic job title to me like janitor or bank teller.
Nah, they all have many avatars

Return to “Members' News”