Advances For Tinnitus Cure

koan

Post by koan »

I know a few members have problems with Tinnitus so I thought I'd post this article.

German scientist is experimenting with the effect of magnetic fields on the part of the brain believed to be responsible for creating the constant noise.

Berthold Langguth, a neurologist in Germany, believes the hearing cells in the auditory cortex (the brain area perceiving sound signals) in tinnitus sufferers are overactive and is trying to normalise them.

By running an electric current through sections of wire he creates a magnetic field. When held over the head of a patient the magnetic stimulation reduces the neural activity and diminishes unwanted sound.

story
Clint

Post by Clint »

koan;756297 wrote: I know a few members have problems with Tinnitus so I thought I'd post this article.

German scientist is experimenting with the effect of magnetic fields on the part of the brain believed to be responsible for creating the constant noise.

Berthold Langguth, a neurologist in Germany, believes the hearing cells in the auditory cortex (the brain area perceiving sound signals) in tinnitus sufferers are overactive and is trying to normalise them.

By running an electric current through sections of wire he creates a magnetic field. When held over the head of a patient the magnetic stimulation reduces the neural activity and diminishes unwanted sound.

story

I found a couple of magnets and an old pair of earmuffs. I put the magnets in the earmuffs and put them on. Immediately the noise from the TV didn't seem as as bad but the real success came when magnets were drawn to each other. The pain made me yell real loud and I didn't notice the tinnitus at all.:D

Seriously...this is good news. Mine seems to be getting worse.
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

jimbo;756662 wrote: i really do suffer from this at times

it seems to stop at the same time as suzy stops talking :thinking:

strange that :sneaky:

Naaa Jim, what you say you are suffering from is in fact susurrus, and it is quite likely that Sue suffers from it too !! :rolleyes: ;)
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
yaaarrrgg

Post by yaaarrrgg »

Ah ... this scientific finding is terrific!

You see, when I was a kid, I loved magnets ... and I used to rip gigantic ones out of woofer speakers. I always suspected they had some effect on the brain, so I would sleep with them attached to my head (ok I was about five years old).... Nice to see I was on the cutting edge of science back then !!!

I never felt anything ... or could feel any change in thoughts ... but I wonder what long term effect they had ???? :wah:
tinnitus_98

Post by tinnitus_98 »

In this world, there is almost an answer to every question, this is the same in case of answering, how can i cure my Tinnitus. There is an answer and cure for Tinnitus. Before, understanding the cure for Tinnitus, it is important to understand the cause of Tinnitus. First of all, it is significant to know that, Tinnitus is a symptom and not a disease. Some of the causes of Tinnitus could be; nasal allergies, foreign objects that fly in the air, ear infection, fluid drain, wax build up etc. The causes being said, Tinnitus is usally the sound in the ear that is not caused due to external stimuli, it is something that could be within. Tinnitus could also be caused due to some side-effects on consumption of medication. Now, saying this, Tinnitus is curable, and so far, there has been research and other medical developments that have advanced the cure of Tinnitus.

Avoiding Noise Pollution

This is the first step into answering the question, How can I cure my Tinnitus. Noise pollution is one of the universal problems, specially now with MP3 and I-POD and so on, it can extremely become difficult to avoid noise pollution. As this is one of the major causes of Tinnitus, it is important how to avoid or balance using these things. Additionally, even while driving in the car, there isn’t a need of having a full blast radio or CD player, it is important to listen to music at a slow and steady volume, where not much damage is done to the ears. Mostly the noise pollution echos in the ears which in return causes to ring noises in the ears.
spot

Post by spot »

My impression is that MP3 and iPod players have reduced noise pollution significantly.

You omitted most of the article, not that I found much sense in it: Basic tips for the cure of Tinnitus
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
spot

Re: Advances For Tinnitus Cure

Post by spot »

This week's New Scientist reports an AI taking MRI scans and diagnosing the level of tinnitus as none, mild and severe. "The AI can spot the presence of tinnitus with 78 per cent accuracy, and distinguish between mild and severe forms with 87 per cent accuracy."

Until now there has been no evidence other than self-reporting that tinnitus even exists, so it's a first. It also offers a way to finally assess treatments objectively. The figures reported seem to assume self-reporting and self-assessment are the accurate measures, I'm tempted to think the AI may well be the gold standard and self-reporting of changes the biased inferior assessment.

Well done the Australians involved. If they can come up with a cure too, I'll send them money.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “Fitness Nutrition”