America is Shutting Down

Patsy Warnick

America is Shutting Down

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Lars

I'm sorry . Was you SIL in a facility?

Talk about a wild fire and now we have several law suits against the facilities.

Standing on the grounds the Facility wasn't equipped and kept silent.

Anne - I know you miss you grandson - I miss my family - I'm worried/scared and just trying to adjust to the long haul.

This thread wasn't suppose to be therapy - Lol - thank you

Patsy
LarsMac

America is Shutting Down

Post by LarsMac »

Patsy Warnick;1532653 wrote: Lars

I'm sorry . Was you SIL in a facility?

Patsy
No, she was at home. She had been in a facility since about Thanksgiving after having developed complications from Leukemia, which she had been diagnosed with some 40 years ago.

Her son got her out and back home for Home Hospice care just the day before that facility was found to have some COVID-19 cases.

She was doing very well, until just a couple of days ago.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
spot

America is Shutting Down

Post by spot »

I'm sorry to hear it Lars, you're having a rough year.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
spot

Re: America is Shutting Down

Post by spot »

covid-11june.jpg
covid-11june.jpg (51.33 KiB) Viewed 778 times
An update on where the current infections per million is highest - the rise of South America. From this week's New Scientist.

Damn. How do you add an image.

Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

spot wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:47 am An update on where the current infections per million is highest - the rise of South America. From this week's New Scientist.

Under the typing area are two tabs, default is options and the other is attachments.
spot

Post by spot »

Bryn Mawr wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:53 am
spot wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:47 am An update on where the current infections per million is highest - the rise of South America. From this week's New Scientist.

Under the typing area are two tabs, default is options and the other is attachments.
Yesbut. I'm trying to get it to show the picture, not the link.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

spot wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:47 am covid-11june.jpgAn update on where the current infections per million is highest - the rise of South America. From this week's New Scientist.

Presumably they are active cases per million rather than total confirmed cases
spot

Post by spot »

Yes, the smoothed daily number of infections confirmed per million, rather than the cumulative confirmed case count. The number on the graph looks meaningless otherwise but it's not at all well worded in the graphic.
spot

Post by spot »

I think I'll write up how I did that, it wasn't simple.
spot

Post by spot »

We had a major press briefing yesterday. A lot of it was about re-opening America and watching the pandemic disappear in consequence. I'm not sure the President is capable of logical thought but his observations show no sign of it.

Here, for instance...
Children are at the lowest risk of any age group from the virus. Indefinite school closures will inflict lasting harm to our nation’s children. We must follow the science and get students safely back to school, while protecting children, teachers, staff, and family. We have to remember that there’s another side to this. Keeping them out of school and keeping work closed is causing death. Also, economic harm. But it’s causing death for different reasons, but death … probably more death.

https://www.rev.com/blog/transcripts/do ... a-stimulus
The link is to the entire transcript, if you have a spare half hour. Well worth reeding. How America hopes to recover from this presidency baffles me. Indeed, what President Trump hopes to get from this presidency also baffles me. Unlike the Kennedys and the Bushes and the Clintons and the Obamas he's clearly never going to set up an established political family, he's too great a millstone for any of the next generation to wear in office.

For the record, nobody is suggesting more children will die as a result of schools re-opening. The people being protected by school closures are the staff and the families of the children. It's just not possible that President Trump is unaware of this. The illegitimacy of his approach is his refusal to ever discuss reality.
spot

Post by spot »

Here we are. Children, infection, spreading, all of it. Last month.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6931e1.htm

There's a download PDF.
These findings demonstrate that SARS-CoV-2 spread efficiently in a youth-centric overnight setting, resulting in high attack rates among persons in all age groups, despite efforts by camp officials to implement most recommended strategies to prevent transmission. Asymptomatic infection was common and potentially contributed to undetected transmission, as has been previously reported (1–4). This investigation adds to the body of evidence demonstrating that children of all ages are susceptible to SARS-CoV-2 infection (1–3) and, contrary to early reports (5,6), might play an important role in transmission (7,8). The multiple measures adopted by the camp were not sufficient to prevent an outbreak in the context of substantial community transmission.

Return to “Health Wellness”