Dozy pillocks

A forum to discuss local issues in the UK.
gmc

Dozy pillocks

Post by gmc »

Who would would walk through the snow in trainers in a blizzard to the shops never mind going up ben nevis. They're lucky they could get a phone signal.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/18228 ... -trainers/

Mind you in the summer you do see them wandering up with their carrier bags and flipflops it's easy to get lost if the weather closes in and tghat's in summer when you can actually see the tourist tyrail.
Bryn Mawr

Dozy pillocks

Post by Bryn Mawr »

gmc;1530391 wrote: Who would would walk through the snow in trainers in a blizzard to the shops never mind going up ben nevis. They're lucky they could get a phone signal.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/18228 ... -trainers/

Mind you in the summer you do see them wandering up with their carrier bags and flipflops it's easy to get lost if the weather closes in and tghat's in summer when you can actually see the tourist tyrail.

I saw the report and agree, dozy pollocks indeed.
LarsMac

Dozy pillocks

Post by LarsMac »

I walked to the top of Quandry Peak in Colorado one beautiful Colorado morning, in dungarees a t-shirt and denim jacket.

As I was admiring the view, I saw a line of clouds coming my direction, and decided I'd better head down.

By the time I got to tree line I was in a full-scale blizzard.

Fortunaltely for me, a ranger had noticed my car earlier and came back to check on me.

He saw my car still there, and had called in a search team. They were just getting ready to start out when I came around the bend. They had blankets and hot coffee, and were almost as happy to see me as I was them.

Lesson learned.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
gmc

Dozy pillocks

Post by gmc »

LarsMac;1530577 wrote: I walked to the top of Quandry Peak in Colorado one beautiful Colorado morning, in dungarees a t-shirt and denim jacket.

As I was admiring the view, I saw a line of clouds coming my direction, and decided I'd better head down.

By the time I got to tree line I was in a full-scale blizzard.

Fortunaltely for me, a ranger had noticed my car earlier and came back to check on me.

He saw my car still there, and had called in a search team. They were just getting ready to start out when I came around the bend. They had blankets and hot coffee, and were almost as happy to see me as I was them.

Lesson learned.

Ben nevis isn't in the same league heightwise but you at least set off in good weather these numpties must have seen the snow they shpuld have been able to foresee the consequences. It's in this area - well up the road a bit - that the commandoes and later the american american rangers were trained.

Return to “United Kingdom”