Megan and harry

A forum to discuss local issues in the UK.
gmc

Megan and harry

Post by gmc »

If you turn on the radio, tv or open a newspaper you would think nothing of importance was happening and most people in thg UK actually cared.

I don't give a **** and I suspect most people don't either. It#s enough to make you a republican
spot

Megan and harry

Post by spot »

https://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/the- ... dia-public : There are four pro-Republic national newspapers in the Guardian, Observer, Independent and Independent on Sunday, making up no less than half of the "broadsheet" press against the Times and Telegraph titles. (The FT pays little attention to the subject).

When The Independent was launched it came with a promise never to report on the Royal Family. They managed that for several years, I was impressed.

The week's story did infest Radio 4 but other than that I heard no mention. Al Jazeera didn't comment.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
LarsMac

Megan and harry

Post by LarsMac »

Refresh my memory, please.

Megan and Harry are who? (Or , is that "whom"? I can never keep that straight)
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
spot

Megan and harry

Post by spot »

It's definitely "who".

The one referred to as "Harry" is sixth in line to the British Crown, which if he inherited would make him head of state of 23 countries worldwide (including Canada, Australia, New Zealand and at this rate Scotland).
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
LarsMac

Megan and harry

Post by LarsMac »

Barring some rather extraordinary circumstances, then, He would be quite the old fart before his services would be needed. By all means, they should let the boy go play.
- DH Lawrence
gmc

Megan and harry

Post by gmc »

Megan Markle is an actress who I think was in suits - a programme I have never actually seen.

Scoylandis quite likely to become a republic post independence, at the very leasst the drown estates wiill Ihope be taken off them.

Given the opprobrium heaped on his mother I can in fact have some sympathy for him wasnting as little to do with the royal family as possible. Having to put up with someone like camilla parker bowles must set his teeth on edge.
spot

Megan and harry

Post by spot »

LarsMac;1529592 wrote: Barring some rather extraordinary circumstances, then, He would be quite the old fart before his services would be needed.

I'm not sure I see the logic in that. He could be King by Easter is someone schedules a flight that goes catastrophically wrong. Or an outbreak of flu. Or typhoid in Buckingham Palace's Victorian water closets. Or corgi rabies.
LarsMac

Megan and harry

Post by LarsMac »

spot;1529595 wrote: I'm not sure I see the logic in that. He could be King by Easter is someone schedules a flight that goes catastrophically wrong. Or an outbreak of flu. Or typhoid in Buckingham Palace's Victorian water closets. Or corgi rabies.

Well then, if he was in Canada, or some such, he would be far removed from such an event, and therefore safely tucked away to return and take his rightful place.
- DH Lawrence

Return to “United Kingdom”