Where will ypu put trident?

A forum to discuss local issues in the UK.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Post scottish independence where do you think they will base trident?
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Build a new facility at Selafield?
spot

Post by spot »

I'll guess Her Majesty's Naval Base, Clyde. Just the place - it has buildings and a dock and all sorts.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
gmc

Post by gmc »

spot;1528624 wrote: I'll guess Her Majesty's Naval Base, Clyde. Just the place - it has buildings and a dock and all sorts.

Once scotland becomes independent her majesty might not be allowed to keep the crown estates.
spot

Post by spot »

gmc;1528676 wrote: Once scotland becomes independent her majesty might not be allowed to keep the crown estates.

I would remind the Honourable Gentleman that Her Majesty is a lineal descendant of Edward the First, with all the rights and appurtenances attached thereto. Enquiry should be made as to the present whereabouts of William Wallace, Esq., before any definitive judgement is reached on the word "allowed".
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
gmc

Post by gmc »

I don't care about the lineage the question is whether the descendanmts of medeival warlords should be allowed to keep what their ancestors took by force in the past. I would say no.

Being the descendant of a norman invader hardly strengthens the case what was taken by force can be taken away by force or in these more civilised times by act of parliament. The divine right of kings ended when we cut off a kings head all those yaers ago. I know trump or rather some of his followers is now claiming a divine right to rule but hopefully boris won't go for that one.
spot

Post by spot »

You'll be claiming Scapa Flow at this rate.
gmc

Post by gmc »

spot;1528679 wrote: You'll be claiming Scapa Flow at this rate.

Rumour has it norway want it back on acount of all the oil surrounding orkney
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Best option for Trident.

Launch a pre-emptive assault on the Sun. Throw everything we have at it.
spot

Post by spot »

And the Mail, please.

Return to “United Kingdom”