Play up your gayness and win a few million

Fact is stranger than fiction.
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

US policeman told to 'tone down gayness' wins $19m

Of course we all oppose discrimination .

But we straight males -- in particular ---all know what a liability and danger a hyper and melodramatic gay can be .

Just the hugest pain imaginable . And very boring .

But here's a way to play the game and scam the system .

Remember folks , if you are not PC , the thought police will get you .

Police Sgt. Keith Wildhaber says the comments left him feeling he'd been "punched in the gut"

A gay Missouri police sergeant has won almost $20m in damages, after being told to "tone down the gayness" to get a promotion.

Keith Wildhaber of St Louis county alleges he was passed over for promotion 23 times.

A witness testified that one of Sgt Wildhaber's superiors described him as being "way too out there with his gayness".

Local officials say there will be leadership changes to the police board.

Sgt Wildhaber filed a lawsuit against the police in 2017, after allegedly being passed over for a promotion 23 times despite stellar performance reviews.

The lawsuit alleges that in 2014 he was told to "tone down the gayness" to get a promotion by John Saracino, then a member of the St Louis County Board of Police Commissioners. Mr Saracino denied making the comment.

"It was devastating to hear," Sgt Wildhaber told the court, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

He added that he felt like he'd been "punched in the gut".

After making a complaint, Sgt Wildhaber alleges he was reassigned to work the midnight shift in a station further away from his home.

A witness testified that a local police captain, Guy Means, called Sgt Wildhaber "fruity" and told her he would never be promoted as he was "way too out there with his gayness". Captain Means also denied making these comments.

The jury found Sgt Wildhaber had been discriminated against, and also was the victim of retaliation after making a complaint.

He was awarded $1.9m in actual damages and $10m in punitive damages for discrimination, and $999,000 in actual damages and $7m in punitive damages as victim of retaliation.

A member of the jury told reporters: "We wanted to send a message.

"If you discriminate, you are going to pay a big price... you can't defend the indefensible."
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Why the **** is this post here?

compensation for being discriminated against...case closed what the hell is your stupid point?
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

I think he's just trying to think of something different to post about. Sad really.
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

Let me see if I can help you guys and put you out of your misery .

This is a section titled , Bizarre News Stories .

Perhaps the word Bizarre is outside of your day- to day vocabulary .

People who do not have English as their first language often confuse themselves because of another word , Bazaar .

Where are you guys from ? It's nice if you bring an international flavour to the forum and I am always happy to help you with difficulties .
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Raphael;1527056 wrote: Let me see if I can help you guys and put you out of your misery .

This is a section titled , Bizarre News Stories .

Perhaps the word Bizarre is outside of your day- to day vocabulary .

People who do not have English as their first language often confuse themselves because of another word , Bazaar .

Where are you guys from ? It's nice if you bring an international flavour to the forum and I am always happy to help you with difficulties .

You seem to exist entirely in the Grocery Check-out stand. You really should stop reading those rags.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Well hello new guy, you seem a bit condescending or am I just reading you wrong?

Are you copying and pasting into the forum? If so you need to be providing links to where the text is coming from.
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

Hi Betty ,

If I copy and paste I always indicate .

Don't confuse my articulate , mature and knowing style with those that crave my talent . .

I schooled many of them .

Big difference is that I do not deal in Fake News -- I have never been compromised by the Swamp .
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Raphael;1527518 wrote: Hi Betty ,

Don't confuse my articulate , mature and knowing style with those that crave my talent . .

Big difference is that I do not deal in Fake News -- I have never been compromised by the Swamp .

See my other post, 'indicating' is not enough, IT NEEDS A LINK.

I'm not sure how I can get this over to you o great one

lots of love from the great other one here

(insert twenty rolling eyes smileys here, followed by banging head smiley)
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

I enjoyed your post so much that I involuntarily farted . First since August 93.

A great relief .

We may disagree on one or two trivial details but you are in close touch with your funny bits .

Spiffing . Absolutely TH .

P.S. Did you really want a link to the Sergeant 's evidence as reported in the St Louis Post Dispatch -- see OP for those links ?

Really ? I think jam making and general cleaning need a higher prioritising .
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

G#Gill;1527050 wrote: I think he's just trying to think of something different to post about. Sad really.

If you did not find the OP funny and sad , I can only conclude that your time in the final

waiting room will be short .

Come on old chap , show us a few signs of life .
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Is there no balm for this sort of irritant?
- DH Lawrence
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

LarsMac;1527558 wrote: Is there no balm for this sort of irritant?

You old codgers are the subject of a very amusing TV series over here .

Cannot remember the series name but it focusses mainly on old men who spend their life being irritated .

And the more trivial the reason , the better .

Perhaps you featured .
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Raphael;1527518 wrote: Hi Betty ,

It is nothing to do with style, however good you think yours is, it is to do with the site receiving threats of legal action for copyright infringement and personally I get severely p’d off whenever that happens. When a poster has ignored repeated demands to abide by the site’s copyright regulations and is putting the site at risk then I feel justified in taking preventive action to protect the site.

Indication is NOT sufficient, quote enough to give the concept and PROVIDE A LINK.
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

As you can see I am now providing links .

I must admit that I wonder if anybody here ever uses those links . I have yet to be convinced that any of the usual suspects have retained questioning antennae .

As for your concern over legal action --- about as likely as an ant colony suing me for kicking their hill .

But OK . You technically are right , even though I privately consider it to be completely 'over the top' in terms of the real world and how it works .
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

I've read your links, at least the ones I've seen.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

Ahso!;1527655 wrote: I've read your links, at least the ones I've seen.

Do not forget

We are in Virtual Reality and I believe nobody ever over anything .

But I appreciate your comment and it would be nice if true . Just think how more clever and smarter you are already !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Raphael;1527654 wrote: As you can see I am now providing links .

I must admit that I wonder if anybody here ever uses those links . I have yet to be convinced that any of the usual suspects have retained questioning antennae .

As for your concern over legal action --- about as likely as an ant colony suing me for kicking their hill .

But OK . You technically are right , even though I privately consider it to be completely 'over the top' in terms of the real world and how it works .

Since you appear to not read the links, I can see why you would expect no more of others. I do follow provided links quite often, even if as in your case, they might just confirm that they lead to claptrap.
- DH Lawrence
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Raphael;1527654 wrote: As you can see I am now providing links .

In terns of the real world and how it works I probably average one threat of legal action per year - that is many times the rate I’m happy with.
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

LarsMac;1527691 wrote: Since you appear to not read the links, -------------.

What a dream world you live in .

I learned speed readings as a kid so high speed scans are not very time consuming .

In fairness I probably only read the first two or thee lines of a link you have provided because the rest is so predictable .

But I am sure that it is your thoughtfulness that counts .

Sob. .Choke . Fart . But not necessarily in that order .
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Raphael;1527717 wrote: What a dream world you live in .

I learned speed readings as a kid so high speed scans are not very time consuming .

In fairness I probably only read the first two or thee lines of a link you have provided because the rest is so predictable .

But I am sure that it is your thoughtfulness that counts .

Sob. .Choke . Fart . But not necessarily in that order .

In other words, "No"
- DH Lawrence
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

LarsMac;1527723 wrote: In other words, "No"

Wrong again .

New world 'wrong ' record ?

My previous answer was right .

Like Jesus I always hope for a last minute confession and tearful recant .

For you , probably just before Xmas I expect .

So keep eating your five veg and lots of fresh fruit .

Just like Uncle Donald tells all the little boys and girls .

Return to “Bizarre News Stories”