Speaker john bercow

A forum to discuss local issues in the UK.
gmc

Speaker john bercow

Post by gmc »

Good for him, leaving aside the slight taint of hypocrisy

Speaker John Bercow bans Donald Trump from addressing the UK Parliament (From The National)

Let's not foeget what donald said about a member of the royal family.

Donald Trump's tweet about Kate Middleton's topless photos could make state visit with Queen very awkward | The Independent
Clodhopper

Speaker john bercow

Post by Clodhopper »

I wonder how interesting this is going to get. The big poo potential here is huge and getting bigger...I think May was hoping to tickle his vanity and flatter him as probably our best chance of a good trade deal but if so it has spectacularly backfired. Did Bercow speak from his heart, not his brain? Or is he asserting Parliament against the Government?
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
spot

Speaker john bercow

Post by spot »

Clodhopper;1506467 wrote: Or is he asserting Parliament against the Government?That's been his declared aim throughout his period as speaker, and pretty much what he did as an opposition back-bencher before then.

Compared with George Martin it's like watching the Archangel Michael take charge after an over-promoted jobsworth whose skills more closely suited the role of a particularly stroppy ticket inspector on a Central London bus route.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Clodhopper

Speaker john bercow

Post by Clodhopper »

Kaboom. Metaphorically speaking.

G#Gill

Speaker john bercow

Post by G#Gill »

Oops, I'll try again !
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
G#Gill

Speaker john bercow

Post by G#Gill »

Have you noticed how mean Trump looks in that picture in The Independent.............

Donald Trump's tweet about Kate Middleton's topless photos could make state visit with Queen very awkward | The Independent

He looks as if he could be a mass murderer ? I certainly wouldn't trust anything about that person, he sends shivers down my spine ! I sincerely hope that he is not afforded the friendliness from this country's leaders, that they have afforded his various predecessors. I do not trust him. Sorry if I have upset any pro-Trumpites, but that is how I feel !
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
gmc

Speaker john bercow

Post by gmc »

Ouitside of europe after the usa scotland is england's bggest export market you' think she would be more careful not to piss us off.

Westminster does seem to have problem with female scots mp's in particular.

Joanna Cherry's treatment in Commons highlights "contempt in which Scotland is held at Westminster", says MP (From The National)

Kirsty Strickland: A male MP woofed at Tasmina Ahmed-Sheikh ... guess how the Westminster old boys' club responded? (From The National)

A male MP woofed at Tasmina Ahmed-Sheikh ... guess how the Westminster old boys' club responded?

Just omagine the furore id an snp mp had done something similar not that they would I don't think that any of them are ex public school yahoos.
Clodhopper

Speaker john bercow

Post by Clodhopper »

I don't think it says anything about Scotland, just a lot about Soames.

gmc

Speaker john bercow

Post by gmc »

Clodhopper;1506524 wrote: I don't think it says anything about Scotland, just a lot about Soames.

Her being scots is secondary to the point I ws trying to make it's the fact they were both female one told to shut up and the other woofed at. What on earth does that mean, yapping dog, bitch whatever way you look at it it's mysoginistic
spot

Speaker john bercow

Post by spot »

gmc;1506528 wrote: yapping dog, bitch whatever way you look at it it's mysoginisticThat's Nicholas Soames for you. The least savoury Conservative in the House of Commons since his syphilitic great-grandfather.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Clodhopper

Speaker john bercow

Post by Clodhopper »

gmc;1506528 wrote: Her being scots is secondary to the point I ws trying to make it's the fact they were both female one told to shut up and the other woofed at. What on earth does that mean, yapping dog, bitch whatever way you look at it it's mysoginistic

shrug. Bugudifino. And yes, undoubtedly misogynistic. You could probably add several other unpleasant things as well. But trying to make sense of the behaviour of an idiot is a forlorn task.

spot

Speaker john bercow

Post by spot »

Some Conservative with no sense of humour has tabled a vote of no confidence in the Speaker. Convention says no party may apply a whip, if I remember. It would distress me if it went against him but I don't think it's likely. Backbenchers like John Bercow.
gmc

Speaker john bercow

Post by gmc »

I sus[ect a lot of mp's are not too happy to see a british prime minister fawning over the american president the so called "special relationship" is a figment of the imagination about as much use to us as a dead budgie in a **** factory.
spot

Speaker john bercow

Post by spot »

So, two more days and John Bercow stands down as Speaker. He has done a wonderful job throughout the last ten years.

I wonder who might succeed him.

Harriet Harman?
Raphael

Speaker john bercow

Post by Raphael »

Harry Hill .
spot

Speaker john bercow

Post by spot »

Raphael;1526799 wrote: Harry Hill .

Really. Engage, not deflect. At the moment you're just unwelcome noise.

I would prefer Harriet Harman to Lindsay Hoyle though I have faith that either would prove honest agents in the role. I prefer Harriet Harman's law credentials and her back history before entering the House.
Raphael

Speaker john bercow

Post by Raphael »

None of them affect matters of importance .

We need someone with a good singing voice .

Pity we cannot afford Kate Bush .
Raphael

Speaker john bercow

Post by Raphael »

Guess I am being silly .

It is obvious that a double Speaker of Harry Hill and Kate Bush is a delightful combination .

Have you ever heard a H of P debate ?

Common and stupid oiks .
spot

Speaker john bercow

Post by spot »

Raphael;1526812 wrote: Guess I am being silly .

It is obvious that a double Speaker of Harry Hill and Kate Bush is a delightful combination .

Have you ever heard a H of P debate ?

Common and stupid oiks .

The thing is, their deliberations do tend to matter and the choice of Speaker has in the past had a considerable effect on the nature of those debates. It makes no difference whether the members are considered intellectual giants or pygmies, well bred or gutter sweepings, helpful or rogue - individually I can think of examples of all six categories, Mark Francois appearing in three. What counts is the power they collectively bring to bear on the nation.
Raphael

Speaker john bercow

Post by Raphael »

So love Mark .

A future national treasure and an update of Captain Mainwearing .

I just love small men who have come from a working class background, been to a comprehensive and scraped in to some third division red brick asylum .

Just what the Establishment hate and the real powers cannot control . A loose mini atomic bomb of a man .

Of course he is mad as a hatter . It is mad hatters who made England great and no doubt will again .
gmc

Speaker john bercow

Post by gmc »

As part of the changes that will be brought in if the tories win the door will no longer be getting slammed in black rod's face and MP's will be expected to hol;d hands and file quietly behind on the way back to the lords. Our media and especially the bbc are doibng us a great disservice in all of this.

Return to “United Kingdom”