Question

For technical issues relating to ForumGarden and its associated pages.
Bryn Mawr

Question

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Is there any way of either marking all posts as read within a single forum (rather than across all forums) or blocking all posts from a specific forum (rather than from a specific poster)?
LarsMac

Question

Post by LarsMac »

I've yet to find a way to do so
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Bryn Mawr

Question

Post by Bryn Mawr »

LarsMac;1525849 wrote: I've yet to find a way to do so

I can’t think of one, maybe a suggestion to vB would be in order!
Ahso!

Question

Post by Ahso! »

What are you fed up with, religion or word games?
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Bryn Mawr

Question

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Ahso!;1525867 wrote: What are you fed up with, religion or word games?

Yes :-p
FourPart

Question

Post by FourPart »

Bryn Mawr;1525880 wrote: Yes :-p

It's putting me off the forum.
Bryn Mawr

Question

Post by Bryn Mawr »

FourPart;1526097 wrote: It's putting me off the forum.

It’s a passing phase, it will die down after a while :-)
LarsMac

Question

Post by LarsMac »

So, how many here have "Unread Posts" as their landing spot at log in?
- DH Lawrence
spot

Question

Post by spot »

Most of the time I click a bookmark toolbar icon for FG Subscriptions, I look at new posts a couple of times a day to see what else is happening and join in if I can contribute. The bookmark toolbar icons make navigating easier.

You can auto-subscribe to any thread you post in, and you can unsubscribe if you need to afterwards. It's the sort of focus Bryn is looking for given there's no simple ignore forum option.

My own Subscribed threads amount to 20 with activity since the start of October, of which only two are games threads that I'm in to keep them moving for the other players. The rest are sensible discussion.

The question of a forum ignore toggle has been raised periodically ever since the site started and has always related to religion, politics or wordgames, it's a major omission in vBulletin's implementation. Gill was often asking for one.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Saint_

Question

Post by Saint_ »

Bryn Mawr;1526125 wrote: It’s a passing phase, it will die down after a while :-)

That's what I thought about that stupid "religion disproves science" thread by Pahu...

Oh...and why aren't the emojis working anymore?
FourPart

Question

Post by FourPart »

LarsMac;1526129 wrote: So, how many here have "Unread Posts" as their landing spot at log in?

I do. I then try & catch up on the real ones, ignore the Word Game ones & most of the Religious ones. Once done mark all posts as read, even though there may be pages & pages of other dross, which may have some decent stuff concealed in it.
G#Gill

Question

Post by G#Gill »

Yes Mr. spot, I have quite often remarked/grumbled/and rolled my eyes concerning the frequency and saturation (occasionally ) of those two particular subjects.

I find that people who come online and onto this forum adding stuff to religious thrads must be sadly lacking in any other things to do, and apart from that I really believe that these people just repeat themselves (BORING) just to draw attention to themselves. They don't have anything original to say and as many think, all these religious threads that go round and round getting nowhere, are probably the main cause for the severe lack of interesting participants in this forum.

The other main reason for keeping folk (who do have something interesting to say) away from Forum Garden is the ever-boring and repetative word games. I know that many folk enjoy these over a morning coffee, and I wouldn't want to cause upsets, so why can't we have a word games only section that people can access easily but they don't fill the front page. Some sort of Group that has a tab on the front page so people can just press and find the word games ? Is this possible ? Also a block on the individual word games from being noted on the front page ?
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
LarsMac

Question

Post by LarsMac »

Everybody who comes around here has their reasons, and they participate in threads about stuff that is of interest to them.

If you can't find a thread that you like, then start a new one. It's really that simple.

That, it seems to me, was kind of the point of a place like this.
- DH Lawrence
Bryn Mawr

Question

Post by Bryn Mawr »

LarsMac;1526222 wrote: Everybody who comes around here has their reasons, and they participate in threads about stuff that is of interest to them.

If you can't find a thread that you like, the start a new one. It's really that simple.

That, it seems to me, was kind of the point of a place like this.

You are right, I’d had a bad day :-(
Ted

Question

Post by Ted »

With all due respect I see complaints in the ignorance file when it comes to religion. Not just speaking about one faith but all.
LarsMac

Question

Post by LarsMac »

Ted;1526254 wrote: With all due respect I see complaints in the ignorance file when it comes to religion. Not just speaking about one faith but all.

Most people seem to abandon reason when it comes to religion.
- DH Lawrence
spot

Question

Post by spot »

LarsMac;1526255 wrote: Most people seem to abandon reason when it comes to religion.

Reason was never my strong suit. One sees a thread and one rushes in despite the timidity of angels.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bryn Mawr

Question

Post by Bryn Mawr »

LarsMac;1526129 wrote: So, how many here have "Unread Posts" as their landing spot at log in?

I’ve just discovered a new landing spot that appears to combine most of what I want :-

https::/www.forumgarden.con/forums/usercp.php

Return to “Problems, Solutions Feedback”