Hello everyone! New here!

New member introductions. Tell us a little about yourself. Then, click on "Blogs" above and start your own personal blog!
ErinGoEun

Post by ErinGoEun »

Making the introductory post. I don't know why but I wrote a lengthy one before, but it didn't post (maybe because it had a link? I didn't know it was not allowed. Sorry.)

Just a question, what does the "Then, click on "Blogs" above and start your own personal blog!" instruction mean? I looked through everywhere and I can't find the Blog thingie.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

ErinGoEun;1525938 wrote: Making the introductory post. I don't know why but I wrote a lengthy one before, but it didn't post (maybe because it had a link? I didn't know it was not allowed. Sorry.)

Just a question, what does the "Then, click on "Blogs" above and start your own personal blog!" instruction mean? I looked through everywhere and I can't find the Blog thingie.

Welcome to the garden, I fear the blog feature has been withdrawn but feel free to dive into the forums and post away :-6
ErinGoEun

Post by ErinGoEun »

Bryn Mawr;1525945 wrote: Welcome to the garden, I fear the blog feature has been withdrawn but feel free to dive into the forums and post away :-6

I see. Thanks! Quite relieved, to be honest. It's much easier to participate in the forums than it is to write blogs :)
spot

Post by spot »

ErinGoEun;1525938 wrote: it didn't post (maybe because it had a link? I didn't know it was not allowed. Sorry.)

There's an automated moderation process for any first post with triggering conditions, and carrying a link is one of them. We have found that most first-time posters who include a link have a commercial interest as word of mouth advertisers. To quote Wikipedia, "When targeting consumers known to be consistent Internet users, undercover marketers have taken a significant interest in leveraging Internet chat rooms and forums. In these settings, people tend to perceive everyone as peers, the semi-anonymity reduces the risk of being found out, and one marketer can personally influence a large number of people.".

Here's an example job advert in the industry:

Job Specification

An exciting start-up on the global mobile and online content arena with significant backing and operations across Switzerland, San Fransico and Estonia is looking for a Guru at blogging and viral marketing with strong experience in guerilla and direct marketing, an autonoumous outlook and the ability to excercise a global reach.

Covering marketing initiatives like blogs, message boards, user generated content, videos, podcasts, social networks, viral media, you will develop and manage on-line buzz marketing to ensure that acquisition of Player and Creator targets are achieved.

Embedding yourself in the brand and online community, you will be develop cross-premotional relationships across various online communities and blogs, manage multiple group projects, and develop a network of evangelists and influencers to get the clients message across while being an evangalist yourself.

This role is all about getting people tuned in, turned on and users of this exciting global product. Contact us now to find out more about this exceptional role with a very hot new online and mobile property. Location - open.

Contact Details

Andy Sarup, Pricejamieson, Tel: 020 7393 1389
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

ErinGoEun;1525938 wrote: Making the introductory post. I don't know why but I wrote a lengthy one before, but it didn't post (maybe because it had a link? I didn't know it was not allowed. Sorry.)

Welcome ErinGoEun! *Saint bows*

Return to “Introductions”