Talk about double standards

A forum to discuss local issues in the UK.
gmc

Post by gmc »

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... estigators

"The names of nine strip-club performers who were filmed by private investigators working with campaigners concerned about the exploitation of women should be revealed, a judge has ruled.

The nine performers, plus Spearmint Rhino bosses, are embroiled in a fight with campaign group Not Buying It. They want to stop Not Buying It circulating footage taken by private investigators at Spearmint Rhino clubs in Sheffield and Camden, north-west London, earlier this year."

It's quite possible some of the performers have family who don't know what they are doing for a living. So if they are being exploited how would having the videos and their names help in any way? I doubt very much any of the girls in spearmint rhino are being held agaisnt their will they could surely find a better target rather than simply a high profile one.
spot

Post by spot »

I do hope the names of the people who paid the private investigators are public knowledge, at least.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “United Kingdom”