Gold toilet stolen in Blenheim Palace burglary

spot

Post by spot »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-o ... e-49700620

How anyone can pretend an exhibit like this is art leaves me baffled. It is perhaps social commentary but it has no artistic merit in the slightest. To describe the representation of a clever conceit as art is to miss the point.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

I remember this toilet when it first went on display. What happen? people lose interest in it and now they have to make a big deal out of it again? I think the person who stole this apparent "art work" should be congratulated.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

I agree, Spot. It wasn't art. That's why I melted it down right away.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

You're a good bloke Saint
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

The thieves must be devoutees of Lord Baden-Powell who have taken their Slogan to heart.
spot

Post by spot »

I would hope he taught them to travel lighter. My trowel-and-paper in a double-seal bag weighs 40g which is a lot less than a spetsnaz shovel (370g without paper!) though I'd not like to hold off a platoon of territorials with mine.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

magentaflame;1525314 wrote: You're a good bloke Saint

magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

right on brother!

Return to “Crimes Trials”