That Channel Island Piper Malibu crash with the footballer on board

spot

Post by spot »

Toxicology tests on Sala's body showed CO levels in his blood were so great it could have caused a seizure, unconsciousness or a heart attack.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-49345186

I don't remember when I was last more surprised by a newspaper announcement. This is a very late stage for every previous conjecture to be found misleading or irrelevant.

The Air Accidents Investigation Branch said from the start that it had no reason to bring the plane in for analysis. Well now it has no choice. Carbon monoxide? What has that to do with night-flight or unqualified pilot or delayed take-off or any of the other assumptions. What carbon monoxide has to do with is mechanical failure. Who was piloting the aircraft would now seem to be irrelevant.

As a plot for a murder mystery it would be a blinder, too.

The pilot has been the media's scapegoat since the crash. He may well turn out to have done remarkably well in the circumstances. The plane is, after all, intact, something which has been glossed over ever since it was found.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

With modern technology and the advanced capabilities of salvage and rescue equipment, I would have thought that it would not be impossible to raise that aircraft, (like the so called authorities are insisting). No, it is purely down to finance ! It does beg the question 'what are they trying to hide?' with such excuses.

We all know that if it was a head of state that had died like that, the aircraft would be up and under strict guard in some aircraft hanger, and being thoroughly tested by the best examiners.

It is so suspicious.
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
spot

Re: That Channel Island Piper Malibu crash with the footballer on board

Post by spot »

Henderson, 67, of Hotham, in the East Riding of Yorkshire, denies acting in a reckless or negligent manner likely to endanger the aircraft. The court heard how Henderson, himself a pilot, was not available to fly the aircraft himself as he was away with his wife in Paris.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... nqualified

I find the charge odd, to be honest. Henderson could reasonably be described as knowingly inhabiting the criminal underbelly of private passenger transport, along with no doubt others, but he hired the plane and it's the plane wot killed the two on board. You don't get poisoned by carbon monoxide by a plane in working order.

Everyone from the chap paying Henderson to criminally organize the criminal flight down to whatever engineer passed the Piper as flightworthy ought to be in the dock, as should the pilot if he's still alive. But how Henderson can be accused of "acting in a reckless or negligent manner likely to endanger the aircraft" if the aircraft itself caused the crash, I can't understand at all.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
spot

Re: That Channel Island Piper Malibu crash with the footballer on board

Post by spot »

spot wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:48 pmBut how Henderson can be accused of "acting in a reckless or negligent manner likely to endanger the aircraft" if the aircraft itself caused the crash, I can't understand at all.

Ah. The jury was told today that Henderson "was in charge of the maintenance and hiring out the plane, and choosing pilots", so I take that back. I'd not heard it claimed before that he had control of maintenance.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... jury-hears

Return to “Current Events”