old scientific electronics

vallero

Post by vallero »

I am a new member, (as in 20 minutes). I don't know if this the forum that I looking for, but it looked promising. A friend has been a collector of scientific instruments such as tube based electronics, vacuum systems etc. for many years. Being ancient (circa 1970) and tube based whether they will function or not is debatable. However he no longer wants them and they are free to anyone who wants them, and of course the recipient prepares and pays all shipping costs. That is something to consider because of the location. The collection is in a small town 200 km from Ottawa Ontario Canada.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Hello and welcome :-6

We don't normally accept advertisements but I see this as more a public service announcement :-)
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

vallero;1522601 wrote: I am a new member, (as in 20 minutes). I don't know if this the forum that I looking for, but it looked promising. A friend has been a collector of scientific instruments such as tube based electronics, vacuum systems etc. for many years. Being ancient (circa 1970) and tube based whether they will function or not is debatable. However he no longer wants them and they are free to anyone who wants them, and of course the recipient prepares and pays all shipping costs. That is something to consider because of the location. The collection is in a small town 200 km from Ottawa Ontario Canada.

Post something on Ebay.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
vallero

Post by vallero »

this is not a commercial post and therefore not appropriate for e-bay. I am trying to help an elderly friend of mine to donate old electronic scientific devices to someone who would appreciate them, rather than having them disposed of and turned into scrap metal. From the two posts that I have received it is obvious that i have selected the wrong forum. I will look else where because I agree with my friend that the items that he has should not be destined to a garbage heap
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

craigslist has a section for that sort of thing.

My nephew finds all sorts of treasures through them.

Your friend might want to try that.

Or try the local community college.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

How about the Science Museum? They might find spare parts useful.
spot

Post by spot »

I hope we've not sounded aggressive or dismissive. I think the initial reaction stems from our having no Canadian posters, and that your request appeared at first sight to be inherently local.

Several of us have experience. We may well be older than your elderly friend, and even less able to provide the long-term home these artefacts deserve.

A photo would be interesting. I for one would recognize the difference between a radio receiver, a radio transceiver and a mercury vapour memory tube. Or a CRT memory or a piano wire audio wave memory, come to that.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “Science”