hello to you all again..

For technical issues relating to ForumGarden and its associated pages.
Lane

hello to you all again..

Post by Lane »

how do we edit OLD posts here? can`t find ..

thank you ahead of time. Lane
spot

hello to you all again..

Post by spot »

Can't be done without moderator rights. What are you hoping to adjust?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Lane

hello to you all again..

Post by Lane »

wanted to remove old song posts, and sometimes I re-write lyric, wanted to be able to "edit them once posted.
spot

hello to you all again..

Post by spot »

That sounds more like a Wiki than a forum, I'm not sure how we'd achieve that.

The reason the site (and forums in general) limits the edit period is that posters have been known to go back and adjust threads so extensively that the conversation becomes incoherent. People are left with replies to material which wasn't there when they wrote. This is inevitable with any degree of edit - it's called cross-posting when it happens in minutes -but once it's days or years it can be deliberately disruptive.

With a Wiki there's a trail showing such edits, so they're not a problem. With a forum it's invisible to anyone browsing afterwards. I've not yet seen a forum with Wiki editing built in but I think it would be a good idea.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Lane

hello to you all again..

Post by Lane »

I can understand that, being a song writer I always like opinions, and sometimes I take them...lol

and people always point out mistakes, thats always helpful. well I guess I better have it the way I want it before I post. thanks for the info. Lane

or maybe after a certain amount of days, a button to delete, or edit and re-post

Return to “Problems, Solutions Feedback”