I need your opinion and it became very clear to me way back that you all have one

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
minks

I need your opinion and it became very clear to me way back that you all have one

Post by minks »

cars wrote: Art is in the eyes of the beholder, but some beholders need glasses! :D

ahhh yet another classic cars moment hehehehe
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

cars wrote: Art is in the eyes of the beholder, but some beholders need glasses! :D
I was waiting for my '64 Nova to appear!
cars

Post by cars »

chonsigirl wrote: I was waiting for my '64 Nova to appear!

That's not art, that would be magic!!! ;)
Cars :)
cars

Post by cars »

Walla, MAGIC!!! It's a beaut!!! :)
cars

Post by cars »

Another 64 Nova beauty! ;)

Attached files
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, that is cool! Mine was green, with a dark green metal flake roof! And mags!
Nuthrday

Post by Nuthrday »

Is it just me or is this picture question getting a lot of replies? Not to mention the thread drifting (am partial to Novas). I also like the colors and the subject matter, but for some reason I am always uncomfortable with pictures of humans in my house. In fact, have only animals and land/water scapes! Go figure. I would hang it somewhere where it would add to the decor, not as a piece of art.
nvalleyvee

Post by nvalleyvee »

Not my style of art.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

My home is a mish mash, not central theme-ey, who cares? Hang it up Nomad, you like it, she can have a pic of her own.

Gosh, when I was a teenager, I had a full life size poster of Mark Spitz hanging on the inside of my bedroom door-it was my room, and my view of that hunk back then.

So, it's your house too, compromise my dear Nomad. Let her hang something she wants, as long as it isn't you.

:)
DesignerGal

Post by DesignerGal »

I think its Beautiful!!!!!!!

HBIC
cars

Post by cars »

DesignerGal wrote: I think its Beautiful!!!!!!!

AH, BUT WOULD YOU HANG IT IN YOUR HOUSE?
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Ha-it's Nomad who wants to hang the picture, and so he should, it's his house.

Meanwhile, back on the flip side of life, one week from today starts the NBA season...............................:wah:
cars

Post by cars »

chonsigirl wrote: Ha-it's Nomad who wants to hang the picture, and so he should, it's his house.

Meanwhile, back on the flip side of life, one week from today starts the NBA season...............................:wah:

Nomad's original post asked": Would you hang this in your house?:-2
Bez

Post by Bez »

cars wrote: Nomad's original post asked": Would you hang this in your house?:-2

I would if it was a gift...not sure I would actually buy it though....I still like it ...it tells a tale...I like that.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

cars wrote: Nomad's original post asked": Would you hang this in your house?:-2
Hey, a plug for the NBA sounded good in this thread..........I would let him hang it next to my Laker's flag!
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

The picture is fine, but I'd rather have that blue car that chronisgirl (probably not the right spelling) posted. We don't have motors like that over here. I had the same problem with a picture my girlfriend didn't like, well I still have the picture, but she's long gone. Probably not the ideal solution for u as your married and all that.
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
G-man

Post by G-man »

Not for me... I collect art too... mostly German expressionism, impressionism and cubism... and I do have several Eastern themed rooms in my residence, one with an Arab look too... I generally don't like those type of poster-type prints though... I don't even have many photographs up... perhaps it's because I prefer a bit of texture considering the types of art I collect?

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

webbie

Post by webbie »

iF YOU HAVE A PLACE LARGE ENOUGH TO HANG IT SO IT WILL NOT BE CLUTTERED IN ANY WAY, I SAY HANG IT, BUT TELL THE WIFE IF AND WHEN SHE COMES UP WITH SOMETHING THAT SHE REALLY LIKES, YOU WILL TAKE IT DOWN FOR A SPELL SO SHE CAN HANG HERS. THIS WAY SHE IS HAPPY. AND WHEN WIFE IS HAPPY EVERYBODY IS HAPPY. ITS GOOD TO CHANGE ART AROUND TO A DIFFERENT, TO A DIFFERENT LIGHT, TO ANOTHER ROOM. THIS WAY ITS ALWAYS LOOKING LIKE YOU JUST GOT IT. BUT I COULD BE WRONG.
"WHAT ME WORRY!":-5

Return to “General Chit Chat”