Are we moving towards introversion in our lives?

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

I was thinking the other day about how we are using our freedom of expression. The question came up between me and some neighbors concerning how much more or less we are sharing communication with each other. Some felt they only held back if it were new people that they confronted. Others felt that the attitude of the other person gave the green light to more fruitful conversation. Still. Some see it frighteningly becoming easy to shut down a

And stay in the world of self. One can always

Keep yourself company but it's nothing like really enjoying the good company of another or a stimulating conversation.

Does fear hold us back? Is it wrong expectations or lack of judgment as to who we match up with? Short of talking too much. My curiosity often listens too much. But I like to listen. Then there is the style of conversation that causes introversion. I have some nephew's who think I am just square. There's the gender aspect of it all. Culture and experiences in life: I think we should be talking. I just see a short wave of introversion out there which is disturbing.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

interesting question.

I am somewhat of an introvert. I don't often initiate conversations with people, but am perfectly willing to discuss nearly anything.

It has become far more of a minefield, these days, and many people have some interesting trigger topics.

It's a jungle out there.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

LarsMac;1520377 wrote: interesting question.

I am somewhat of an introvert. I don't often initiate conversations with people, but am perfectly willing to discuss nearly anything.

It has become far more of a minefield, these days, and many people have some interesting trigger topics.

It's a jungle out there.

The willingness to discuss things is

A sign of the peace pipe in our hearts, where

We can smoke interesting things over and enjoy the fine art of conversation. The effort is external. The rewards internal. The art of Ambient fellowship.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Mickiel;1520378 wrote: The willingness to discuss things is

A sign of the peace pipe in our hearts, where

We can smoke interesting things over and enjoy the fine art of conversation. The effort is external. The rewards internal. The art of Ambient fellowship.

Part of what we want to talk about is always part of what's going on inside of us. If we never want to talk then is that saying we are always empty inside?
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Mickiel;1520383 wrote: Part of what we want to talk about is always part of what's going on inside of us. If we never want to talk then is that saying we are always empty inside?

I used to talk a lot about women. Now I prefer wine. I used to speak a lot about sports. Now I like the drama of real life personal stories. I used to talk a lot about politics now I am interested in people.

I used to be more quiet now the stillness is wanting to move.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Mickiel;1520385 wrote: I used to talk a lot about women. Now I prefer wine. I used to speak a lot about sports. Now I like the drama of real life personal stories. I used to talk a lot about politics now I am interested in people.

I used to be more quiet now the stillness is wanting to move.

Speak your mind, do you mind if your mind speaks?
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Mickiel;1520383 wrote: Part of what we want to talk about is always part of what's going on inside of us. If we never want to talk then is that saying we are always empty inside?

Some of us are just too busy, inside, to slow down and verbalize what's going on.

We have an autistic grandson. You can see the wheels turning, and it is painful to him to slow down enough to engage verbally with us. We are just too slow for him.
- DH Lawrence
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

LarsMac;1520392 wrote: Some of us are just too busy inside, to slow down and verbalize what's going on.

We have an autistic grandson. You can see the wheels turning, and it is painful to him to slow down enough to engage verbally with us. We are just too slow for him.

There are times when you attach yourselves to his world and let him take you for a ride. At his pace. Being. Autistic has an excitement added to it. He will slow down if he has you caught in the conversations.

Stay real with him.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Mickiel;1520395 wrote: There are times when you attach yourselves to his world and let him take you for a ride. At his pace. Being. Autistic has an excitement added to it. He will slow down if he has you caught in the conversations.

Stay real with him.

I've managed to connect a few times, but he is like a Hummingbird.

I can relate, though. It can be hard to slow down for others, wait for them to catch up, and, realizing they never will, to move on.
- DH Lawrence
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

LarsMac;1520396 wrote: I've managed to connect a few times, but he is like a Hummingbird.

I can relate, though. It can be hard to slow down for others, wait for them to catch up, and, realizing they never will, to move on.

Yes. That is so true. When the path we lay. Or the conversations we have offer nothing but a hardcore reflection of ourselves then we are heading some people into it. A conversation should be an invite not a burden trap. The pace of a discussion should create itself.

But by all means let's talk.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Mickiel;1520399 wrote: Yes. That is so true. When the path we lay. Or the conversations we have offer nothing but a hardcore reflection of ourselves then we are heading some people into it. A conversation should be an invite not a burden trap. The pace of a discussion should create itself.

But by all means let's talk.

The notion of asking others to have speaks with you is really common and honorable. When you start to like talking then it can take on medical values.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Mickiel;1520498 wrote: The notion of asking others to have speaks with you is really common and honorable. When you start to like talking then it can take on medical values.

I think it's healthy to often come out of the evernarrowing world of self and add to you the sense of others and conseed some of their views that you can see and practice that more often. One of the worst world problems is selfishness , hands down raw selfishness. Some of us can't see the knowledge that enlightens because we can't see around ourselves. Were overly selfish and narrow minded.

I often wonder what the solution to this can be.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

I have two neighbors on my block, both have lived there over 35 years. They stopped speaking to each other 30 years ago. Why, because one of them planted a certain kind of shrub bush and then the other did the same thing. And that is why they stopped talking. Senseless petty reasoning. Like two old battleaxes they pretend each other is not there. Both ladies are 70 years old and live right across from each other..

Its just really sad. Really selfish. Closing their lives off from each other.

Return to “General Chit Chat”