Bigots on the ropes in Ireland?

A forum to discuss local issues in the UK.
gmc

Post by gmc »

One simple reason we might see a United Ireland before independence | The National

"It’s not beyond the bounds of possibility that the Northern Irish public could demand a poll on reunification with the South – not likely still, but no longer unthinkable. If that happens, the radicalising effect on Scots would be enormous, making indyref2 irresistible and leaving Great Britain a shadow of its former imperial self. "

Who'd have thought it the pope and arlene foster bringing about unification?
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Apparently we need to watch the next week for a stream of revelations about the brexiters' plans...

...or was it this week? Brexiter promises are so vague...
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
gmc

Post by gmc »

Don't know about brexiteers crystal ball gazing but apparently, Boris Johnston has given up navel-gazing apparently he is finding it hard to see.

What kind of democracy do we have when a clown like johnston seemingly thinks becoming leaser of the tory party means he becomes prime minister. The vast majority of people in this country do not vote tory.

On a happier note

Mundell admits 'chaotic Brexit' will fuel Yes campaign | The National

"Mundell admits 'chaotic Brexit' will fuel Yes campaign"

Also

"Later, talking to journalists, Mundell said Scottish Tory leader Ruth Davidson had the “excellent qualities” needed to replace Theresa May in Number 10.

There has been speculation that the Scottish Tory chief will head to London after the next Holyrood election in 2021. "

She might well have lost her seat by then - oh no wait a minute we have proportional representation so maybe not.
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Hmm. If anyone can save the Tories Davidson is probably the person. Scotland gone in 5 years and NI in 10 is my Brexit prediction - with the caveat that if the EU collapses as a result of us leaving + whatever other crisis crops up then that prediction no longer applies. I don't think the EU will collapse but our leaving does make it more vulnerable in the short term.

magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

We're being told you guys are having a bit of a think about having another referendum over brexit.????
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
gmc

Post by gmc »

magentaflame;1520625 wrote: We're being told you guys are having a bit of a think about having another referendum over brexit.????

More than a think. If you read just the mainstream press you would think it was a done deal all you get is the same bull**** over and over again. The referendum was advisory never binding in any way except in the fantasy created by the brexiteers.
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

There have been calls for a 2nd ref since the first and rather than dying away they have been slowly gaining volume. There have been a few petitions that have gathered about 600k signatures I think, the Lib Dems have been calling for one consistently but are too small to be very influential.

It's probably too little too late. But we keep plugging away. The real nasties here are the European Research Group who are the far right out at any price Tories. The precise number isn't clear but it's probably about 60. That's in Parliament. Outside Parliament there's this American, Steve Bannon, who is advising the far right all across Europe. He was Trump's big man during his campaign for President, now he's advising Johnson and Rees-Mogg as well as the Austrian President.

magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

That Bannon has been here. Dispicable human being.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

He is the guy co-ordinating the far right in Europe on behalf of trump. And if he is acting on behalf of Trump he is acting on behalf of Putin.

Total filth.

gmc

Post by gmc »

Dorries: The Irish border issue “does not exist”

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-st ... -1-5712997

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-st ... -1-5716290

You couldn't make this stuff up, could you?

Return to “United Kingdom”