Excessive HEAT Warning

What's the weather like today?
Patsy Warnick

Excessive HEAT Warning

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Excessive heat warning through the State :-6:-6:-6

We will be hot at 120 degrees for days.

I survived 122 degrees back in 1990 - we had to close our airport.

This will be brutal & I will not be leaving the house.:-1

How's your weather?

Patsy
spot

Excessive HEAT Warning

Post by spot »

Oddly enough I just stuck a digital thermometer in my ear. 98°F.

My room is the warmest it's been all year at 70°F because it was well sweltery out there this afternoon.

Tomorrow I'm off to London where it may reach 80°F if it remains cloudless and I shall liquefy.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bruv

Excessive HEAT Warning

Post by Bruv »

Patsy Warnick;1510243 wrote: How's your weather?

Patsy

Hot and humid......I don't like it much either.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
tude dog

Excessive HEAT Warning

Post by tude dog »

I use to go camping in the Mojave Desert, California. First visit Phoenix, Nevada, 110f and rolled down the windows on my pick-em-up.

I have a lot of yard work and it is hard when I can only work a couple of hours in the morning. Getting too old to tolerate heat.

LOCAL WEATHER
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
Clodhopper

Excessive HEAT Warning

Post by Clodhopper »

Tomorrow I'm off to London where it may reach 80°F if it remains cloudless and I shall liquefy.

Pop in for a cooling cuppa if you need a break and Kingston is easily accessible.
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
Patsy Warnick

Excessive HEAT Warning

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Tude

I'm with you - I'm getting too old to tolerate this heat.

I moved here for the sun - to get out of the wet & cold - but the last few summers from hell have been horrible.

It's getting hotter earlier & staying in the hot temps for longer periods.

Things are changing..

Bruv

Our humidity starts in a couple of weeks - it's our Monsoon Season - with thunderstorms at night. it's tough to deal with.

Patsy
spot

Excessive HEAT Warning

Post by spot »

Clodhopper;1510249 wrote: Pop in for a cooling cuppa if you need a break and Kingston is easily accessible.

You're very kind and had I fewer engagements I'd have been delighted. I have tickets for Raymond Gubbay's afternoon Space Spectacular at the Albert Hall, and an excited child who has been looking forward to seeing the performance for months.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
gmc

Excessive HEAT Warning

Post by gmc »

Well we had 18 degrees centigrade last week it was up to 27 even the rain was warm. I can't think in fahreinheit any more.
Clodhopper

Excessive HEAT Warning

Post by Clodhopper »

spot;1510251 wrote: You're very kind and had I fewer engagements I'd have been delighted. I have tickets for Raymond Gubbay's afternoon Space Spectacular at the Albert Hall, and an excited child who has been looking forward to seeing the performance for months.

Wrong end of town. Ah well. I gather you're up here a fair bit. If it's ever convenient you only have to let me know.

Incidentally, that's true for FG members I know or a member I know can vouch for, whether friends or not on here. That includes makeshift beds if any are coming in or out through Heathrow. Or just need a bed for the night.

magentaflame

Excessive HEAT Warning

Post by magentaflame »

Clodhopper;1510261 wrote: Wrong end of town. Ah well. I gather you're up here a fair bit. If it's ever convenient you only have to let me know.

Incidentally, that's true for FG members I know or a member I know can vouch for, whether friends or not on here. That includes makeshift beds if any are coming in or out through Heathrow. Or just need a bed for the night.

I may take you up on that my dear man.

winter has certainly hit here with vigour And our new young weather man on ABC is the bomb.they call him "Nate" and I love his "weather nerd titbits" and you know youre getting old when the weather man looks like he just stepped out of highschool.

https://tv.press.abc.net.au/nate-byrne- ... -breakfast#

The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
LarsMac

Excessive HEAT Warning

Post by LarsMac »

tude dog;1510248 wrote: I use to go camping in the Mojave Desert, California. First visit Phoenix, Nevada, 110f and rolled down the windows on my pick-em-up.

I have a lot of yard work and it is hard when I can only work a couple of hours in the morning. Getting too old to tolerate heat.

LOCAL WEATHER

The wife and I were returning from Maine a couple of summers ago, and we took US36 across your neck of the woods. It was 126 or some such. The vinyl roof on our car melted. It was brutal.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Patsy Warnick

Excessive HEAT Warning

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Lars

it is brutal - at 10:00 A.M. the heat was already 100 degrees & climbing.

Why are people moving here ??? :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl it's crazy hot..

Patsy
Clodhopper

Excessive HEAT Warning

Post by Clodhopper »

magentaflame;1510278 wrote: I may take you up on that my dear man.

winter has certainly hit here with vigour And our new young weather man on ABC is the bomb.they call him "Nate" and I love his "weather nerd titbits" and you know youre getting old when the weather man looks like he just stepped out of highschool.

https://tv.press.abc.net.au/nate-byrne- ... -breakfast#

You'd be very welcome. Just let me know when.

chuckle. I know what you mean about people looking ridiculously young. Half the police look to me as though they should be still at school...

edit: Patsy Warnick;1510291 wrote: Lars

it is brutal - at 10:00 A.M. the heat was already 100 degrees & climbing.

Why are people moving here ??? :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl it's crazy hot..

Patsy

chuckle. It's climbed to a dizzying 31 deg Centigrade here over the last couple of days. My Russian lodger is whimpering.

spot

Excessive HEAT Warning

Post by spot »

American Airlines announced it was cancelling dozens of flights scheduled to take off from Sky Harbor airport during the hottest part of the day.

The local Fox News affiliate in Phoenix said the cancellations mostly affected regional flights on the smaller Bombardier CRJ airliners, which have a maximum operating temperature of about 118F (48C).

Phoenix flights cancelled because it's too hot for planes - BBC News

My room is currently 79°F, I may take a shower. I am beyond my safe operating parameters.
Bruv

Excessive HEAT Warning

Post by Bruv »

spot;1510328 wrote: My room is currently 79°F, I may take a shower. I am beyond my safe operating parameters.

May take a shower ???

In this heat it ought to be the law.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Patsy Warnick

Excessive HEAT Warning

Post by Patsy Warnick »

This is OMG heat

Airlines cancelled several flights & tomorrow will be worse ..:-6

Brutal hot and humidity is moving in

why do I stay..?:wah: Why are people moving here??:yh_rotfl

Patsy
spot

Excessive HEAT Warning

Post by spot »

Patsy Warnick;1510364 wrote: why do I stay..?:wah: Why are people moving here??:yh_rotfl

Patsy

Solved. Easy. Fairbanks.
FourPart

Excessive HEAT Warning

Post by FourPart »

I'm ewll in the shade in my flat, with my fan blowing onto a frozen carton of water (useful tip), and the temperature here is 29c, 45% humidity, and 14.7psi, according to my Smart Thermometer app.

Regarding the frozen carton - take an empty juice carton. Fill it with water. Put it in the freezer overnight & put it in front of the fan. It works wonders.
Wandrin

Excessive HEAT Warning

Post by Wandrin »

It is hot here today. If I take a 15 minute drive west, it is 25 degrees F cooler. If I take a 15 minute drive south or east, it is 10 degrees hotter.
Patsy Warnick

Excessive HEAT Warning

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Wandrin

There's no where to run to - there's no where to hide...:guitarist

Patsy
Clodhopper

Excessive HEAT Warning

Post by Clodhopper »

34.5C/94F reported at Heathrow yesterday. That's only a few miles as the crow flies.

Mid twenties today. :) Much better!

LarsMac

Excessive HEAT Warning

Post by LarsMac »

Clodhopper;1510433 wrote: 34.5C/94F reported at Heathrow yesterday. That's only a few miles as the crow flies.

Mid twenties today. :) Much better!

We've had it fairly mild around here.

We hit 100 f the last two days, here (about 38 c) Today it is expected to be around 91 f, and tomorrow, low 80s, as a cold Front moves down from Wyoming.
- DH Lawrence
Patsy Warnick

Excessive HEAT Warning

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Excessive heat warning !!!! We're HOT early.:-6 :-6

Our T.V. channels have ticker tape warning every one to stay indoors.

It's early for this 110 degree heat - I made a awning for my tomato plants ( I have @ 80 tomatoes ) it'll cool down in the 90's at the end of the week.

so I ask - why would one take a hike today? fun right? it's 110 degrees by 11:00 A.M. warnings a week prior and all week for excessive dangerous heat and yet people will want to take a trail up a dirt mountain for fun.

I hoped the trails would be closed for these idiots - but NO

We spend thousands to rescue those hikers who are having fun...:-5

this heat is brutal..

how is your weather?

Patsy
LarsMac

Excessive HEAT Warning

Post by LarsMac »

We've had glorious weather up here. mid 70s all week. I want to live where I can get bored with this kind of weather.
- DH Lawrence
Patsy Warnick

Excessive HEAT Warning

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Lars

where's up here?

I just bought a small house in Washington - approved the offer today. looking forward to some cool weather. should be there by the end of June.

Patsy
Patsy Warnick

Excessive HEAT Warning

Post by Patsy Warnick »

And how about the 80 Tomatoes !!! impressive :wah:

Patsy
spot

Excessive HEAT Warning

Post by spot »

Patsy Warnick;1519107 wrote: Lars

where's up here?

I just bought a small house in Washington - approved the offer today. looking forward to some cool weather. should be there by the end of June.

Patsy
That sounds quite exciting, it will be an interesting place to spend time.
LarsMac

Excessive HEAT Warning

Post by LarsMac »

Patsy Warnick;1519107 wrote: Lars

where's up here?

Patsy

Up here is Colorado. I am assuming you are still down in the Phoenix area. We will likely see some 100s this year, but hopefully not until midsummer.

Washington is quite the change. I am happy for you.

Patsy Warnick;1519108 wrote: And how about the 80 Tomatoes !!! impressive :wah:

Patsy

80 tomatoes, already?

We are just getting to where they can be left uncovered - We hope.
- DH Lawrence
Patsy Warnick

Excessive HEAT Warning

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Lars

yes, AZ and it's early for this Hot Hot Heat.

1st- my tomatoes - I planted 2 plants Sept. 2017. By C'mas I was handing tomatoes out to all my neighbors. Around March the plants looked like they were dying back, then the plants improved - new buds and now I have @ 80 good size tomatoes. 2 crops WooHoo ! I usually have to pull the plants @ August.

2nd - WA property - I'm originally from Tacoma WA. We had a road trip to WA in February to purchase a property. Real Estate is crazy in WA & not much to choose from - (in my price range). We'd plan to view property's & they would sell on our way there. crazy.

It's 110 degrees already - Oh, I'll go take a hike..:yh_rotfl

Patsy
spot

Excessive HEAT Warning

Post by spot »

I took a phone-photo of my son in the heat over the weekend,it has to be in my Inbox if I check.

Attached files

Return to “Weather Station”