Buffet - - - - - - - -

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
cars

Buffet - - - - - - - -

Post by cars »

- - - - "Tipping".

Do you "tip" your Buffet "attendant" the same as your restaurant "server"? (I Do)

If not, "why" not?
Cars :)
cars

Buffet - - - - - - - -

Post by cars »

No replies, so here's the rational.

At a buffet, I don't "pile" up food on my plates, as some people do.

I place small portions of food on my plates as if it was received in a restaurant.

Therefore, I go up to the buffet around a dozen times or more, between the salad, soup, entree's and desert.

Requiring the attendant returning to our table a dozen or so times clearing the plates, as well as refill my beverage glass. And then bring/serve coffee at the end.

In a restaurant the server, although brought the food, only comes to my table around 3 to 4 times. (so 20%)
spot

Buffet - - - - - - - -

Post by spot »

I'm not sure I've ever attended a buffet. Restaurants yes, but buffet? Not that I can bring to mind. Perhaps that's what happens at the Longboat, I've eaten there a couple of times, I'd need to be advised but I've certainly never tipped anyone in the Longboat. Pubs are not restaurants. Neither are cafes. A cafe proprietor would be bemused if offered a tip.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
LarsMac

Buffet - - - - - - - -

Post by LarsMac »

I seldom dine at buffets. With rare exception, I no longer consume enough of the food to justify the price.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Ahso!

Buffet - - - - - - - -

Post by Ahso! »

I rarely go to buffets also, but when I do I always tip, but then I've been known to tip people at drive-thrus. If I take the family out to eat and I pick up the bill they are required to leave a minimum tip of $5.00 each, and that includes a $5.00 tip from each child they bring. Needless to say, our servers are usually well compensated and pleased to see us return.

I would prefer servers and everyone else was paid a living wage instead of slave wage and dependant on the goodwill of the customer. I'd probably still tip though because I tip just about everybody.

What good is money if it can't buy you love?
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Orion79

Buffet - - - - - - - -

Post by Orion79 »

" What good is money if it can't buy you love? "

Brilliant remark , Ahso !.....

cars

Buffet - - - - - - - -

Post by cars »

Orion79;1518600 wrote: " What good is money if it can't buy you love? "

Brilliant remark , Ahso !.....

:wah::wah::wah:
FourPart

Buffet - - - - - - - -

Post by FourPart »

The problems with Buffets is that the plates always seem to be so small - not much more than a saucer, so it always seems as if you have to pile things up.
LarsMac

Buffet - - - - - - - -

Post by LarsMac »

FourPart;1518633 wrote: The problems with Buffets is that the plates always seem to be so small - not much more than a saucer, so it always seems as if you have to pile things up.

You're going to the wrong Buffets, I think.

When we did go to Buffets, we always left a tip. There was place called Country Kitchen that a lot of family members used to like going to.

When we went, I always left a tip on the table. Usually about five bucks per member of our party.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence

Return to “General Chit Chat”