A quick question

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Bruv

A quick question

Post by Bruv »

Has anyone else had a PM from the new non posting member Glenny ?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
spot

A quick question

Post by spot »

No, least of all me.

Oh... Glenny. Yes, several of us including me. He Witnesses for Jehovah though he's loath to admit it. He's in the classic mould of religious bigots of whom the board has had more than its fair share over the years.

By all means insult him, he's even older than I am.

I was confusing him with JJ's fake account when I started replying.

Here he is - nasty chap all round. I don't often out people but sometimes it's the right answer.

GLEN J LABELLA ... 616 PAPWORTH AVE METAIRIE, LA 70005.

Saturday, September 26, 2009

I warn all and sundry about this man. He uses the Bible but can destroy you. People who have been indoctrinated in the Jehovah's Witness teachings are destroyed and only the power of God can help them to come to true faith in Christ, I know this, I have been in the hands of the Wonderful Counsellor to free me from the 48 terrified years I was in that organization. My husband was in it for 56 years, a leader, and is still not any where near free, and our children are in confusion. Beware of this man, while praying for him, that God open his eyes for he is no doubt very sincere as most of them are, and believes himself to be doing God's will.

Written in love, Louise

People who register here with their own agenda deliberately looking for a captive audience deserve all the profligate abuse the management can come up with.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
AnneBoleyn

A quick question

Post by AnneBoleyn »

ugh
Patsy Warnick

A quick question

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Not Glenny but i received a PM from Donnabhan?

who ever that is??

Patsy
Bruv

A quick question

Post by Bruv »

He or she, as far as I can see, has made no posts on the forum, but asked me if still lived in SE London, so I asked why such a random question, and who's asking ?

I then got some scriptures, but no real answers.

Never done it before but I might put him or her on ignore.
tude dog

A quick question

Post by tude dog »

I got a PM ten days ago. It didn't say much and I never responded.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
Bruv

A quick question

Post by Bruv »

tude dog;1518342 wrote: I got a PM ten days ago. It didn't say much and I never responded.

He is probably recruiting.
LarsMac

A quick question

Post by LarsMac »

yes.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
gmc

A quick question

Post by gmc »

I did told him not to contact me.
xfrodobagginsx

A quick question

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Bruv;1518335 wrote: Has anyone else had a PM from the new non posting member Glenny ?

Yes, I have been getting them. Questions about the Bible. He didn't like the way I answered them so he said I will never hear from him again.
Bruv

A quick question

Post by Bruv »

xfrodobagginsx;1518352 wrote: Yes, I have been getting them. Questions about the Bible. He didn't like the way I answered them so he said I will never hear from him again.

So it's not just atheists he can irritate ?

(Bilbo...............what are you doing outside your own threads )
spot

A quick question

Post by spot »

Patsy Warnick;1518340 wrote: Not Glenny but i received a PM from Donnabhan?

who ever that is??

Patsy
He's not logged in since last year, it's possible the system glitched and re-forwarded an old PM from a decade ago.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
xfrodobagginsx

A quick question

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Bruv;1518356 wrote: So it's not just atheists he can irritate ?

(Bilbo...............what are you doing outside your own threads )

He is a Jehovah's Witness. I know the false doctrine he pushes. BTW I am Frodo, not Bilbo. :)
Bruv

A quick question

Post by Bruv »

xfrodobagginsx;1518360 wrote: He is a Jehovah's Witness. I know the false doctrine he pushes. BTW I am Frodo, not Bilbo. :)

OK sorry......Bilbo.

Is he ? Just another branch of the god squad to me....whatever.
spot

A quick question

Post by spot »

I propose an hypothesis: that no doctrinal statement is true.

It's easily tested.
Bruv

A quick question

Post by Bruv »

spot;1518364 wrote: I propose an hypothesis: that no doctrinal statement is true.

It's easily tested.

Easily tested ?

With logic ?

How do you Test faith ?
spot

A quick question

Post by spot »

Bruv;1518365 wrote: Easily tested ?

With logic ?

How do you Test faith ?

You can't. But faith has no overlap with doctrine. Faith is a process. Doctrine on the other hand is a claim easily tested with logic which is either true or false, it is provable, one may put it to the test. I claimed "no doctrinal statement is true", by all means test it here and now. Make a doctrinal statement which is true and my hypothesis will immediately fail. What could be simpler.

Return to “General Chit Chat”