England Rugby coach really messes up

Discuss all types of sports.
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Eddie Jones has just had a short film of him talking at a sponsors' bash go public. Unfortunately he refers to Wales as a ****ty little place and the Irish as scummy.

I'll note in passing the timing of this coming out is interesting with an England/Ireland Grand Slam game coming up.

But omg. :-5:-5:-5

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/43410192
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
gmc

Post by gmc »

Clodhopper;1518298 wrote: Eddie Jones has just had a short film of him talking at a sponsors' bash go public. Unfortunately he refers to Wales as a ****ty little place and the Irish as scummy.

I'll note in passing the timing of this coming out is interesting with an England/Ireland Grand Slam game coming up.

But omg. :-5:-5:-5

Eddie Jones: England coach makes offensive comments about Ireland and Wales - BBC Sport

With a name like jones what's he doing slagging off the welsh.
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

I'll just slide this one in quietly: Aussie cricket team. Ouch ouch ouch.

The Aussies are big on their sledging: I wonder what every opposing team will be saying to them for the next few series when they try it? Can Smith possibly stay on in those circumstances?

Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Clodhopper;1518439 wrote: I'll just slide this one in quietly: Aussie cricket team. Ouch ouch ouch.

The Aussies are big on their sledging: I wonder what every opposing team will be saying to them for the next few series when they try it? Can Smith possibly stay on in those circumstances?

Neither Smith nor Lehman and the rest of the "leadership team".

Why oh why, it was so stupid - I'm sad for the Aussies right now.
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Aussie cricketers have been pretty sanctimonious about upholding the highest standards in recent years. That may explain why people from all round the cricketing world appear to be lining up to put the boot in. But nothing compares to the Aussie Press.

When you've got Jim Maxwell, respected round the world as a commentator, in tears when talking about it you suddenly click just HOW big it is for the Aussie people.

Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Checked out a couple of cricket podcasts and looked at some comments. One thing that stood out was the disbelief among ex-pros that it was an isolated incident. Vaughan in particular said in effect he thought Warner had been tampering for some time and was feeling the pressure of the cameras on him after his recent run ins with SA players, so they changed the person responsible for tampering and picked on the least experienced player in the team who got caught. Warner is coming across as a complete hypocrite and major bad influence.

Return to “Wide World of Sports”