It appears to be secret on here

A forum for ForumGardeners to post news about themselves.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

but...

Happy Birthday Spot

spot

Post by spot »

You're very kind. A few more like that and the Queen will write.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I'd like to add my best wishes:

Happy Birthday Spot
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Happy Birthday Spot, celebrate by cooking an avocado or two.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Happy Birthday to ya, Spot.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
spot

Post by spot »

Bruv;1517769 wrote: Happy Birthday Spot, celebrate by cooking an avocado or two.

Lunch was uncontroversial, I baked an oiled rainbow trout with a hint of lemon and it was a good start to the day.

Dinner, on the other hand, was designed as a salad. Lettuce, a sliced onion and a chopped avocado. One bite into the avocado persuaded me it was obviously not ripe and salad was not an option. The salad went into a tall jug with a pint of stock, liquidized and then brought to the boil by microwave. Relabeled "Soup du Jour" is was quite satisfying.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Wandrin

Post by Wandrin »

Happy Birthday, Spot.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

spot;1517772 wrote: Lunch was uncontroversial, I baked an oiled rainbow trout with a hint of lemon and it was a good start to the day.

Dinner, on the other hand, was designed as a salad. Lettuce, a sliced onion and a chopped avocado. One bite into the avocado persuaded me it was obviously not ripe and salad was not an option. The salad went into a tall jug with a pint of stock, liquidized and then brought to the boil by microwave. Relabeled "Soup du Jour" is was quite satisfying.

I believe you.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Wonder if sales of 'Spot's Cookbook' will go through the roof, not for the faint-hearted! :yh_sick
spot

Post by spot »

I'm being astoundingly virtuous.

Attached files
spot

Post by spot »

I'm told it's the height of cool to post meal photos. I may be being japed but I have one on my camera from an hour ago if anyone's anxious to see it.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Do you have a problem just saying 'thank you?'
spot

Post by spot »

This is an asynchronous medium Anne, either I post lots of little repetitive thank yous or I wait for Bryn to finally say happy birthday and then I can post an all-inclusive one. I'm only one day late.

It's kind of you and so many others to have wished me well, thank you. I'm not entirely sure why birthdays are considered auspicious, it's why I lied on joining and put January 1st instead. Celebrating yet one more step down the road to perdition seems perverse.

Lying, it has always struck me, has two reasons, and the result is either immoral or it's meant to dodge an impertinent question. If a social or trading site asks my birthday I lie without hesitation or remorse. Most of the Internet thinks my birthday is January 1st.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

January 1st? That's my birthday! (wink) Great answer spot, it's why we hold you in such affection. Not kidding, you are truly one of a kind.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

AnneBoleyn;1517791 wrote: Not kidding, you are truly one of a kind.

Thank heavens.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

spot;1517783 wrote: I'm told it's the height of cool to post meal photos. I may be being japed but I have one on my camera from an hour ago if anyone's anxious to see it.

It's not cool to say cool anymore, or has it came back again ?
spot

Post by spot »

Bruv;1517795 wrote: It's not cool to say cool anymore, or has it came back again ?

I doubt whether it can, I'd not use it if it did. I, on the other hand, continue to be hip.

Return to “Members' News”