Fail! Teens Trying to Steal Car Stopped by Stick Shift

Fact is stranger than fiction.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Never thought it as manly.

My mom taught me.

What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Round here we call automatics granny cars since it's mainly OAP's that tend to buy them. Mind you I like an automatic gearbox in a lorry.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

That's so funny, tude. My husband's attempts to teach me stick shift lead to an outrageous argument which culminated in me ripping his shirt off. I chuckle when I think of that!
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

I had to learn the hard way, automatic first, stick second. But I loved the stick more. Much more responsive...except for stopping on a hill.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

I taught all my kids how to drive manual transmission cars. I personally prefer automatics now that I'm (according to my granddaughter) old.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Of the six vehicles, I've owned only one was an automatic.

I learned on a 1952 Chevy pick-em-up, three on the tree. Parents let me drive it to school and elsewhere.

I miss that beast.

My wife who can drive a stick likes convenience and always owned an automatic.

If it comes to age I would suspect older people would tend to drive automatics simply for the convenience.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

tude dog;1517644 wrote: Of the six vehicles, I've owned only one was an automatic.

I learned on a 1952 Chevy pick-em-up, three on the tree. Parents let me drive it to school and elsewhere.

I miss that beast.

My wife who can drive a stick likes convenience and always owned an automatic.

If it comes to age I would suspect older people would tend to drive automatics simply for the convenience.

I started with automatic. My first car was a 55 Plymouth with a push button auto. I inherited Grandpa's 48 Ford Pick-up with 5 on the floor.

Then went to work hauling lumber for the Paper mills with an an old MACK five Speed Duplex.

I can drive just about anything. But for now we have a Lincoln Town Car with an Automatic. Easy cruisin'
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
gmc

Post by gmc »

LarsMac;1517645 wrote: I started with automatic. My first car was a 55 Plymouth with a push button auto. I inherited Grandpa's 48 Ford Pick-up with 5 on the floor.

Then went to work hauling lumber for the Paper mills with an an old MACK five Speed Duplex.

I can drive just about anything. But for now we have a Lincoln Town Car with an Automatic. Easy cruisin'

Had to look that one up - town car? I thought you meant something like what we call a city car, ford fiesta nissan micra, small so it's easy to park. What kind of mileages do you guys typically do. Bought my current car last march done 23,000 on it so average 20,000 to 25,000miles a year.

Return to “Bizarre News Stories”