summer is definately here

What's the weather like today?
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Whats really scary though is that we're getting major upsurges in temperture and its not an El Nino year.

30 deg celcius at midnight tonight. Thats a bit uncomfortable
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
gmc

Post by gmc »

Well after years of mild winters we've got snow. Course aas trump says global warming is all a chinese conspiracy just wish he would explain how they alter the weather.

https://www.indy100.com/article/gritter ... ny-8162161

http://scotgov.maps.arcgis.com/apps/web ... c0bd0b1aab
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

No snow here just wind. Wheelie bins, recycling boxes and bags were blown all over the street last night but at least we don't have the white stuff to grind us to a halt :wah:

I'd like it to be a bit warmer, this is a cold winter for Cornwall, we're normally a bit milder than this. But I wouldn't want your heat mags, that must be killing, my hot flushes are bad enough without that heat on top!
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Really sorry to hear this mags. Just be safe, please.
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Lunchtime and its 42 deg cel in the shade....air con..is just that...a con! 28 in the house.

Why am i unsafe clod?

Speaking of china......Beijing had blue sky in the last 24 hours...the government put a ban on burning cheap coal.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

To me 42 in the shade at lunchtime sounds like dangerous heat: dehydration, heat exhaustion etc, not to mention the fire risk. If it isn't, enjoy the sunbathing! How are the Newfies?

spot

Post by spot »

Bah. My kitchen says 6°C and my breath's condensing while I cook breakfast[1]. On the positive side, the days are definitely getting longer.

42°C anywhere in Europe merits a paragraph on the Foreign News page, it's never happened in England. I've been out in it a few times and it's my limit.

[1]: Mackerel, Pollock and Black Coffee.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

I can see Australians becoming troglodytes over the next few decades.

magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Really? Those are pretty normal temps up north.. i have to admit driving past men with "stop/slow" bats and tarring the road was pretty over the top....it has to be a health and safety issue. But later i thought, people havent downed tools because of heat since the eighties.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I was in Arizona & the temp was 49 C (or 120 F). A dry, desert heat. Maybe Patsy will weigh in on this, she lives in Arizona, I think.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Yeah, i remember 46 to 48 at some time when i was a kid. ( but id have to look it up.

I remember it being 52 under the verandah during black saturday fires. Im wondering if maybe it was during ash wednesday fires that im remembering?.....hmmm
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Hmmm...maybe i was a teen..cant seem to find what i was looking for. According to wiki though these tempertures are becoming more prevalent.

I dont have a problem with really hot days.....i have a nervous twitch with hot days + wind. And hot days with huge clouds in the sky. Apparently we all a wee bit still traumitised from black saturday.

In saying all that though, the majority of Australians live on the coast and within driving distance of a beach.
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Jesus...are you guys evolving?

gmc

Post by gmc »

When the temperature reaches double digits it's summer when it gets in to the twenties it's a heat wave.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

I could live in your cold Gmc. I couldnt live in queensland because of the humidity....and not just because its full of rednecks.

Sorry clod. What do you mean evolving?
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Turning into a new heat resistant species, I mean (not entirely seriously). I'm thinking of the Sherpas, who apparently have more capillary per cm2 of skin than the average human as a way of functioning more efficiently at high altitude. Perhaps you'll all develop big flappy elephant ears to help keep cool?

FourPart

Post by FourPart »

It puzzles me how, in the UK, people turn to the Celcius scale when it's cold ("It's minus 2 degrees today"), but when it gets hot, it switches to Farenheit ("It's baking - into the 90s"). Surely there has to be some point where there's a happy medium, where people use both equally. Personally I always think in metric anyway - except for long distance, as miles are the accepted standard - although it gets confusing having to convert Litres into Miles per Gallon, even when you only think in Litres.
nickdenver

Post by nickdenver »

I feel you. Sometime its more than 45 c here.I dont like to go outside because of this excessive heat.My skin also gets dark.

I like to stay in my room only,The temparture is okay here as i am using some portable air con.

I'm currently using BLACK + DECKER 14000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner Unit,You can find it here

You can check and compare other options from here

https://www.theairgeeks.com/portable-ai ... son-table/

This video also may help you to stay cool in hot weather.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

nickdenver;1523489 wrote: I feel you. Sometime its more than 45 c here.I dont like to go outside because of this excessive heat.My skin also gets dark.

I like to stay in my room only,The temparture is okay here as i am using some portable air con.

I'm currently using BLACK + DECKER 14000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner Unit,You can find it here

You can compare with other air con from here.

https://www.theairgeeks.com/portable-ai ... son-table/

This video also may help you to stay cool in hot weather.

Fan chair

What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

FourPart;1517385 wrote: It puzzles me how, in the UK, people turn to the Celcius scale when it's cold ("It's minus 2 degrees today"), but when it gets hot, it switches to Farenheit ("It's baking - into the 90s"). Surely there has to be some point where there's a happy medium, where people use both equally. Personally I always think in metric anyway - except for long distance, as miles are the accepted standard - although it gets confusing having to convert Litres into Miles per Gallon, even when you only think in Litres.

I prefer Miles per Gallon to Litres.

I get nearly four times as many miles from a Gallon. ;)
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

LarsMac;1523503 wrote: I prefer Miles per Gallon to Litres.

I get nearly four times as many miles from a Gallon. ;)

The true way to measure fuel consumption as opposed to fuel economy is the continental measure, litres per hundred kilometres :-)
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

I once had an old Ford Pick-up that measured fuel economy in minutes per gallon
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

now that's funny/ what's funnier though is people overseas think anything between 30 and 35 is a heat wave . It's hot for sure but it's hardly a heatwave...that's just called summer.

Return to “Weather Station”