well I'll be

A forum to discuss local issues in the UK.
gmc

well I'll be

Post by gmc »

Nigel Farage says "maybe" we should have a second referendum on EU membership

Nigel Farage says "maybe" we should have a second referendum on EU membership | Latest Brexit news and top stories - The New European

remember when he said this?

Nigel Farage's EU Referendum '52-48 Result' Comment Comes Back To Haunt Him

He said: "In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way. If the remain campaign win two-thirds to one-third that ends it."

Here's hoping.
Bryn Mawr

well I'll be

Post by Bryn Mawr »

gmc;1517158 wrote: Nigel Farage says "maybe" we should have a second referendum on EU membership | Latest Brexit news and top stories - The New European

remember when he said this?

Nigel Farage's EU Referendum '52-48 Result' Comment Comes Back To Haunt Him

Here's hoping.

Nah, he's just feeling left out and wanting a bit of publicity - either that or he's wondering who will pay him when he's no longer an MEP.
gmc

well I'll be

Post by gmc »

He's a millionaire it's notn as if he needs to work for a living
Wandrin

well I'll be

Post by Wandrin »

After all the lies he spouted before the last vote, I'm surprised he even opens his mouth these days.
FourPart

well I'll be

Post by FourPart »

I'm not sure how he expects to put the Bill into Parliament. UKIP have the same number of MPs as Britain First - Zero.
gmc

well I'll be

Post by gmc »

He couldn't even get himself elected to parliament before the referendum. Why people believe this excuse for a credible politocian completely eludes me
Clodhopper

well I'll be

Post by Clodhopper »

He's got 17 million followers. He led the leave movement, they voted for it.

The funny thing is I've yet to meet a brexiter in person who will admit to being influenced by him in any way. Or Liar Johnson, or the Mail, or in fact anyone or anything to do with the Leave campaign. Yet even led by this unsavoury bunch of liars and far right ****s they STILL voted brexit.

Brexiters are responsible for brexit and its consequences. No one else. Brexiters and them alone. Never forget who they are, don't allow them to duck out of it and blame everyone else as the pathetic ****s already have tried: They already blame the BBC, Remainers and the Governor of the Bank of England for the failure of brexit and it hasn't even happened! This is brexiters for you: a bunch of moral cowards, fascists, racists and ****ing idiots busily trashing their country and blaming everyone else for it. If this country is overcrowded then the people we should get rid of as an intolerable burden are brexiters. Send them to the US - Trump will welcome them, since he shares their far right views and retweets them. I'll take an immigrant from anywhere over a brexiter any day.
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
gmc

well I'll be

Post by gmc »

Every time I see a brexiteers on TV opposite a remainer they seem incapable of making a coherent argument and resort to just talking over their opponent and shouting them down.
Clodhopper

well I'll be

Post by Clodhopper »

I like to get my shouting in first ;)

I'll admit to the teensiest amount of venting here. Sorry. Better for my mental health than keeping it in and I've had to stop swearing at politicians on the tv since it scares one of the cats...:(
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
FourPart

well I'll be

Post by FourPart »

I'm Pro-Brexit, but I don't see it as a Party Political thing. It's an issue that affects everyone. It should be remembered that the official policy of ALL the main Parties across the House was to Remain - even to the point of the Tories illegally publishing Pro-Remain Propaganda, at the expense of the Tax Payer. Clearly they all got the feeling of the Public totally wrong. If it had been a more evenly balanced representation I've no doubt the outcome would have been far more determined than the 52% it was.

I also find the claims that Brexiteers were influenced by 'the bus' somewhat offensive. I, for one had made my mind up long before the bus even existed. Also, although the bus related to the Gross payment of £350 million, when the net figure is only £166 million, it still makes a very valid point. It is NOT as Remoaners say a promise that it would be spent on the NHS, rather than just an example of what could be done with that amount of cash if it were not being paid into the EU. The funds could equally go into Schools, Police, Fire Services, Welfare, etc.

I always found the whole campaign was a dirty one, on all sides, with all sides using unknown factors as 'facts', when the nature of the whole thing is unprecedented.

At the moment, the biggest problem facing Brexit is that it is being handled by the Tories, who have already adequately demonstrated their talents for organising piss-ups in breweries. Personally I believe that the whole thing should be managed by a Cross Party Committee because, as I said earlier, it's something that affects everyone, regardless of their Political leanings.
gmc

well I'll be

Post by gmc »

Why are you pro-brexit? I have yet to hear anyone out a coherent reasonable argument indicating we would be better off out of the eu and leaving the single market is economic suicide.

Return to “United Kingdom”