A Prayer Of Salvation For Those Who Are Willing

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Ahso!;1515750 wrote: Have a merry Xmas, fraud-o. The "X" is fitting because it crosses out the word "Christ". I just love it.

Actually, the X represents the Cross, the Sign of Christ, so Same-same.

Not that any of that stuff worries me much.

I've taken to wishing everyone "Merry Holidays"

This week, I am hanging out with some Jewish Friends, learning about Chanukah.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Mickiel;1515821 wrote: Show me any scripture that describes God as creating hell , and show me the scriptures that explains why he created hell. Explain to me why in the entire Old Testament , no scriptures are ever shown where God threatens anyone with eternal hell punishing.

Read these if you dare;

http://www.thehypertexts.com/How%20many ... e.htm20the

http://bible-truths.com/23-minutes-in-hell.html

How many times is hell mentioned in the Bible?

Plenty of scriptures in that same bible that you use, I am using as well. Belief in eternal hell punishing is revealing God as insane! Only an insane being would keep humans alive forever and continually punish them for trillions of untold billions of years! That would be a horror that totally reveals Gods grace and mercy and forgiveness as frauds and useless insane planning. It makes salvation as a joke and a stupid solution to sin.

God creating Hell and why is found in this first among many. It was meant for the devil and his angels:

Mt 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Old Testament

Da 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

Jesus mentions hell many times. He also inspired the Old Testiment and New Testiment.

The story of the rich man and Lazarus is a real illustration of hell. Not afraid of any web page you may show me.

Here are some verses referring to hell. I wrote this a while back:

There are some religions out there who teach that there is no such thing as Hell. Some teach that hell is the only the grave. Some teach that hell is a place where souls are burned up in an instant. But that is not what the bible teaches. Today, I am going to demonstrate though the word of God that hell is a literal place of torment.

Where is hell?

Isa 14:15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

2Pe 2:4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

(KJV)

Hell is down. Most bible scholars believe that it is in the center of the earth.

Mt 12:40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

(KJV)

Jesus's body remained on the earth, but His Spirit went to the heart of the earth, or center. Where is the heart of something located? In the center.

What is Hell?

1Pe 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;

Hell is a prison. It is a prison for those who have not accepted Jesus Christ as their Savior. Hell is no laughing matter. There is no party in hell.

Jude 1:7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire. {strange: Gr. other}

(KJV)

Lu 16:20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented. And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence. Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house: For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

First of all notice that this man was not happy. It says that he was tormented in this FLAME. Hell is fire. It is an eternal flame that never goes out.

Mr 9:3 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: {offend...: or, cause thee to offend} Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: {offend...: or, cause thee to offend} Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire: {offend...: or, cause thee to offend} Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

It says where their worm dieth not and the FIRE is NOT quenched. Hell is eternal torment by fire.

Hell is outer darkness. There is no light there. It is pitch black, forever.

Mt 8:11 And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven. But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Mt 22:13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Lu 13:27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.

28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.

Who goes to hell, and what is after hell?

Re 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

(KJV)

One day after everyone has been judged, hell and death will be cast into the lake of fire.

Re 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

The devil is going to be cast into the lake of fire. Notice that it is a place of torment and that torment never ends.

Re 14:11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

(KJV)

Those who reject Jesus Christ and accept the mark of the beast are going to the lake of fire.

Re 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

(KJV)

Those who reject Jesus Christ won't be found written in the book of life. They also will be cast into the lake of fire.

There is only one way out. That way is Jesus Christ.

Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Who is God willing to save from hell and the lake of fire?

Ro 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

How do we do this?

Ro 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Ro 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

The bible says that whosoever believeth on Him shall NOT be ashamed. Are you willing to accept Jesus Christ today to be your Savior? Don't be ashamed. Raise your hand right now if you want Jesus Christ to save you and someone will show you from the bible, God's word how you can know without a doubt that you will go to heaven when you die and that you won't have to go to this place called hell.

12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

God is willing to save ANYONE no matter what you have done, if you will simply call upon upon Jesus Christ to save you. Will you do that today?
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

I note that all of those quotes totally ignored Mickiel's actual challenge to cite one OLD Testament passage relating to Hell & its creation. Instead you put in a load of NEW Testament fallacies of empty fantasy threats in order to force compliance upon the ignorant masses.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

FourPart;1515867 wrote: I note that all of those quotes totally ignored Mickiel's actual challenge to cite one OLD Testament passage relating to Hell & its creation. Instead you put in a load of NEW Testament fallacies of empty fantasy threats in order to force compliance upon the ignorant masses.No, Mickey asked for "any scripture" and then refers to the OT.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

FourPart;1515867 wrote: I note that all of those quotes totally ignored Mickiel's actual challenge to cite one OLD Testament passage relating to Hell & its creation. Instead you put in a load of NEW Testament fallacies of empty fantasy threats in order to force compliance upon the ignorant masses.

You must not know that the one from the book of Daniel is from the OT that I cited regarding everlasting contempt. The idea of hell is suggested in the OT, but isn't clarified until Jesus Himself and then others talk about it in the NT.

biblestudying.net
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Ahso!;1515868 wrote: No, Mickey asked for "any scripture" and then refers to the OT.

I'll accept any scripture in the New Testament that describes who created hell and why it was created. Show me that. Because I already know its not in the bible, its just in the minds of Christians. The place created for the devil and his demons is not hell, but its misrepresented as one of the several Christian hell's.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

FourPart;1515867 wrote: I note that all of those quotes totally ignored Mickiel's actual challenge to cite one OLD Testament passage relating to Hell & its creation. Instead you put in a load of NEW Testament fallacies of empty fantasy threats in order to force compliance upon the ignorant masses.

Dig it, I noticed it as well.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Ahso!;1515868 wrote: No, Mickey asked for "any scripture" and then refers to the OT.

Old Testament:

Da 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

I posted from Daniel and others in the OT, but it's not fully revealed until Jesus Christ revealed it.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Mickiel;1515948 wrote: Dig it, I noticed it as well.

I quoted an OT passage but there are also others that infer it. True it's not fully revealed before Christ revealed it
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

3 major cities sue Pentagon for Texas church shooting

3 major cities sue Pentagon for Texas church shooting
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Are we able to post the emoticons? They don't seem to work for me.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

I didn't ignore anything.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

I responded. Why no response from you?
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Biblical Healthy Living

God’s idea: Healthy living
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Religious Jews now flocking to Temple Mount

Read more at Religious Jews now flocking to Temple Mount
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

This Prayer is based upon this Bible verse where Paul instructs us what we must do to be saved in this age of Grace:

Ro 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

11 For the Scripture says, "Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame."

12 ¶ For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him.

13 For "whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved."

Return to “General Chit Chat”