Boy racers

spot

Boy racers

Post by spot »

Quoted from: Charles Manson - Finallyspot wrote: 11-24-2017 10:03 AM

Judicial execution can't be punishment for the person being executed because once it's done he's not being punished any longer, he's dead and gone. It's claimed to have a deterrent effect on others who might in future consider a similar crime, yes? If every damnable uninsured boy racer who killed another road user were executed as a matter of course, fewer would drive furiously because of this deterrent effect.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
spot

Boy racers

Post by spot »

And the day after my post, on November 25th, we had an example.

Boy, 15, appears in court charged with causing five deaths in Leeds crash

And no, I don't think the 15 year old driver should be executed but I don't think he should be regarded as in any way a victim in what happened.

The Sun today has an article too... HORROR SMASH Who were the five killed in the stolen car crash in Leeds, where is Stonegate Road and who has pleaded guilty?

Since there's no jury involved I doubt it's possible to prejudice a trial, but neither article is anything but a deliberate character whitewash of the two older occupants of the car. I'm quite sure the Guardian and the Sun reporters have the facts at the fingertips.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
magentaflame

Boy racers

Post by magentaflame »

Thats pretty horrific.

But is the boy going to cop all the flack?

Stolen car, with a 28 and 24 year old.....there are plenty of forms of grooming.

Well at least they only killed themselves
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
FourPart

Boy racers

Post by FourPart »

I have little or no sympathy. If he was driving, the others were complicit in that fact. They were all jointly responsible.

As Magentaflame says, at least they only killed themselves. It could have been a lot worse.
magentaflame

Boy racers

Post by magentaflame »

I feel sorry for the driver amd other youngins who were led astray.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
spot

Boy racers

Post by spot »

magentaflame;1515883 wrote: I feel sorry for the driver amd other youngins who were led astray.

I'm in two minds. One the one hand I'd happily see the driver held in jail until somewhere beyond his fortieth birthday, on the other he ought to get an award from public funds for taking two career criminals[1] off the streets. Neither comment implies I feel sorry for him though.

[1]: How does one tell, I hear you ask.a) A Facebook status of "work for myself" or "self-employed" when combined with being in your early twenties and having the spelling skills of a medieval farm labourer is a good indication

b) Comments like "court today gna gt merkd on the bezle b4 i go in" and "off tag tomoz after 11 an alf month am free", perhaps

c) Starring in your own edition of BBC1's "The Wanted"? Bingo.

Bruv

Boy racers

Post by Bruv »

Sorry gents, but who amongst us hasn't done something that we immediately regret ?

I have sat in the driving seat of my big brothers car, as a non driving teen, for him to show me how easy it is to drive. All I had to do was to use that pedal to go forward, and that pedal to stop.

I managed to mount a kerb while turning left within a distance of a hundred metres, if it hadn't been a quiet Sunday in a quiet back street I might have crashed into a family out for the day.

You can see the headlines "Two tear away brothers outl vicar's family"

I have never driven since.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
spot

Boy racers

Post by spot »

And another plonker head-on demolished a taxi in Birmingham two days ago killing all three of its occupants.

The account in the Mirror is the most lurid... Drug dealer killed in Birmingham crash seen in terrifying 133mph police chase throwing heroin out of Audi window - Mirror Online

Were I to guess - and it's only a guess - I'd say the career criminal at the wheel of the Audi had no insurance and no licence to drive. Whether details like that will ever go public I've no idea but his previous driving ban had only just finished and he'd been "ordered to pass an extended test before getting his licence back", something he couldn't have done before his release from jail last month.

I don't see the benefit in a 12 month driving ban on a chap serving a three year jail sentence unless it only starts when he's released.
Bruv

Boy racers

Post by Bruv »

The Police should never chase in such circumstances.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
spot

Boy racers

Post by spot »

The Mirror headline is somewhat misleading, it conflates the crash at the weekend with a chase two years ago down the M6.

The weekend crash has a convex downward section of road to lose height to get to an underpass. At 40mph your wheels stay on the tarmac, at twice that you're airborne for a hundred feet and burying your bonnet into oncoming traffic. It's why that bit of road has a speed restriction, and why boy racers think it's exciting to speed into the dip.
FourPart

Boy racers

Post by FourPart »

I've never seen the point of penalising someone with a driving ban for the crime of driving without a licence.
gmc

Boy racers

Post by gmc »

Throw them in jail, if the passengers knew the driver had no licence I have little sympathy for them. But in the last century one of my work colleages gave some of his workmates a lift in what turned out to be a stolen car, they had no idea it was until he started running from the police with them screaming in the back seat for him to stop..

Return to “Crimes Trials”