What? Where they thinking?

Escape the rat race and slip on into Pub Nutters Inn.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

This is the opening toss for a sorely needed thread here.

Not quite, "Darwin Award" material, but worthy of note, nonetheless.

/firefighters-free-youtube-prankster-who-cemented-head-into-microwave

It took five ‘seriously unimpressed’ officers an hour to release 22-year-old who ‘could quite easily have suffocated’
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

We have all done something stupid on the spur of the moment, that can't be the excuse because a lot of planning must have gone into it.

And 22 year olds have the vote
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
spot

Post by spot »

I'm not sure why the fire brigade should turn out for something to blatantly self-inflicted. How has their intervention improved the sum of human happiness?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

spot;1515553 wrote: I'm not sure why the fire brigade should turn out for something to blatantly self-inflicted. How has their intervention improved the sum of human happiness?

Its their job. :) if you took away all the jobs of stupidness from the fire brigade you halve their workload and people would lose their jobs.....and people would have to go around wirh microwaves as heads.

Let us just keep the status quo shall we?
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Given the position I imagine the young man had assumed to do this, the temptation to inflict a few reminders of why this was a silly thing to do must have been near overwhelming. I can only commend the firefighters' restraint. ;)
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."

Return to “Pub Nutters Inn”