A forum called godlessness , and with no Atheist support.

The What and Why of Atheism.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Will wonders never cease. A godlessness forum , with no support from godless people. Whew, that's scary; let me get out of here!
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Mickiel;1512191 wrote: Will wonders never cease. A godlessness forum , with no support from godless people. Whew, that's scary; let me get out of here!

But before I go, I can't help but step on a few Atheist toes. You know, those Atheist who travel to every Theist forum on site and voice their little opinions about Theist. Here you have a forum just ripe for your lust, and what do you do?

You leave it naked.

Who can understand the mind of Atheist??

Never leave an enemy behind.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Mickiel;1512192 wrote: But before I go, I can't help but step on a few Atheist toes. You know, those Atheist who travel to every Theist forum on site and voice their little opinions about Theist. Here you have a forum just ripe for your lust, and what do you do?

You leave it naked.

This may be the right spot to hide some of my criticism's. You know, attract some new Atheist, and choke their views , and maybe they will go and get some of the old Atheist to help them escape this trap; you know, the one I will spring later. Because to understand Atheism, one has to understand " Later."
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Mickiel;1512193 wrote: This may be the right spot to hide some of my criticism's. You know, attract some new Atheist, and choke their views , and maybe they will go and get some of the old Atheist to help them escape this trap; you know, the one I will spring later. Because to understand Atheism, one has to understand " Later."

Later means recently but not tomorrow.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Mickiel;1512192 wrote: But before I go, I can't help but step on a few Atheist toes. You know, those Atheist who travel to every Theist forum on site and voice their little opinions about Theist. Here you have a forum just ripe for your lust, and what do you do?

You leave it naked.

Bloody hell!!

Lust? ....nakedness?.....another bloody bible thread!

Btw, is. "Little opinion" a metaphor for something?
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Mickiel;1512195 wrote: Later means recently but not tomorrow.

Ya reckon i could be prescribed the same medication he's on?
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

There would be no reason to have an Atheist thread, as it would just be to be to discuss something that doesn't exist. And as for your claiming to have Atheists trawling through Theist forums, it's nothing of the sort. I simply go through "New Threads" on here. Regrettably the Theist ones are the ones that are constantly popping up - and all saying exactly the same things in every single thread, regardless of the topic of the thread - they could all be merged into a single thread and noone would be any the wiser. The problem is that the multitude of these threads makes it more & more difficult to find threads that are actually of interest.

Tell me this - how many Atheists do you know of who spend their entire lives starting up threads preaching Atheism? Yes, I know there are some, but they are vastly outnumbered by the Happy Clappy Brigade who feel they have some sort of mission to thrust their personal beliefs upon everybody else. For instance - how many non-Religious threads do you participate in? Come to think of it, I don't recall ever seeing your having made any non-Religious contribution anywhere in this forum. You tried to post it as being a 'Fear' of the forum being taken over by Religion, and as I have said before, it's not a Fear - it's contempt. Religion is hypocritical. Every single Religions lays claim to be the one & only 'True' Religion, and that everybody else is wrong & are subsequently going to Hell. Then there are the different sects within the same Religions which, throughout history, have resulted in mass slaughter in the name of a supposedly Loving God. The whole concept is obnoxious, and if there is a Hell, then it will be the Religious who should end up there, for they are the ones who are truly evil.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

FourPart;1512315 wrote: There would be no reason to have an Atheist thread, as it would just be to be to discuss something that doesn't exist. And as for your claiming to have Atheists trawling through Theist forums, it's nothing of the sort. I simply go through "New Threads" on here. Regrettably the Theist ones are the ones that are constantly popping up - and all saying exactly the same things in every single thread, regardless of the topic of the thread - they could all be merged into a single thread and noone would be any the wiser. The problem is that the multitude of these threads makes it more & more difficult to find threads that are actually of interest.

Tell me this - how many Atheists do you know of who spend their entire lives starting up threads preaching Atheism? Yes, I know there are some, but they are vastly outnumbered by the Happy Clappy Brigade who feel they have some sort of mission to thrust their personal beliefs upon everybody else. For instance - how many non-Religious threads do you participate in? Come to think of it, I don't recall ever seeing your having made any non-Religious contribution anywhere in this forum. You tried to post it as being a 'Fear' of the forum being taken over by Religion, and as I have said before, it's not a Fear - it's contempt. Religion is hypocritical. Every single Religions lays claim to be the one & only 'True' Religion, and that everybody else is wrong & are subsequently going to Hell. Then there are the different sects within the same Religions which, throughout history, have resulted in mass slaughter in the name of a supposedly Loving God. The whole concept is obnoxious, and if there is a Hell, then it will be the Religious who should end up there, for they are the ones who are truly evil.

I hold no interest in the foolishness of the insane hell doctrine, but I do need to get out and around on the forum. Its just that I see little that interest me. In my view, God has taken care of all of our futures with him. Why would a God exist, and then create humanity only to not let them exist? Listen, belief in God is a loyalty to him; foolishness is loyalty to religion; but there are some serious believers who are in religions; but God knows their hearts. Its all the same to God, his mind is not separated or segregated by those who believe or not believe in him. Men are just confused about God, because we don't know him. Once there was a time when nothing was explained, now we try to explain everything.

God will have all of humanity with him, he will not loose any of his children to the foolishness of religious thought.

But listen, I don't want to make this a religious thread, lets make it an Atheist one. Now that ought to be interesting. Who can know the mind of Atheism?
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

magentaflame;1512202 wrote: Ya reckon i could be prescribed the same medication he's on?

My medication is very strong.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Mickiel;1512324 wrote: Why would a God exist, and then create humanity only to not let them exist?

Why indeed? Therein lies the solution to your question. A God does not exist. Therefore it wasn't a God that created anything. Yet life goes on regardless. I could simply say that life exists because I let it. Can you prove otherwise?

The concept of a God exists because Mankind's yearning for knowledge has always felt the need to fill in the gaps. Therefore a 'God' is invented to take the place of Factor 'X' - the unknown variable. 'God' is nothing but the invention of humna imagination.
Ted

Post by Ted »

I am a Christian but I am not a theist...Other than that I see argueing that gets know where. One person trying to belittle another. I had kids in grade 5 who knew better.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

This is not a thread about atheism.... its just another thread to debate theism.

Dont be fooled people.

An atheisr thread would be filled with meteorology, space science, geology, sociology,philosophy, and the list goes on. But nothing about any diety.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

It's more than that. It's a Religious extremist on yet another crusade to troll those who would rather he remained under his bridge.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

FourPart;1512337 wrote: It's more than that. It's a Religious extremist on yet another crusade to troll those who would rather he remained under his bridge.

I kind of like this bridge , I think I stay. As I sit under the bridge, I realize that something cannot bring itself into existence , since it must exist to bring itself into existence.

Toodles.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

magentaflame;1512335 wrote: This is not a thread about atheism.... its just another thread to debate theism.

Dont be fooled people.

An atheisr thread would be filled with meteorology, space science, geology, sociology,philosophy, and the list goes on. But nothing about any diety.

The forum is godlessness , and you don't want me to mention God?

I don't get it?

I am willing to discuss Atheism and how it is supported, but don't limit me to not mention God. How would you feel if I asked you not to mention Atheism in a discussion about Atheism?
Ted

Post by Ted »

Quantum physicists have now decided that atoms wink in and out of existence all the time. Something out of nothing!!!!! As I said above I'm a Christian but definitely not a theist.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Mickiel;1512355 wrote: The forum is godlessness , and you don't want me to mention God?

I don't get it?

I am willing to discuss Atheism and how it is supported, but don't limit me to not mention God. How would you feel if I asked you not to mention Atheism in a discussion about Atheism?

Im sorry you fear godlessness..... but like most fears its usually a misundeestanding of the fear itself.

Dont bother answering i wont be back to this thread.

You wanna have a go at people who dont see the world as you do.

Im glad i dont see the world as you do. Im glad im not like you.

But in saying that .....good luck with your mission in life i hope it brings you as an individual peace.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

An Atheist doesn't believe in a God. Why would they want to discuss something that doesn't exist?
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

magentaflame;1512367 wrote: Im sorry you fear godlessness..... but like most fears its usually a misundeestanding of the fear itself.

Dont bother answering i wont be back to this thread.

You wanna have a go at people who dont see the world as you do.

Im glad i dont see the world as you do. Im glad im not like you.

But in saying that .....good luck with your mission in life i hope it brings you as an individual peace.

I hope peace to you as well.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

FourPart;1512375 wrote: An Atheist doesn't believe in a God. Why would they want to discuss something that doesn't exist?

Why not? I think Atheism is worth discussing, I think I understand as much of it as I do Theism. So many years Fourpart, I have discussed so many things; and you know many of those discussions I thought I knew what I was talking about; only to discover years later that I had no clue what I was talking about.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Mickiel;1512379 wrote: Why not? I think Atheism is worth discussing, I think I understand as much of it as I do Theism. So many years Fourpart, I have discussed so many things; and you know many of those discussions I thought I knew what I was talking about; only to discover years later that I had no clue what I was talking about.

You have not discussed many things whatsoever. The only thing I have ever seen you discussing is your belief in a God.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Though it's bit ironic, Mickey's got it right, and he's finally posting in the most appropriate forum for his "batsht crazy" ideas. Because there are no more godless people than those who profess they know an entity which they, in fact, know they don't, since the entity does not exist. The proof of their ungodly lying is the extent to which they will stretch and alter their description of reality in order to suit their lies that they sound and appear completely ridiculous. That these cult members get so caught up in their lies that they eventually either convince themselves or allow others to convince them that they are merely telling an alternative truth is inconsequential.

Enjoying your true home, Mickey?
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Ahso!;1512392 wrote: Though it's bit ironic, Mickey's got it right, and he's finally posting in the most appropriate forum for his "batsht crazy" ideas. Because there are no more godless people than those who profess they know an entity which they, in fact, know they don't, since the entity does not exist. The proof of their ungodly lying is the extent to which they will stretch and alter their description of reality in order to suit their lies that they sound and appear completely ridiculous. That these cult members get so caught up in their lies that they eventually either convince themselves or allow others to convince them that they are merely telling an alternative truth is inconsequential.

Enjoying your true home, Mickey?

I don't know God , but I think it would be quite something to know him. I personally hope he is real.

I think Atheism is real, and I think Theism is real. I think both causes one to think thoughts that are real and thoughts that can be confusing. If I was an Atheist , I think I would be like the Theist I am; constantly going through and through what I believe and don't believe.

I would not make a good Atheist, and I don't make a good Theist;

I'd best walk alone.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Mickiel;1512405 wrote: I don't know God , but I think it would be quite something to know him. I personally hope he is real.

I think Atheism is real, and I think Theism is real. I think both causes one to think thoughts that are real and thoughts that can be confusing. If I was an Atheist , I think I would be like the Theist I am; constantly going through and through what I believe and don't believe.

I would not make a good Atheist, and I don't make a good Theist;

I'd best walk alone.More irony! Thank you for proving my point, the point you fail to understand.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

You may as well start a thread specifically for people who do not believe in Fluffy Pink Flying Elephants. You are also likely to find some people, somewhere, who devoutly believe in them, who may want to put those who do not on an equal & opposite plane as them, but they are deluding themselves - as are you.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Let me make this as simple as I can. godlessness is only the shell that God decided to introduce reality to himself in. godlessness is an incubator, and it is also our birth bed.
Ted

Post by Ted »

Part of the problem for believers is that they have anthropomorphised attempts to come to grips with reality. He/She/It is not a being with arms legs etc. The divine does not walk around throug a garden like the gardener.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Ted;1512435 wrote: Part of the problem for believers is that they have anthropomorphised attempts to come to grips with reality. He/She/It is not a being with arms legs etc. The divine does not walk around throug a garden like the gardener.
Although, according to the literal believers, he is identical, seeing as he is said to have created Man in his own image. The obvious question, to me, would be why a God would need to have gender? Why, also, would he need arms, legs, lungs, etc, if he was about before the cration of the environment that all those aer required for? But it must all be true - the Bible says so.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

FourPart;1512486 wrote: Although, according to the literal believers, he is identical, seeing as he is said to have created Man in his own image. The obvious question, to me, would be why a God would need to have gender? Why, also, would he need arms, legs, lungs, etc, if he was about before the cration of the environment that all those aer required for? But it must all be true - the Bible says so.

Greetings,

If I may offer my speculation; humans being in " The Image" of God, does not mean he has a body like ours, it means that WE can think! WE, like him, have a working , living consciousness. The Image of God means consciousness , again this is my view; its what I see. What form God has is unknown, but with such power, one would think he can assume any type of form he wishes! The bible does give clues that he does have some kind of form,' he may well have some kind of shape or outer alignment, and that would then further suggest that it holds some kind of inner power which , again, would open all kinds of speculation as to what is " Inside of his outer glory!" Whatever is there, IF there is a " There", He reached inside of himself and from there came Jesus, his " Son." Which, again, highly suggest a birth of some kind.

It may well be where we got our views of a Birth, a parent kind of system in some kind of family structure. ? The heavenly may well reflect some things human that have been passed down into humanity, and from there our evolution began. The bible suggest that some " Spiritual beings" have faces like that of a human. Some may have a mixture of unknown things to us, but have a torso , legs and arms and hands. God himself may have a mixture of human like things, but he may not?? Its no great crime if he does. He may have a face, or faces; wings or arms , or none of the above;

we just don't know?
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

So now the unerring literal translation suddenly becomes speculation on interpretation? I think that proves my case.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

FourPart;1512931 wrote: So now the unerring literal translation suddenly becomes speculation on interpretation? I think that proves my case.

I can't say I understand what it is like to be an Atheist, I was raised believing in God, but as I grow in knowledge, I" Understand More" than I used to what it is like to not believe; through my search on my own, I can see how at the root of searching, it can be similar to how it looks after 52 years of serious study that causes you to admit that God can be a simple revelation right in front of your eyes, to something as far away from you as the furthest ends of the galaxy that you can never reach.

You go from trying to convince others, to wondering what it will be like when all human consciousness reaches an equilibrium in our understandings ; then you leave people alone; then you reach a place that you answer when asked; then you just share when its your turn. And then often you just remain silent.

And hope that one day you can find yourself armed with all that you wish you yourself don't understand; and like a tree, maybe someone will come by a pick some fruit. If your fruit grows and has life.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Often I don't feel like supporting Theism, because of the way many Theist carry their belief and bring it to shame , as they step on others belief in order to elevate their own.

So When others don't support Atheism, their un beliefs or beliefs, I begin to approach what it can be like to stand on the outside and consider what is in there?
Ted

Post by Ted »

I am not a theist but a panentheist.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Ted;1513008 wrote: I am not a theist but a panentheist.

What attracts you to Panentheist??
Ted

Post by Ted »

St. Paul made the comment that God "was the one in whom we live and move and have our being",

This implies I'm in God and God is in me. In other words GFod's spirit is everywhere. If one accepts the rality of Goid tthenand Paul was correct then itd's a pretty straightforward path. In addition I've spoken to several clergy and several scholars and they agreed.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Ted;1513364 wrote: St. Paul made the comment that God "was the one in whom we live and move and have our being",

This implies I'm in God and God is in me. In other words GFod's spirit is everywhere. If one accepts the rality of Goid tthenand Paul was correct then itd's a pretty straightforward path. In addition I've spoken to several clergy and several scholars and they agreed.

Well it also means , ( simply put), we are all God's children! All from the same generate called life. Colossians 3:11- " Christ is All and IN ALL.
Ted

Post by Ted »

Mickiel I can accept that. Not sure about Colossians.. I believe without checking that Colos is not written by Paul blut pseudo-Paul.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Ted;1513421 wrote: Mickiel I can accept that. Not sure about Colossians.. I believe without checking that Colos is not written by Paul blut pseudo-Paul.

Who or what is a " Pseudo-Paul?
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Mickiel;1513551 wrote: Who or what is a " Pseudo-Paul?

Look up the word "pseudo", Mickey. I'm surprised this one tripped you being as well read as you claim to be.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Ahso!;1513561 wrote: Look up the word "pseudo", Mickey. I'm surprised this one tripped you being as well read as you claim to be.

Show me anywhere that I have claimed to be well read! I am what I am, and that is " Nothing!"

The term suggest a false prophet or a man who is plastic in his dealings with others. ?? I never heard the terms used like that before,.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Plastic Paul. Ive heard it all.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Mickiel;1513598 wrote: Plastic Paul. Ive heard it all.?? What are you talking about?

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Mickiel;1513581 wrote: I am what I am, and that is " Nothing!"What does this even mean?

Does it mean that you're not an authority on anything and we should not take your word for anything you post because you choose to denigrate yourself by saying you're nothing?

You're a person with a past and present who holds opinions based on factual instances of your existence.

I understand that you may not feel comfortable with some decisions you've made in the past and can become mired in that. It happens to most if not all of us to some degree.

One of the best pieces of advice I've read was from a now deceased wonderfully intellegent lady from another forum who said it's not worth beating yourself up over past transgressions because people just don't care to remember those instances in life. They move on and so should you. Forgive yourself and leave your mistakes behind like you probably have done for others who've offended you.

Dr. Phil probably uses some sort of catchphrase that sounds like it belongs in a country & western song and means the same thing.

Spot, OTOH, wants to keep it all memorialized here in FG, but so what - we all die, and most of us won't be remembered beyond a day or two by anyone other than those who actually love us. It's not like there's much scholarly information here to care reading about by anyone in the future. If they care that much about my life they probably need to get a life of their own anyway.

The people who matter look past our faults and mistakes and love us anyway. And if that's not the case now, then permit yourself the opportunity to reestablish yourself in their eyes so they may prove to themselves that they possess to power and will to forgive and love too.

That's what real men do and we don't need to hide behind any god, religion, spirituality or book to know how to do that. We just do it! You'll enjoy the journey!

So get going, Mickey, you've got work to do. Quit the religious BS that has you convinced you're nothing and show yourself to be something to the people who matter and care.

And be kind to (other) animals and insects too. :)

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ted

Post by Ted »

That is certainly one man's opinion.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Ahso!;1513601 wrote: What does this even mean?

Does it mean that you're not an authority on anything and we should not take your word for anything you post because you choose to denigrate yourself by saying you're nothing?

You're a person with a past and present who holds opinions based on factual instances of your existence.

I understand that you may not feel comfortable with some decisions you've made in the past and can become mired in that. It happens to most if not all of us to some degree.

One of the best pieces of advice I've read was from a now deceased wonderfully intellegent lady from another forum who said it's not worth beating yourself up over past transgressions because people just don't care to remember those instances in life. They move on and so should you. Forgive yourself and leave your mistakes behind like you probably have done for others who've offended you.

Dr. Phil probably uses some sort of catchphrase that sounds like it belongs in a country & western song and means the same thing.

Spot, OTOH, wants to keep it all memorialized here in FG, but so what - we all die, and most of us won't be remembered beyond a day or two by anyone other than those who actually love us. It's not like there's much scholarly information here to care reading about by anyone in the future. If they care that much about my life they probably need to get a life of their own anyway.

The people who matter look past our faults and mistakes and love us anyway. And if that's not the case now, then permit yourself the opportunity to reestablish yourself in their eyes so they may prove to themselves that they possess to power and will to forgive and love too.

That's what real men do and we don't need to hide behind any god, religion, spirituality or book to know how to do that. We just do it! You'll enjoy the journey!

So get going, Mickey, you've got work to do. Quit the religious BS that has you convinced you're nothing and show yourself to be something to the people who matter and care.

And be kind to (other) animals and insects too. :)

I'll be fine, thank you.

But listen, I thank you for what you have offered , it touched me a bit and I can always use an uplifting voice here and there,

Peace.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Mickiel;1513632 wrote: I'll be fine, thank you.When?

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ted

Post by Ted »

The west has become a region of ""it's all about me" when in days gone by in many places it was about the community. Being responsible for more than your self in my view is very positive. It is certainly not about being selfish. My career and my involvement in the church was about helping others:charity work, soup kitchens for the poor, counselling, my donations to worthy causes. I do not see atheists in soup kitchens on a regular basis, No mention of atheism in places like the union gospel missionn,. This is not to say some don't help out but far too many become very evangelical atheists. I do not wear a tag that says Christian I simply do what I feel is just and right and full of compassion. I do know of several rebound scientists in their field who openly claim to be Christians. I have no problem with atheists or many Christians but I do have a problem with the evangelicals both atheist and Christian who are not interested in being part of the world wide community. I've been sworn at, condemned to hell, called names etc but by so called Christians and not by atheists. I prefer to follow my path and do what I think is the right thing to do. I do not wear a star or a cross indicating my path no do I proselytize my faith. I simply try to live it as do those of faith or no faith.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Ted;1513648 wrote: The west has become a region of ""it's all about me" when in days gone by in many places it was about the community. Being responsible for more than your self in my view is very positive. It is certainly not about being selfish. My career and my involvement in the church was about helping others:charity work, soup kitchens for the poor, counselling, my donations to worthy causes. I do not see atheists in soup kitchens on a regular basis, No mention of atheism in places like the union gospel missionn,. This is not to say some don't help out but far too many become very evangelical atheists. I do not wear a tag that says Christian I simply do what I feel is just and right and full of compassion. I do know of several rebound scientists in their field who openly claim to be Christians. I have no problem with atheists or many Christians but I do have a problem with the evangelicals both atheist and Christian who are not interested in being part of the world wide community. I've been sworn at, condemned to hell, called names etc but by so called Christians and not by atheists. I prefer to follow my path and do what I think is the right thing to do. I do not wear a star or a cross indicating my path no do I proselytize my faith. I simply try to live it as do those of faith or no faith.Seriously, Ted, this is getting worn out. You write these sorts of posts whenever you run out of the other tired and worn out babble you type. Always trying to justify your silly spirituality by claiming to be a moral and kind person. It's a cycle with you. I'm sure you're a nice person, Ted. Just quit trying to reassure us of it. Have you considered therapy?

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ted

Post by Ted »

Ahso I will not dignify that by making any comment other than You really don't know and don't understand.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Ted;1513687 wrote: Ahso I will not dignify that by making any comment.No? What is it then that I'm now replying to? You waited for LM to come to your defense and he didn't so now you're resorting to this. Ted;1513687 wrote: You really don't know and understand.You're right, I don't. I've given you plenty of opportunities to explain all this ridiculousness to me, but you can't. What you do is post reading assignments and try to talk over my head, but you can't, and I'm not following you down any rabbit holes.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Return to “Godlessness”