among the FG missing

A forum for ForumGardeners to post news about themselves.
lady cop

among the FG missing

Post by lady cop »

here is a current missing in action thread...the following have not posted in a while...Hawke. Philadelphia Eagle. Suresh Gupta. can you think of others we didn't mention in the first MIA thread?
BabyRider

among the FG missing

Post by BabyRider »

While they are all missed, I really have noticed PE's absence. Hope all's well with him, and all who are MIA. Come back!! We miss you!!
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

lady cop

among the FG missing

Post by lady cop »

tmbsgrl wrote: Where's Polycarp?i just emailed him today, he always answers .
lady cop

among the FG missing

Post by lady cop »

tmbsgrl wrote: Oh I was wondering. I thought maybe he left with Koan.honey i can assure you he would NOT have left with koan...i just emailed this to him, he'll be here.
BabyRider

among the FG missing

Post by BabyRider »

tmbsgrl wrote: Oh I was wondering. I thought maybe he left with Koan.
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Sorry Susie, not laughing AT you, that just struck me as really funny. Polycarp is less likely to hang out with Koan than I am!!
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

lady cop

among the FG missing

Post by lady cop »

tmbsgrl wrote: Didn't he write a few poems for her.. They were always writing poem back and forth.. :thinking:ok i could get in trouble for this so i am sending you an email.
Peg

among the FG missing

Post by Peg »

Bill Sikes and A Karenina haven't been around. As soon as I have time, I'm sure there's way more.
daffodil52

among the FG missing

Post by daffodil52 »

maybe they just poped off on holiday or put the kettle on,

or maybe their sick.... people come and go every day.....

but as arnie say i'll be back..... ok

or we meet again don't no were don't when ......

maybe when the sun shines.....

I'm still here,,,,,, lol.......daffy52
Accountable

among the FG missing

Post by Accountable »

The only one I'm concerned about right now is Porpoise. She was evacuating to Gruene, TX and hasn't posted since. :(
Nomad

among the FG missing

Post by Nomad »

zeffer posted 4 times April 15, 2004 and hasnt been back since....does this not concern anyone ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
Peg

among the FG missing

Post by Peg »

Nomad wrote: zeffer posted 4 times April 15, 2004 and hasnt been back since....does this not concern anyone ?
Now I'm sad. I really miss zeffer. Who is zeffer?:-2
Bez

among the FG missing

Post by Bez »

ArnoldLayne wrote: The old Buzzard hasn't been around for a while :confused:

I really miss him...hope he's OK !

A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
cars

among the FG missing

Post by cars »

This post below was in response to post by ArnoldLaynes post back on 9-14-05 on missing members.

I was more concerned with "Senior Members" who seem to be missing!

I have not reciently seen our in Garden the following fellow Senior Gardners:

Suresh Gupta, Jahamaa, A Kareina, ScoupSlave, Agnas, Archergirl, babygirl,

Bill Sikes, Der Wulf, Enigma, Turbonium, Jwolf7722, Scenerio, Erinna1112,

Love mama, Florrie, Godiva Girl, Ice maiden, Illuminati, Sarasara, John8pies,

Jilka, TW2005, Spot, Jiperly, Skittles2004 (back), ladybug, Pattybug52,

Plazul, Tinseltoes, Rachelg, Stelz, Porpoise, weeder, canaan, capt buzzard.

Again I have not seen some of the Gadners for quite some time now, Hope they are all OK! (If I left anyone out, & or missed named Gardners post, sorry)
Cars :)
lady cop

among the FG missing

Post by lady cop »

babygirl offline temporarily. she'll be back. i have missed bill sikes for a long time. i am worried to death that something happened to der wulf, his health was not good and he always used to email me. i fear the worst.:-1 ...agnes went with koan elsewhere after being banned here once or twice. weeder lurks, canaan does post, sarasara took offense because i told her she plagiarized her posts without attribution, which she did, turbo did post recently, LoveMama just isn't into it, but i'm in touch with her, florrie lurks, spot went with koan. john8 lurks, we pm-ed today. stelz said goodbye, she was not happy here. porpoise posted this week.
BabyRider

among the FG missing

Post by BabyRider »

Erinna1112,

This is my sister...she's fine.

Obviously you'll have to go to LC for other info, she has the scoop on everyone!!
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

lady cop

among the FG missing

Post by lady cop »

BabyRider wrote: This is my sister...she's fine.

Obviously you'll have to go to LC for other info, she has the scoop on everyone!!hey, that's my job! :wah:
BabyRider

among the FG missing

Post by BabyRider »

lady cop wrote: hey, that's my job! :wah:
I'm just not letting you do ANY work today, am I??? :yh_rotfl
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

lady cop

among the FG missing

Post by lady cop »

and where is Scrat???
weeder

among the FG missing

Post by weeder »

Lc... Reading isnt "Lurking" I remember when you made an issue out of posters misspelling.. I have a thing with people not choosing words carefully. I would think that reading is OK, especially when it is someone who used to enthusiastically contribute. I have been gripped with fear the past few months,having received a diagnosis of Melanoma. It is comforting for me to sit here in the morning, and visit a place where I spent enjoyable time for many months last winter. I always have had to get very very hot before I could jump into cold water. Usually I just sit on the side of the pool. If I come across water that is heated...I will always jump in for a while, and have a bit of fun.
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
Accountable

among the FG missing

Post by Accountable »

weeder wrote: Lc... Reading isnt "Lurking" I remember when you made an issue out of posters misspelling.. I have a thing with people not choosing words carefully. I would think that reading is OK, especially when it is someone who used to enthusiastically contribute. I have been gripped with fear the past few months,having received a diagnosis of Melanoma. It is comforting for me to sit here in the morning, and visit a place where I spent enjoyable time for many months last winter. I always have had to get very very hot before I could jump into cold water. Usually I just sit on the side of the pool. If I come across water that is heated...I will always jump in for a while, and have a bit of fun.
Hi Weeder,

Not sure if we met before but we probably have. Also not sure the difference between reading & lurking, but not sure I really care one way or the other.

That sucks that you've been diagnosed with melanoma. I understand it's treatable, but the treatment's rough as well. Here's hoping you beat this with minimum effort. :-6
theia

among the FG missing

Post by theia »

Accountable wrote: Hi Weeder,

Not sure if we met before but we probably have. Also not sure the difference between reading & lurking, but not sure I really care one way or the other.

That sucks that you've been diagnosed with melanoma. I understand it's treatable, but the treatment's rough as well. Here's hoping you beat this with minimum effort. :-6

Chambers defines "lurk" as using the Internet only to read, and not to send messages. The problem is that "lurk" also means to "lie in wait" or to " skulk" or to "linger around furtively" which aren't very complimentary terms. Is "lurking" when used in the context of the Internet meant to be disparaging or is it merely used in its literal, modern day sense? I suppose I'm asking because I read more than I post and I'm wondering if this is considered offensive? :confused:

And I hope you beat the melanoma too, weeder.
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Accountable

among the FG missing

Post by Accountable »

theia wrote: Chambers defines "lurk" as using the Internet only to read, and not to send messages. The problem is that "lurk" also means to "lie in wait" or to " skulk" or to "linger around furtively" which aren't very complimentary terms. Is "lurking" when used in the context of the Internet meant to be disparaging or is it merely used in its literal, modern day sense? I suppose I'm asking because I read more than I post and I'm wondering if this is considered offensive? :confused:

And I hope you beat the melanoma too, weeder.
I think it's silly to be offended because one has an audience. This is a public forum, very similar to people standing in the public square announcing their opinions. Most of the townspeople listen; very few step forward. It may be because they are shy; it may be because their views have already been endorsed by another. OMG, could you imagine how much of a hemmorhoid it would be if everybody was as loudmouthed as I?? :eek:
lady cop

among the FG missing

Post by lady cop »

'lurk' is used so commonly in this context that it has lost any negative connotations. i certainly meant no offense whatsoever. and i am very sorry to hear about your diagnosis Weeder. :yh_flower
BabyRider

among the FG missing

Post by BabyRider »

weeder wrote: Lc... Reading isnt "Lurking" I remember when you made an issue out of posters misspelling.. I have a thing with people not choosing words carefully. I would think that reading is OK, especially when it is someone who used to enthusiastically contribute. I have been gripped with fear the past few months,having received a diagnosis of Melanoma. It is comforting for me to sit here in the morning, and visit a place where I spent enjoyable time for many months last winter. I always have had to get very very hot before I could jump into cold water. Usually I just sit on the side of the pool. If I come across water that is heated...I will always jump in for a while, and have a bit of fun.
Hi weeder!! Nice to see you're around still.

I don't believe LC meant "lurk" as derogatory at all, just easier and quicker to type than "weeder comes in and hangs out but doesn't say a whole lot." I use the term all the time and don't mean it to be a bad thing at all.

I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis, and if memory serves, melanoma is highly treatable. You caught it early? You'll be in my thoughts. :yh_hugs
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

theia

among the FG missing

Post by theia »

Well that's cleared up the "lurker" issue for me now. I thought it had more to do with modern usage. Maybe I should move more quickly into the 21st century :-5

Thanks Acc, LC and BR. :)
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
weeder

among the FG missing

Post by weeder »

Well Now...... What do you Know????? After the thousands of words Ive read here, over the past months... LURK or LURKING... got me to jump into the pool.

Thats a good thing.... And the water DOES feel warm.. I think I just might swim around again.

Thank You all for your kind wishes.. I really hadnt planned on blurting the Melanoma thing out. But then I was tempted a while back to ask here in the Garden if anyone had experience with it. I had decided to battle it alone. As it was not a very upbeat topic. I actually have been spending most of my time on the internet researching IT. Not a fun way to spend ones time. Thanks Again.

Former Weeder....... Definately staying out of the sun these days.

Remember to wear that sun block kids. I never did. Thought it was for sissys.
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
Accountable

among the FG missing

Post by Accountable »

weeder wrote: Well Now...... What do you Know????? After the thousands of words Ive read here, over the past months... LURK or LURKING... got me to jump into the pool.

Thats a good thing.... And the water DOES feel warm.. I think I just might swim around again.

Thank You all for your kind wishes.. I really hadnt planned on blurting the Melanoma thing out. But then I was tempted a while back to ask here in the Garden if anyone had experience with it. I had decided to battle it alone. As it was not a very upbeat topic. I actually have been spending most of my time on the internet researching IT. Not a fun way to spend ones time. Thanks Again.

Former Weeder....... Definately staying out of the sun these days.

Remember to wear that sun block kids. I never did. Thought it was for sissys.
*slap on the back of the head* Whaddaya thinkin'? We're a morbid lot here, eager to speak on the bad as well as the good! :D

Truly, though, I've never seen so much moral support when people hit hard times as I've seen here. It's truly incredible.
lady cop

among the FG missing

Post by lady cop »

Accountable wrote: The only one I'm concerned about right now is Porpoise. She was evacuating to Gruene, TX and hasn't posted since. :(she has been online here today, sunday. so i would hope that means she is safe.:)
BabyRider

among the FG missing

Post by BabyRider »

weeder wrote:

I had decided to battle it alone. As it was not a very upbeat topic.
Weeder, considering all the positive, uplifting intelligent things you always have for everyone else, I'd say we could handle a "help me with this" post from you. You're always inspiring to other people here, why not grab some of the support that's available for yourself? :yh_hugs
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

polycarp

among the FG missing

Post by polycarp »

tmbsgrl wrote: Oh I was wondering. I thought maybe he left with Koan.

Thanks Susie for asking after me. I am damn busy with work and research. To leave with Koan, ha ha ha, maybe in the next world if I happen to be born a real dumb (no hard feelings)

Hey LC thanks, I love so so much.
A formula for tact: "Be brief politely, be aggressive smilingly, be emphatic pleasantly, be positive diplomatically, be right graciously".
Accountable

among the FG missing

Post by Accountable »

polycarp wrote: Thanks Susie for asking after me. I am damn busy with work and research. To leave with Koan, ha ha ha, maybe in the next world if I happen to be born a real dumb (no hard feelings)

Hey LC thanks, I love so so much.
What kind of research? I have a high respect for researchers.
polycarp

among the FG missing

Post by polycarp »

Accountable wrote: What kind of research? I have a high respect for researchers.

Thanks Accountable for asking. I'm conducting an economic reseach on the impact of a government policy (called Agricultural Credit Guarantee Scheme) on incomes and consumption patterns of farming households in northeastern Nigeria. The data collection is damn tasking as I have to visit 200 families and collect data on their incomes and expenditure patterns. It is for my Doctoral program.
A formula for tact: "Be brief politely, be aggressive smilingly, be emphatic pleasantly, be positive diplomatically, be right graciously".
Accountable

among the FG missing

Post by Accountable »

I'm alway very wary of the unintended consequences of government stimulus programs. Glad to see somone looking at one from an objective view. Are you making any of your research public, such as on a blog or something?
polycarp

among the FG missing

Post by polycarp »

Accountable wrote: I'm alway very wary of the unintended consequences of government stimulus programs. Glad to see somone looking at one from an objective view. Are you making any of your research public, such as on a blog or something?

Thanks again Accountable and sorry for the delay in reply. Yeah when I'm true with the data analysis and presentation of my disertation, I'll publish my findings in some economic journals. Furthermore, the detailed report will be achived in my university for reference purposes.
Accountable

among the FG missing

Post by Accountable »

I look forward to seeing it.
polycarp

among the FG missing

Post by polycarp »

Accountable wrote: I look forward to seeing it.

You sure will, at the right time.
LWR VENTURES

among the FG missing

Post by LWR VENTURES »

No one noticed me missing! So sad, LOL.
nvalleyvee

among the FG missing

Post by nvalleyvee »

yeah we did LWR - you are just among the lesser knowns as most of us are. :-4
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper

Return to “Members' News”