my son had some kind of heart attack last night

Issues relating specifically to men's health.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

He's only 22, ....does anyone have any experience with this kind of situation in one so young?

I know the boy is still in shock and and unnerved at the moment. Im trying to give him encouragement and everything but worried about his impulsive decisions whilst being treated for it last night.

He says he's goung to give up school and his apprenticeship.that he hates the city and wants to come back and live "a chilled" life in the country again.

Im really worried because he's still a bit shaken by the incident and what happened at the hospital.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
spot

Post by spot »

I haven't, but I'm distressed to hear he has a problem like that. Unlike most diseases I would expect medical intervention will put matters back to normal, I do hope that's what you find.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Mag

so sorry to hear - has your son had his Thyroid checked?

Please have a Thyroid test.

I wish you & your family the best through this stressful time..

Please keep us posted.

Patsy
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

One of my nephews had a similar experience. He was 24 at the time. Apparently, he had been living on those energy drinks and sodas, instead of water. The Doc said his electrolytes were all out of sorts and he had very low potassium levels.

He has since been drinking plenty of water and minding his sugar intake and actually taken to eating real food, now and again, and is doing much better.

I hope you son gets through this and it proves to be something that simple.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
gmc

Post by gmc »

https://www.caffeineinformer.com/top-10 ... nk-dangers

What your energy drink can do to your body - CNN

Sorry to hear about your son. I don''t have familial experience but I do know a few people that have had problems such as arrhythmia and fitting that seem to be associated with energy drinks and/or disturbed sleeping patterns. Add in stress and a chaotic lifestyle some people will always be more liable than others to have problems.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

I can't help, but can only hope all goes well for him.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

wow magenta that must have been scary for you both. Hope he's improving now and they've figured out a cause that can be put right. Hopefully he's calmed down and thinking more rationally now too. Hugs to you both :-4
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

I'll know more today after his docs appointment.

Thank you for your well wishes guys.

Larsmac, Bretts' really healthy . Eats two bananas a day, so he gets his potassium. Doesnt drink any fizzy drinks, a beer every now and again (because he enjoys having a lisence) ....... he did however hand his smokes over to me. But hes hardly what id call a smoker, maybe two or three a day.

And he didnt lusteb to me and drove down to see me......ever notice how when sonething happens like this the hugs are jyst a little longer?
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
minks

Post by minks »

Aw Mag, so sorry to hear about your boy.

Darn frightening.

Follow Doctors orders, keep encouraging healthy eating, active living, reduce stress at all cost. Watch the silent killers such as salt, sugar and fats

Could be a something he has had all his life that laid dormant until now.

The human body is one great giant mystery and we are merely science experiments to our doctors.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Thanks minks. Bit scary knowing he was 'technically dead' a couple of times.

He went to his doctor and currently is wearing a heart monitor. We'll know more about it in a week, and what actually happened.

Meanwhile., i rang mum and she tells me a 'heart condition' kept her dad out of ww2........first i heard about it. So it may be genetic.
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

magentaflame;1511977 wrote: Thanks minks. Bit scary knowing he was 'technically dead' a couple of times.

He went to his doctor and currently is wearing a heart monitor. We'll know more about it in a week, and what actually happened.

Meanwhile., i rang mum and she tells me a 'heart condition' kept her dad out of ww2........first i heard about it. So it may be genetic.

That sounds significant - the family connection, I mean. Best wishes.
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
minks

Post by minks »

make sure he sticks with all his appointments and does exactly what the dr tells him. Do all the testing they want and need. Dr's work on a kind of process of elimination basis, test this, eliminate this, test that eliminate that.

I wish him well.

― Mae West
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

So....the results arent in yet. But his doctor says he'll most likely be on beta blockers for arrhythmia. (Based on the information from last friday.

As a mother may i just say......apart from the worry of what he has to live with for the rest of his life its also a WOOHOO! Moment cause he's now exempt from military conscription. .......(sigh of relief)
minks

Post by minks »

awe Mag, both good and bad.

but at least he is alive, and his condition can be controlled and it was caught in time.

― Mae West
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Well he's had a good think and he's coming back to the country and will work on farm. In the fresh air,. He's coughing up **** that is reminicent of a 1940's factory worker , turns out boiler making is not a healthy job. His mate might have a dairy job for him and the pay is exellent.. so maybe his epithany during this incident is the way to go. And maybe his return will improve his health enough to entice him back to football.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Oh dear god....comms breakdown....

When he said he was moving back to the country...i didnt realise he meant my place. Apparently he'll be bringing some things down this weekend. After a few seconds of confusion i discovered he and his dog will be living here .

I love and adore my son BUT it didnt end well last time he moved back. Well it will be a race to see which one of us has the first coronary
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

I feel for you.

I have a daughter that phoned to ask if she got into a 'situation' could she come back ?

After a stunned pause I had to say yes of course, hoping whatever 'situation' she meant would get resolved quickly.
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

I'm guessing that as a Mum you're going to be doing some serious fussing over him for a while ;) no matter what you say and after the shock he's had I'd say it was pretty natural for him to head for where he feels safest. But might it be worth very early in the process reminding him it didn't work out well last time and adults who love eachother can still drive eachother crazy when they live under the same roof? Not an easy conversation...

Glad you know what it is and it's something that is successfully managed these days.

magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

I have a bit of a saying when it comes to my boys, if they are ever in trouble they know where my front door is. And if they stuff around with me, they know where the front door is.

He's had a few things go wrong for him over the last few years. And this last incident is fast becoming a life changer. Dont get me wrong my boys are never on the wrong side of the law or anything but this one has beenaffected by incidences that the average person goes through usually over a ten year period.

No Clod, i learnt my lesson last time he was here. There will be no cooking for him or moddle coddling. Just two people living under the same roof for a little while. One of which i already know wont be paying rent.AND. Ive made it quite clear im NOT a dog sitter .
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Bruv;1512184 wrote: I feel for you.

I have a daughter that phoned to ask if she got into a 'situation' could she come back ?

After a stunned pause I had to say yes of course, hoping whatever 'situation' she meant would get resolved quickly.

Uh oh, that does sound ominous. Is she okay?
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

magentaflame;1512204 wrote: Uh oh, that does sound ominous. Is she okay?

None of her sisters or brothers like the man she is with, neither do I.

She is old enough to know what she wants though, what can you do ?
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Begin getting the spare room ready?

And this morning brett has a car accident. And guess who's not insured?

Bloody hell....why isnt he insured?
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

magentaflame;1512209 wrote: Begin getting the spare room ready?

And this morning brett has a car accident. And guess who's not insured?

Bloody hell....why isnt he insured?

Kids......don't you hate em ?
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

You got me laughing.....love /hate.....a wish to go back in time to make different decisions lol.

Its a fine line lol.

Your daughter sounds like shes planning. At least shes got a good head on her shoulders. Welfare officers always say "plan in your calmer moments, dont just escape in a bad moment,

I could always rely on my parents. Im forty eight and mum let me stay at hers so i could study. It never ends. Maybe thats a kick up my own bum. Give for free what was givn to you free.
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Give for free what was givn to you free.

That's the lesson I was taught in Australia 34 years ago - people were very kind to a young and innocent traveler. I have never forgotten and try to behave accordingly. :)

magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

So youre 23, diagnosed with a heart condition, you dont drink alcohol...you cut out smokes....

Then to stay awake you have one of those soft drink/energy drinks laiden with caffeine and sugar.

WRONG!
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Oh Mags...:-4:-5

Sorry have to laugh that's such Mum instinct. How would you have reacted when that young? (if no kids?)

magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

The silly buggers heart started going funny on him again. Luckily he took notice and threw the half can he had left away.

He did 56 hours at work this week and the boss rings him and says as of sunday "get ready" ...probs 60 to 75 hours work for him.

I suppose when the weather and grass is perfect it has to be done.......but so much for coming back to the country for an easier life........sigh,.

Return to “Men's Health”