The Eiffel Tower caper

The Holiday Forum. Post about upcoming holidays.
spot

The Eiffel Tower caper

Post by spot »

I'm not sure what I have in mind but it has come to my notice that the Eiffel Tower was built in time to commemorate the hundredth anniversary of the Revolution of 1789, and that I'm older now than the Eiffel Tower was when I was born. There are the murky beginnings of an idea embedded in this but I've not entirely grasped it yet.

This may involve photography, vertigo, a spare weekend and an embodiment of Marianne with a French flag and convincing deportment. Applicants for the role of Marianne may PM me with a link to their portfolio. Vive la France.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
minks

The Eiffel Tower caper

Post by minks »

Oh those French, always giving away odd and large structures as gifts, from towers to elephants.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
magentaflame

The Eiffel Tower caper

Post by magentaflame »

They're not at all shabby though. They know a good structure when they see one.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
LarsMac

The Eiffel Tower caper

Post by LarsMac »

You could try Base-jumping in one of those wing suits, with a Go-Pro strapped to your noggin transmitting to a wireless base receiver.

Or perhaps just record your attempt at talking them into letting you do such a stunt.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
spot

The Eiffel Tower caper

Post by spot »

Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
ericcox

The Eiffel Tower caper

Post by ericcox »

Such an interesting story of its building. I was there and this is really amazing place!
Thanks for us open betting tips on this forum

Return to “Holidays”