A New Name at the Top

A forum for ForumGardeners to post news about themselves.
Bryn Mawr

A New Name at the Top

Post by Bryn Mawr »

I note that the record for the member with the worst case of verbal diarrhoea has now passed to Spot in Chonsigirl's absence :-)

Come back Chonsi - please :wah:
Ahso!

A New Name at the Top

Post by Ahso! »

Bryn Mawr;1511559 wrote: I note that the record for the member with the worst case of verbal diarrhoea has now passed to Spot in Chonsigirl's absence :-)

Come back Chonsi - please :wah:Why should she do that? You just said her posts equated verbal diarrhea.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
gmc

A New Name at the Top

Post by gmc »

I'f have thouigh mickiel would win that accolade hands down
magentaflame

A New Name at the Top

Post by magentaflame »

Am i reading this wrong? Bit below the belt isnt it?
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
Saint_

A New Name at the Top

Post by Saint_ »

She's a teacher. She'll probably be back when school starts.
Bryn Mawr

A New Name at the Top

Post by Bryn Mawr »

OK, mia culpa, the accolade was aimed at Spot not Chonsi.
spot

A New Name at the Top

Post by spot »

I'll have you know I use no more words than are required to convey my meaning. I often trim a few out when checking what I'm about to send. Especially extraneous "that"s for some reason. And I often have to swap words like "which" and "who" when they're just plain wrong.

It's a matter of considerable distress to find I've passed 30k, I've often thought that's the burn-out post count where people drift off. Like Nomad, for example, and Chonsi herself. I might avoid it, I've a lot still to say. I had little idea of why I thought this or that was true, plausible or proper until I joined ForumGarden, and very little of what I thought true, plausible or proper before then has survived the experience. I am constantly grateful above all to anastrophe for kick-starting my education and showing me the value of politeness.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
minks

A New Name at the Top

Post by minks »

Well congrats spot. Your new status could have something to do with the fact you are a mainstay here on good old FG. And our beloved teacher has been absent for some time now.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
spot

A New Name at the Top

Post by spot »

If I remember right, mainstays have to remain tense at all times and hold everything back. I was on the Cutty Sark a couple of months ago, that had a mainstay.

I prefer to be thought of as an officer. An officer stands at the back of the group, waves a pistol around and threatens loudly to shoot those who don't instantly put their heads above the parapet and make themselves visible to the world at large. Sums me up quite well, I think.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
minks

A New Name at the Top

Post by minks »

that totally sums you up spot.

Son of a B, I thought Mainstay meant you were like a permanent fixture. hmmmmmmm
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West

Return to “Members' News”