my travels cancelled

Been on a great vacation or location recently? Share with us your travels, your tips, great places to stay, and whatever else you can think of.
travelingjack

my travels cancelled

Post by travelingjack »

well we are half way thu 2017 and money still tight so my travel plans are canceled for the time being , one day i will get there , i may rethink and see if anyway of doing it on the cheap,

maybe try looking down the private accommodation maybe some one has a room or cabin

or something maybe cheaper than going down the package holiday direction , well the old pigy bank is a long way of full so got plenty of time to organize something .

by the time i find somewhere i love ill be dead at this rate lol feel like im trapped on Alcatraz

i just hate this country wherever you go you feel like a mouse on a wheel fighting to get thu the day , difference is the mouse is prob havin fun lol , well i look forward to hopes and dreams
magentaflame

my travels cancelled

Post by magentaflame »

There are bound to be lots of books at the local library on how to "travel on the cheap" People do it all the time.

or here's an option.

How to travel around Britain on the cheap | Pommie Travels

Britain on a Budget | Travel Channel

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Travel-g ... A.Car.html

I'm going to begin traveling around my state by train very shortly. I've used farmers markets as the excuse. Then family history, then just to see stuff. You need a reason to travel. An interest. That way you can plan better outings and things to see. If my reason to travel was fishing for instance, I know where i want to go ( best fishing spots) before I even start out and can budget accordingly.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
travelingjack

my travels cancelled

Post by travelingjack »

thanks for the reply , i also just read your comment on the temp. today -7 blimey brrrr ....sadly my travels are quite far afield the Rockies , i did Canada in 1990 for 4 months and been young and a unexperienced traveler , well im still the latter . i didnt make the most of them 4 months it was unplanned and didnt have much money ' not much has changed ' while im still able and young ish lol well im not quite classed as old yet . id love to see the west id also like to see the southern Rockies down Into i think Wyoming if Im right without looking on a map. hopefully 1 day i will get there i keep trying to save money and something always gets in the way thants life i guess . But thanks have a great day TJ
minks

my travels cancelled

Post by minks »

one day your plans will come together, patience, patience.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
magentaflame

my travels cancelled

Post by magentaflame »

travelingjack;1510687 wrote: thanks for the reply , i also just read your comment on the temp. today -7 blimey brrrr ....sadly my travels are quite far afield the Rockies , i did Canada in 1990 for 4 months and been young and a unexperienced traveler , well im still the latter . i didnt make the most of them 4 months it was unplanned and didnt have much money ' not much has changed ' while im still able and young ish lol well im not quite classed as old yet . id love to see the west id also like to see the southern Rockies down Into i think Wyoming if Im right without looking on a map. hopefully 1 day i will get there i keep trying to save money and something always gets in the way thants life i guess . But thanks have a great day TJ

Ah now im with ya. I understand the "holiday package" now. Interestingly, the main expense of America is getting there. Once youre youre in though, domestically, its really cheap. Especially if youre prwpared to backpack or travel by bus.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
minks

my travels cancelled

Post by minks »

and stay in hostels.

And the exchange over here compared to the pound is super good.

Not sure what it is to the AUS dollar mind you.

Rockies dip down into Wyoming and Colorado

― Mae West
travelingjack

my travels cancelled

Post by travelingjack »

minks;1510759 wrote: and stay in hostels

ill be knocking on your door for some free nights

on the sofa lol , OMG She sez im moving quick lol .
barrykid

my travels cancelled

Post by barrykid »

You just need a lot more patience. I know everything will come to fruition and it will be worth it.
minks

my travels cancelled

Post by minks »

lol stay with me on the couch you say, lol, careful I will put you in the boy's room with a smelly 22 year old hahahahaha

― Mae West
travelingjack

my travels cancelled

Post by travelingjack »

minks;1511193 wrote: lol stay with me on the couch you say, lol, careful I will put you in the boy's room with a smelly 22 year old hahahahaha

by the time i get there he'll be 40+ and maybe not so smelly ...lol
Clodhopper

my travels cancelled

Post by Clodhopper »

Was just wondering: If you can't afford to get abroad, can you afford a holiday traveling in the UK? There's a heck of a lot to see and most people just never get round to it. Mountains, coastline, castles, shows, gigs and festivals...just for starters. Ever been to Stonehenge? Gone on a canal holiday?
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
travelingjack

my travels cancelled

Post by travelingjack »

Clodhopper;1511275 wrote: Was just wondering: If you can't afford to get abroad, can you afford a holiday traveling in the UK? There's a heck of a lot to see and most people just never get round to it. Mountains, coastline, castles, shows, gigs and festivals...just for starters. Ever been to Stonehenge? Gone on a canal holiday?

Getting back to Canada has been a dream of mine for some time I thought last year maybe I'd be able to afford it this years but life's normal things and expenses have got in the way.

I travel as much as I can but generally not far these days mainly wales , tho I have done lots of the uk and still lots to see , like you say there is so much in this country most people forget . Nope I haven't , lol it's on my todo list
Saint_

my travels cancelled

Post by Saint_ »

My summer travel plans were suddenly interrupted by a bad cooling system and the necessity to completely redo it in my wife's car...

Return to “Travel Vacation”