Surprise party

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Bruv

Surprise party

Post by Bruv »

Today is my 70th birthday, Forum Garden has already wished me well, thank you.

Anyway.......a couple of months ago my wife totally innocently dropped into conversation about a surprise party and how did I think about it ?

I asked her "Should you be telling me this ?"

So for the past couple of weeks I have had to pretend in conversation with my daughters.

I am officially going out for dinner with one of my daughters tonight at about 7-7.30 ish.

She is however as I write this preparing food and the venue......I think.

My distant, (living in Scotland) daughter is supposedly working today, she text me first thing to have a good night out, and will speak when she finishes.

It's very disconcerting going along with the illusion, but I have to or else it hurts a lot of feelings and spoils their fun.

Am expecting family and friends from all over.

I hope I can look as surprised as I should...........so.......shall be boogieing tonight with a surprised look on my face, possibly over indulge a bit.......and why not ?

You don't turn 70 .........and get surprise parties everyday.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Clodhopper

Surprise party

Post by Clodhopper »

Have fun. Sounds like you will! :)
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
cars

Surprise party

Post by cars »

A very Happy "70" Birthday Bruv, enjoy it to the fullest!

Eat, drink, and be merry, and oh yeah, act surprised! ;)
Cars :)
Betty Boop

Surprise party

Post by Betty Boop »

Happy Birthday Bruv :guitarist I'm out tonight and shall raise my glass to you :yh_party:yh_party good luck looking surprised, get practicing in the mirror :wah:
tude dog

Surprise party

Post by tude dog »

What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
Patsy Warnick

Surprise party

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Happy Birthday Bruv...:guitarist

You'll be surprised and filled with joy

Enjoy

Patsy
magentaflame

Surprise party

Post by magentaflame »

Happy birthday Bruv!!!!!! Have a lovely day!!!:-4

:-4
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
Snowfire

Surprise party

Post by Snowfire »

Happy Birthday Bruv.

I've no idea why but I thought you were much younger. You're attitude and character lend themselves to a younger man, I feel.

In any case enjoy it to the full.
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
magentaflame

Surprise party

Post by magentaflame »

Snowfire;1510276 wrote: Happy Birthday Bruv.

I've no idea why but I thought you were much younger. You're attitude and character lend themselves to a younger man, I feel.

In any case enjoy it to the full.

I was surprised too Bruv. I thought you were around fifty-ish.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
LarsMac

Surprise party

Post by LarsMac »

Well, a belated happy birthday to you. Hope there was some element of surprise involved.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
gmc

Surprise party

Post by gmc »

Happy belated birthday
spot

Surprise party

Post by spot »

I wasn't back until midnight so I'm late as well. Happy Birthday, I hope the unforeseen event pleased everyone.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bruv

Surprise party

Post by Bruv »

It all went very well indeed thank you all.

Flattered to think I come across as a mere 50 year old, I actually feel like a 30 year old until I try and do what a 30 year old can do.

As we swung off the road into the venue saw some kid lookouts run inside, it choked me up briefly.

I walked from the taxi up a small flight of stairs and into a crowded hall to be greeted by cheers, then the decision who to greet and cuddle first...........then a tour of the room hugging everyone.

As it happens I have a permanent perplexed look on my face, but I was asked and owned up to having had prior suspicions.

Totally blown away by the people that booked overnight hotels after traveling lots of miles just to surprise little old me.....trains planes and car journeys were involved.

I felt like George Bailey in the film "Its a wonderful life" my life rippling out into other people's lives........and I thought I never splashed..........ever.

It's not very British......but have never felt so loved.
Clodhopper

Surprise party

Post by Clodhopper »

Wonderful :)
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
Patsy Warnick

Surprise party

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Bruv - How wonderful - that's the joy knowing how many people you have touched in the 70 years.

Fun Time

Patsy
YZGI

Surprise party

Post by YZGI »

Thats awesome Bruv. Glad to see you had a great 70th. Hope I make it to that number.
Bruv

Surprise party

Post by Bruv »

Thank you all kids.
jennyswan

Surprise party

Post by jennyswan »

Happy Belated birthday and so glad that you had a wonderful time. I think even if we know about a surprise we are still surprised at the turnout because it is sort of difficult to envision. :-)
FourPart

Surprise party

Post by FourPart »

I was half expecting to see the next morning's post saying that it was a Surprise Birthday Party, but for someone else altogether.

I don't get in here quite so much these days, due to being at work so much, but Belated Happy Birthday anyway.
Bruv

Surprise party

Post by Bruv »

Thank you......all work and no play.....and all that.
minks

Surprise party

Post by minks »

Congrats on pulling it off.

And a happy belated Celebration Day of your Birth.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
magentaflame

Surprise party

Post by magentaflame »

Bruv;1510298 wrote: It all went very well indeed thank you all.

Flattered to think I come across as a mere 50 year old, I actually feel like a 30 year old until I try and do what a 30 year old can do.

As we swung off the road into the venue saw some kid lookouts run inside, it choked me up briefly.

I walked from the taxi up a small flight of stairs and into a crowded hall to be greeted by cheers, then the decision who to greet and cuddle first...........then a tour of the room hugging everyone.

As it happens I have a permanent perplexed look on my face, but I was asked and owned up to having had prior suspicions.

Totally blown away by the people that booked overnight hotels after traveling lots of miles just to surprise little old me.....trains planes and car journeys were involved.

I felt like George Bailey in the film "Its a wonderful life" my life rippling out into other people's lives........and I thought I never splashed..........ever.

It's not very British......but have never felt so loved.

Beautiful Bruv.......just beautiful!

and ya gotta love the "kid lookouts"

Return to “General Chit Chat”