Should I feel disrespected

Leftinthedust

Post by Leftinthedust »

My fiance is a hanger-on for a local MC. He wants to prospect and eventually become a full member. He has told me they have to know everything about his life. I promised him I would stand by him.

However...

He has not told them he is getting a divorce. He has not told them he is engaged to me.

Last week he took the woman he's divorcing to an MC function and left me at home completely devastated.

Should I feel disrespected that the woman he's divorcing took priority over me, the woman he's marrying. Should I be angry he's keeping this information from them?
I support Green and White--183
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Well, first clue:

Until he is actually divorced, he is NOT marrying you.

Second clue:

You're planning to marry a man who cheats on his wife?
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
spot

Post by spot »

Leftinthedust;1509891 wrote: My fiance is a hanger-on for a local MC. He wants to prospect and eventually become a full member.

An MC is a Mining Company?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

No disrespect there - it's a direct consequence of the lies he's telling.

If you want to accept a man who practices deceit with all he deals with and want to join a community where women are effectively considered property then you must expect such treatment.
spot

Post by spot »

I've failed to understand where the prospecting comes in.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

spot;1509896 wrote: An MC is a Mining Company?

MC = Motorcycle Club

Prospect = prospective member.
- DH Lawrence
spot

Post by spot »

Leftinthedust;1509891 wrote: He has told me they have to know everything about his life.

That's not what clubs do, that's what cults do.

Cult: a group that tends to manipulate, exploit and control its members.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

spot;1509909 wrote: That's not what clubs do, that's what cults do.

Cult: a group that tends to manipulate, exploit and control its members.

That defines the patch clubs perfectly
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

I thought MC was a DJ or master of ceremony someone that plays discs at night clubs................but whatever.

I don't think Leftinthedust is that worried, otherwise they would respond to all the helpful suggestions.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

It's hard to believe that a motorcycle "club" cares if someone is divorced or not. So yeah, definitely disrespected.
Leftinthedust

Post by Leftinthedust »

Thank you to the one person who actually answered my question, whether they agree or not.
spot

Post by spot »

Leftinthedust;1509931 wrote: Thank you to the one person who actually answered my question, whether they agree or not.

I could perhaps have been more helpful if you hadn't written in a jargon I'd never met before. Snooz has evidently been there and done that.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain...
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Leftinthedust;1509931 wrote: Thank you to the one person who actually answered my question, whether they agree or not.

Seemed to me that you had already answered your own question in the first post.

The trick is figuring out how to let the club (and maybe his wife) find out how he is trying to play them, without getting yourself hurt in the process.

It could be fun.
- DH Lawrence
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Leftinthedust;1509891 wrote: My fiance is a hanger-on for a local MC. He wants to prospect and eventually become a full member. He has told me they have to know everything about his life. I promised him I would stand by him.

However...

He has not told them he is getting a divorce. He has not told them he is engaged to me.

Last week he took the woman he's divorcing to an MC function and left me at home completely devastated.

Should I feel disrespected that the woman he's divorcing took priority over me, the woman he's marrying. Should I be angry he's keeping this information from them?Hi, Dusty! Welcome to FG!

I got one:

A person walks into a hospital to visit a patient. The nurse informs the visitor that only close friends and relatives may visit that particular patient. The visitor responds saying; 'brothers and sisters I have none, but that man's father is my father's son'.

What is the relationship?
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
minks

Post by minks »

my gut instincts scream "walk away", this is not a good beginning to a relationship. Cult, club, gang or whatever.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Yes you should feel disrespected. I've no idea what you can or should do about it since I know almost nothing about your situation. What I do know from what you've said is this bloke is lying to everyone about important stuff so he's not a person I'd want to be involved with unless I wanted a knife in the back.
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

LarsMac;1509908 wrote: MC = Motorcycle Club

Prospect = prospective member.

OH well that makes sense now He wants to prospect and eventually become a full member. I wondered which Bikie Club had a prospectus.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Why anyone should get intimate with Mito-Chondria is beyond me.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

well, there are "cells" and there are "cells".
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Are the three threads about the same issue ?

Dust

My fiance is lying to him motorcycle club

Just asking.
spot

Post by spot »

I was hoping they were a succession of fiancés. I could definitely sketch up a film treatment if there were several.

The author of the thread would be in Britney's position - There can not nobody get down like us, we do not stop until we get sufficient. Turn up the volume until the speakers pop, break it down, let us show these people what we get up to - were she not wallowing in her downtrod situation while the amoral chap she's invented walks all over her.

I think the thread's author is regaling us with fiction, is in all probability male and is way over whatever hill he started on, God knows we've had enough of those in the past. With enough staying power he could write the next international blockbuster. Fifty Shades Of Gearbox Oil, perhaps.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

And it is possibly in the persons second language ?

Could these threads be part of a project ?
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

I think she's actually genuinely delusional.
- DH Lawrence
spot

Post by spot »

Bruv;1510538 wrote: And it is possibly in the persons second language ?

No no, that's Britney you're thinking of. Or her song-writing team anyway. Else we don't got sufficient.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

spot;1510540 wrote: No no, that's Britney you're thinking of. Or her song-writing team anyway. Else we don't got sufficient.

How did Miss Spears get into this ?

Is it possibly a menage a trois.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Didn't we have one of these before - always going on about people at his church not wanting anything to do with him (not surprisingly). I think he got banned. Looks like the same one under another name to me.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Can't ban the most prolific poster for heavens sake.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Bruv;1510551 wrote: Can't ban the most prolific poster for heavens sake.

5 posts counts as prolific?
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

FourPart;1510545 wrote: Didn't we have one of these before - always going on about people at his church not wanting anything to do with him (not surprisingly). I think he got banned. Looks like the same one under another name to me.

That one was a spammer of note. He was posting in forums across the net with his drivel.

This one seems quite limited to our little neck of the woods. And appears to really be in Texas.
- DH Lawrence
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Bloody Texans !!!
Leftinthedust

Post by Leftinthedust »

All i wanted was genuine advice from true MC members regardless of which MC they are a part of. But I guess that's not going to happen. I came to the forum to be part of a community, not to be made fun of or cut down. I guess i was wrong about that too.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Well, not many clubbers around this forum.

However, from what I can see, your questions aren't really specific to motorcycle clubs.

You asked about the guy lying, and what you should do about it. You got several responses that you appear to have chosen to ignore.

So, do what you want.

There are several motorcycle oriented forums out there, perhaps you should go try them out.
- DH Lawrence
spot

Post by spot »

Leftinthedust;1510560 wrote: All i wanted was genuine advice from true MC members regardless of which MC they are a part of. Bloody fatuous place to come and ask then, isn't it. Do you see any MC members, true or otherwise? Neither do I.

We had two. One got a life sentence after shooting someone dead during, if I remember right, a failed bulk drug transaction. The other broke and went into a coma after a drunk car driver turned across her lane. Neither has posted here for ten years.

They were both American, oddly enough.

I think my bristling at your threads is that they are refinements of the same issue, they are single track, they are obsessive and the hint of monomania is there in your username. We had a chap who was like that about wearing silk underwear on inappropriate occasions. We have had uncountable blokes who just want to be addressed as women and one woman who pretended to be a look-how-big-my-gun-is police officer. It's difficult to get to know people in such circumstances

I came to the forum to be part of a community

Simple. Join in. Take at least a year chatting without any mention of bikers or catastrophic self-abusive relationships. By all means explain Texas.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

I attained my goal of getting myself fully qualified with an unrestricted motorbike licence, and have a Kawasaki ER6n, 650cc, which I bought from the riding school I did my training with. Now that I've moved on to a better job, however, the bike is no longer the best option for commuting, as it means all that bother with changing in & out of the riding gear at the beginning / end of each journey - to say nothing about the weather. The journey by bike takes about 30 mins. By car, about 45 mins. However, each change takes up another 30 mins - leathers, armoured coat, gloves, boots, helmet, etc. - then taking it all off again at the other end. It became more practical to get me a car. Furthermore, now that I have me a Hybrid, it's also a lot cheaper to run. Average MPG is 55mpg, as opposed to the bike's 45mpg, plus the car is Tax Exempt.

'Kermit' is currently up for sale.

Return to “Request A New Forum Here”