Melania's head

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Bruv

Melania's head

Post by Bruv »

It was strange to see Melania Trump in Saudi Arabia tossing her lovely hair with careless abandon.

When she met the Pope her hair was shrouded in a black lace contraption.

Did she get her wardrobe mixed up, or was it a subtle two fingered salute to the Saudis ?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Wandrin

Melania's head

Post by Wandrin »

Maybe she cared about meeting the Pope.
Bruv

Melania's head

Post by Bruv »

Wandrin;1509514 wrote: Maybe she cared about meeting the Pope.

Because the Pope dislikes her husband as much as she appears to ?
Ahso!

Melania's head

Post by Ahso! »

Do the Trumps claim to be catholic?
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Wandrin

Melania's head

Post by Wandrin »

Ahso!;1509518 wrote: Do the Trumps claim to be catholic?

No, but they claim to be Christian. Perhaps the difference between the two events was designed to satisfy the voting base. Showing respect for the Pope would appeal to them and and not showing respect for the practices/customs of a Muslim country would also appeal to the voter base.

I really don't have a clue.
Ahso!

Melania's head

Post by Ahso! »

Wandrin;1509520 wrote: No, but they claim to be Christian. Perhaps the difference between the two events was designed to satisfy the voting base. Showing respect for the Pope would appeal to them and and not showing respect for the practices/customs of a Muslim country would also appeal to the voter base.

I really don't have a clue.I was thinking the same thing. I found a quote from Trump claiming to be presbyterian. He married Melania in a presbyterian church.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Bruv

Melania's head

Post by Bruv »

It was definitely for home consumption.

If I liked them though, they would have gone down in my estimation, disrespecting their host.

But I can see Trumps supporters not thinking long the same lines as me.
Patsy Warnick

Melania's head

Post by Patsy Warnick »

I thought Melania was at a funeral - couldn't she wear white?

Have you noticed while the trump's are walking side by side - Pres. reaches for Melania's hand & she swipes it away. She swipe the hands while leaving the plane - Not sure if things are working out between them.

interesting how the news point out the smallest things now...

Patsy
compopete

Melania's head

Post by compopete »

Nice to see the Saudis gather together a cool $100 million for Melania's foundation. She must have done something right!

Saudis And The UAE Will Donate $100 Million To A Fund Inspired By Ivanka Trump : The Two-Way : NPR
magentaflame

Melania's head

Post by magentaflame »

Our foriegn minister (Julia Bishop) wore a hat when she visited the Islamic states. She said outright she wouldnt wear a veil.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
magentaflame

Melania's head

Post by magentaflame »

Patsy Warnick;1509528 wrote: I thought Melania was at a funeral - couldn't she wear white?

Have you noticed while the trump's are walking side by side - Pres. reaches for Melania's hand & she swipes it away. She swipe the hands while leaving the plane - Not sure if things are working out between them.

interesting how the news point out the smallest things now...

Patsy

Well, professional gold diggers dont expect to be Americas' first lady....... thats a job and requires work. Lol.

Would be nice if she smiled every now and again, instead of that false fixed beauty contest cheesy grin.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
Clodhopper

Melania's head

Post by Clodhopper »

Well, professional gold diggers dont expect to be Americas' first lady

(Mental picture of ocker Aussie in stained vest and strides, odd bits of hair poking out at random, cork hat and all working away in the Kimberley ranges saying to himself, "If I strike it rich I can be First Lady and wear a trouser suit!")
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
tude dog

Melania's head

Post by tude dog »

Wonderful observations about the First Lady of the United State.

Does anybody believe any FLOTHEUS while accompanying her husband on an official trip such as this wakes up in the morning and decides what she will wear that day?

I wonder if anybody here spoke of Michelle Obama like this would get away without being called rude but racist? And more.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
Bruv

Melania's head

Post by Bruv »

tude dog;1509589 wrote: Wonderful observations about the First Lady of the United State.

Does anybody believe any FLOTHEUS while accompanying her husband on an official trip such as this wakes up in the morning and decides what she will wear that day?

I wonder if anybody here spoke of Michelle Obama like this would get away without being called rude but racist? And more.

No she packs everything in readiness before she leaves the USA.

Believe Obama were only accused of being non American, Melania was born in a communist state,

Funny that......................don't you think ?

Considering whats happened since.
tude dog

Melania's head

Post by tude dog »

Bruv;1509592 wrote: No she packs everything in readiness before she leaves the USA.

I should have been more clear in that this whole trip is scripted and I really doubt what Melania' wears is all up to her.

Bruv;1509592 wrote: Believe Obama were only accused of being non American,

Malinia said that?

Bruv;1509592 wrote: Melania was born in a communist state,

So?

Bruv;1509592 wrote: Funny that......................don't you think ?

Explain it to me.

Bruv;1509592 wrote: Considering whats happened since.

You lost me.
Bruv

Melania's head

Post by Bruv »

It's easy to lose you Dawg.................you lose me often to.

Its a language difference.
magentaflame

Melania's head

Post by magentaflame »

Bruv;1509592 wrote: No she packs everything in readiness before she leaves the USA.

Believe Obama were only accused of being non American, Melania was born in a communist state,

Funny that......................don't you think ?

Now thats irony. Lol.

Dawg, its funny cause its true. Its satire of politics. Everyone is being accused of leaking info to the russians. And heres little Melania sitting quietly in the background....... see? Get it?.
magentaflame

Melania's head

Post by magentaflame »

tude dog;1509589 wrote: Wonderful observations about the First Lady of the United State.

I thought some of the outfits Michelle wore were simply awful. But at least she did her job. Maybe melania is so quiet because they are afraid she'd give a beauty pageant speech......" my little doggy wears ribbons in her hair ....oh an yeah i want world peace.

His first wife would have done a better job. But thats what you get when you go for female puppets with no substance or voice
magentaflame

Melania's head

Post by magentaflame »

Clodhopper;1509585 wrote: (Mental picture of ocker Aussie in stained vest and strides, odd bits of hair poking out at random, cork hat and all working away in the Kimberley ranges saying to himself, "If I strike it rich I can be First Lady and wear a trouser suit!")

Ooooohhhhhh...... you tease Clod. I can only dream of sporting a nylon polyester pant suit, with a wide gold belt..

It was my ambition as a child in the seventies to wear one, with a big floppy wide brimmed hat.
tude dog

Melania's head

Post by tude dog »

Bruv;1509595 wrote: It's easy to lose you Dawg.................you lose me often to.

Its a language difference.

Naw

I am not a mind reader. Maybe explain what that means?
tude dog

Melania's head

Post by tude dog »

magentaflame;1509602 wrote: Now thats irony. Lol.

Dawg, its funny cause its true. Its satire of politics. Everyone is being accused of leaking info to the russians. And heres little Melania sitting quietly in the background....... see? Get it?.

Enlighten me.

Exactly what do you expect her to do?
magentaflame

Melania's head

Post by magentaflame »

tude dog;1509607 wrote: Enlighten me.

Exactly what do you expect her to do?

The joke is.......shes the undercover easyern block spy..... omfg!....... sigh.

Nevermind Dawg........sigh.....
tude dog

Melania's head

Post by tude dog »

magentaflame;1509604 wrote: I thought some of the outfits Michelle wore were simply awful. But at least she did her job. Maybe melania is so quiet because they are afraid she'd give a beauty pageant speech......" my little doggy wears ribbons in her hair ....oh an yeah i want world peace.

His first wife would have done a better job. But thats what you get when you go for female puppets with no substance or voice

Other being the wife of the president, she has no role.

From what I understand she was not all that thrilled about Donald running for president. She did not marry the president, her husband became president.

You are putting her in a no win situation. She is doing the right thing, keeping quiet. Imagine the thunder of criticism of anything she said.
tude dog

Melania's head

Post by tude dog »

magentaflame;1509609 wrote: The joke is.......shes the undercover easyern block spy..... omfg!....... sigh.

Nevermind Dawg........sigh.....

I don't get it. Where is the humor in that?
tude dog

Melania's head

Post by tude dog »

tude dog;1509612 wrote: I don't get it. Where is the humor in that?

Oh, BTW, she is an American.
magentaflame

Melania's head

Post by magentaflame »

Havent you guys rescinded? Your laws yet? We have. If you immigrate here and become a citizen then commit a major crime your citizenship is revoked and youre deported. They are trying very hard to make it applicable to minors as well. I hope they do to.
tude dog

Melania's head

Post by tude dog »

magentaflame;1509615 wrote: Havent you guys rescinded? Your laws yet? We have. If you immigrate here and become a citizen then commit a major crime your citizenship is revoked and youre deported. They are trying very hard to make it applicable to minors as well. I hope they do to.

What crime(s) did Melania commit?
LarsMac

Melania's head

Post by LarsMac »

Apparently, the Saudis have no requirement for foreign Dignitaries and spouses who are women to wear a head covering. That requirement is only applied to residents.

The Vatican dress code does not state a requirement for head covering, either.

I don't really think it's a big deal except for The Donald joining in the criticism of Michelle Obama not covering her head when visiting the Saudis.

One of the goose and gander things, I guess.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Bruv

Melania's head

Post by Bruv »

You are hard work Dawg.

First........If I visit your home I would abide by your customs, when in Saudi I would encourage my wife to cover her head as a mark of respect to my host.

Secondly........Melania was born in a communist country, part of the former so called communist bloc, her husband is now the President of the USA with claims that he has links to Russia.......Russia was the head of the former communist bloc.

Thirdly and most importantly..........loosen up dude.
HarryH

Melania's head

Post by HarryH »

No oddities. You can easily find pictures of First Ladies wearing head coverings to meet the Pope, dating back to Rosalynn Carter. Similarly, you can find pictures of First Ladies NOT wearing head coverings to meet the Saudi King... dating back Rosalynn Carter.

The issue seems to be Trump's tweets/comments about Michelle Obama which demonstrated a lack of knowledge about the previous 5 First Ladies. But the Press also ignored the previous 5 First Ladies, when proclaiming Michelle Obama set a magnificient example to women worldwide... by not wearing head covering when meeting the Saudi King.
Patsy Warnick

Melania's head

Post by Patsy Warnick »

It's a custom for the head cover - did the cover have to be black?

My news showed Melania head to toe in black & I thought of Jackie Kennedy.

Is there a color choice? I just didn't like the all black - but I do understand & appreciate the mark of respect with customs.

Patsy
tude dog

Melania's head

Post by tude dog »

Bruv;1509627 wrote: You are hard work Dawg.

First........If I visit your home I would abide by your customs, when in Saudi I would encourage my wife to cover her head as a mark of respect to my host.

As Lars pointed out the Saudis had no requirement for her to wear a head covering. That is their custom.

Bruv;1509627 wrote: Secondly........Melania was born in a communist country, part of the former so called communist bloc, her husband is now the President of the USA with claims that he has links to Russia.......Russia was the head of the former communist bloc.

CLAIMS?

Bruv;1509627 wrote: Thirdly and most importantly..........loosen up dude.

I would say that of you and all those taking cheap shots at the First Lady.
LarsMac

Melania's head

Post by LarsMac »

Patsy Warnick;1509647 wrote: It's a custom for the head cover - did the cover have to be black?

My news showed Melania head to toe in black & I thought of Jackie Kennedy.

Is there a color choice? I just didn't like the all black - but I do understand & appreciate the mark of respect with customs.

Patsy

About the only requirements for the Vatican seem to be modesty. No bare shoulders, or short skirts, for women.

I was curious about the Black attire, myself.

While I don't like Mr T, I think all these people being wildly indignant over every aspect of his family's activities pushes the limits of sensibility.

However, that damned handshake of his has GOT to go.
- DH Lawrence
Bruv

Melania's head

Post by Bruv »

tude dog;1509677 wrote: I would say that of you and all those taking cheap shots at the First Lady.

Might have to look for your comments concerning the previous incumbent.............you know.................the Kenyan.

And thirdly..........................loosen up.
LarsMac

Melania's head

Post by LarsMac »

tude dog;1509677 wrote: As Lars pointed out the Saudis had no requirement for her to wear a head covering. That is their custom.

CLAIMS?

I would say that of you and all those taking cheap shots at the First Lady.

Bruv;1509688 wrote: Might have to look for your comments concerning the previous incumbent.............you know.................the Kenyan.

Well, I remember some of his crap about the Pres, but not sure about him picking on the First Lady, much.
- DH Lawrence
tude dog

Melania's head

Post by tude dog »

Bruv;1509688 wrote: Might have to look for your comments concerning the previous incumbent.............you know.................the Kenyan.

Yea, I been rude towards the guy.

I don't remember mentioning Michelle. If I had it must have been when she opened her mouth or promoting a costly failed school program.

Never anything about her personally.
flopstock

Melania's head

Post by flopstock »

I think Melania did a great job regardless of who she's married to.

She made sure to follow protocol on her stops and did nothing to embarrass us
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

LarsMac

Melania's head

Post by LarsMac »

flopstock;1509693 wrote: I think Melania did a great job regardless of who she's married to.

She made sure to follow protocol on her stops and did nothing to embarrass us

More than can be said for her hubby.
- DH Lawrence
Bruv

Melania's head

Post by Bruv »

I don't believe I have been rude or disrespected Melania by commenting on her choice of attire.

While I am here.........................why does the American President have his wife with him on official business ?

It looks like you install a royal family for the Presidents term in office.
tude dog

Melania's head

Post by tude dog »

Bruv;1509697 wrote: I don't believe I have been rude or disrespected Melania by commenting on her choice of attire.

While I am here.........................why does the American President have his wife with him on official business ?

It looks like you install a royal family for the Presidents term in office.

Why not?

This photo of the first spouses at NATO summit is making waves

[img]https://s18.postimg.org/tgtkutz89/nato- ... se-759.jpg" alt="" />image hosting above 5 mb[/IMG]
LarsMac

Melania's head

Post by LarsMac »

tude dog;1509710 wrote: Why not?

This photo of the first spouses at NATO summit is making waves

[img]https://s18.postimg.org/tgtkutz89/nato- ... se-759.jpg" alt="" />image hosting above 5 mb[/IMG]

Well, I'm sure SOMEBODY will find a reason to be offended over that.

Interesting to note that they do not seem at all at ease with each other.
- DH Lawrence
Bruv

Melania's head

Post by Bruv »

The ripples of that wave haven't got as far as our shores yet.................as far as I'm aware.
LarsMac

Melania's head

Post by LarsMac »

I generally ignore any online "News" posting that includes verbiage like "the photo of...is making waves" or "the internet is up in arms over this...", "People are astounded by..." etc, etc.
- DH Lawrence
magentaflame

Melania's head

Post by magentaflame »

I know about the black attire now. She's from eastern Europe, its custom there in the orthodox churches. (Straight from the horses mouth so to speak)
magentaflame

Melania's head

Post by magentaflame »

LarsMac;1509713 wrote: I generally ignore any online "News" posting that includes verbiage like "the photo of...is making waves" or "the internet is up in arms over this...", "People are astounded by..." etc, etc.

Me too. I dont know about where you are....but theres a new term going around here. "Outrage book". And "Twitter terror". Lol
flopstock

Melania's head

Post by flopstock »

LarsMac;1509711 wrote: Well, I'm sure SOMEBODY will find a reason to be offended over that.

They are trying to remember how many languages they cannot insult her husband in :)
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

magentaflame

Melania's head

Post by magentaflame »

LarsMac;1509711 wrote: Well, I'm sure SOMEBODY will find a reason to be offended over that.

I'm thinking that's not the "official" photo ....... I reckon that's the "lighting/ring the office/warm up pick" No photographer in their right mind would own up to a photo like that at an official function.
Mark Aspam

Melania's head

Post by Mark Aspam »

What would the Red Queen say?
tude dog

Melania's head

Post by tude dog »

Seems the Pres and the 1st have something in common, lack of respect for taxpayers.

Melania Trump’s Military Flights Before Her Move to Washington Cost More Than $675,000

First lady Melania Trump took 21 flights in a three-month period on Air Force jets at a cost of more than $675,000 before she moved to the White House in June 2017, military records show.

Air Force jets flew Mrs. Trump to and from New York City, Florida and Washington under an arrangement unlike any modern first lady because she was living in New York after President Donald Trump’s inauguration to allow their son Barron to finish the fifth grade.

For his part the Pres

Palm Beach Is Sick of Paying for Donald Trump's Weekend Visits to Mar-a-Lago

President Donald Trump will return to his lavish Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, Fla., yet again this weekend. It will be his fifth visit to the resort during the short period he’s taken over at the White House.

Trump’s past trips to Palm Beach have been nothing short of eventful, with a national security crisis occurring in front of high-paying Mar-a-Lago members during dinner, frequent golf outings at his private golf club, and surprise appearances at charity events hosted by Mar-a-Lago.
tude dog

Melania's head

Post by tude dog »

Return to “General Chit Chat”