Air Bnb for refugees'

Betty Boop

Air Bnb for refugees'

Post by Betty Boop »

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/ ... ?CMP=fb_gu

What a wonderful article, how rewarding would that be to be able to help a refugee, if I had a spare room I'd consider it.

Would you?
minks

Air Bnb for refugees'

Post by minks »

I would.

It is exactly what this beat up old world needs.

More Compassion, less prejudice!!
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
FourPart

Air Bnb for refugees'

Post by FourPart »

I would rather house one of our own homeless. I find it to be a National disgrace that people are being brought into the country, with homes waiting for them (and I deal with it every day, with Councils making sure for having utilities up & running in readiness for when they get their visas), whilst there are British men, women & children sleeping on the streets. Charity really should begin at home.
Betty Boop

Air Bnb for refugees'

Post by Betty Boop »

FourPart;1509037 wrote: I would rather house one of our own homeless. I find it to be a National disgrace that people are being brought into the country, with homes waiting for them (and I deal with it every day, with Councils making sure for having utilities up & running in readiness for when they get their visas), whilst there are British men, women & children sleeping on the streets. Charity really should begin at home.

Charity should be extended to one and all no matter what their nationality is.
magentaflame

Air Bnb for refugees'

Post by magentaflame »

FourPart;1509037 wrote: I would rather house one of our own homeless. I find it to be a National disgrace that people are being brought into the country, with homes waiting for them (and I deal with it every day, with Councils making sure for having utilities up & running in readiness for when they get their visas), whilst there are British men, women & children sleeping on the streets. Charity really should begin at home.

Totally agree with that. Ive offered to house returned serviceman but was told it was the wives and kids that needed housing. And that the returned serviceman were mostly on drugs etc and had to be closer to cities because of the services they need. Well i cant have kids on this property because its apparently not suitable because its rural fencing, you need pets and livestock constantly restrained etc.etc etc.,.....theyve made it so deliberately hard to help anyone in this country. I have no hope of fostering kids because of this situation.

So....... then i thought about refugees....landlord found out and i was told through an aquantance that i should stop looking into it.

So...............im stuck with sending " money" to an organization to help kids with books and uniforms for school.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!

Return to “Societal Issues News”