The Orchard

magentaflame

The Orchard

Post by magentaflame »

Well ive actually made full use of the orchard this year. Theres only so many appl sauces pies chutneys etc you can make in one season. And im over bottling pears and peaches.

So....TAH DAH!

<--------------.. ive gone all out River Cottage and made my own alcohol. Im not quite sure if its hard apple cider or beer. But it tastes really good and its so light. Not sure about the alcohol content (ill buy one of those thingys and measure during the week.

And lets not mention the war shall we....... im still cleaning the first batch off the verandah. DOH!
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
Bryn Mawr

The Orchard

Post by Bryn Mawr »

magentaflame;1508961 wrote: Well ive actually made full use of the orchard this year. Theres only so many appl sauces pies chutneys etc you can make in one season. And im over bottling pears and peaches.

So....TAH DAH!

With a full orchard to pick from you must have a full years supply - that make the first batch a complete redecoration not just a splash
magentaflame

The Orchard

Post by magentaflame »

There's been four experimental batches.....playing around with sugar and yeast measurements....couldnt find an easy recipe. So the shaken champagne look donned the verandah, after too much yeast.

The end product of the good stuff is to die for. Its extemely light on the pallet. Doesnt even feel likeits in your mouth but the carbonationit light as well.......thinking of one more filter.

My surprise though is the colour, a pretty peach/pink.light cloudiness but i dont mind that. Im afraid the avatar pic doesnt portray the colour very well.

It pours like a stout/champagne kind of fomethat settles within about 30/40secondsbut keeps a 1centremetre head.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
Bryn Mawr

The Orchard

Post by Bryn Mawr »

magentaflame;1508988 wrote: There's been four experimental batches.....playing around with sugar and yeast measurements....couldnt find an easy recipe. So the shaken champagne look donned the verandah, after too much yeast.

The end product of the good stuff is to die for. Its extemely light on the pallet. Doesnt even feel likeits in your mouth but the carbonationit light as well.......thinking of one more filter.

My surprise though is the colour, a pretty peach/pink.light cloudiness but i dont mind that. Im afraid the avatar pic doesnt portray the colour very well.

It pours like a stout/champagne kind of fomethat settles within about 30/40secondsbut keeps a 1centremetre head.

We used to use Isinglass but it should clear naturally in time anyway - as long as it tastes good then don't bother :-)
magentaflame

The Orchard

Post by magentaflame »

3.5% alcohol.... woohoo!.

It has just come to my attention that there is such thing as cloudy cider.

Apparently the cloudiness is because i used whole unpeeled apples. The reds and yellows from these apples gives it the peach tinge..... i like that.

Now....wonder how it mixes with lemonade? Reason being that i may invent yet again an original drink. Im the only person i know that can make a 'Black'n'tan' a traffic light effect. Clear at the bottom, brown in the middle and black on top....then the fome.
spot

The Orchard

Post by spot »

I'm impressed. You have a drink there that nobody else has even thought of making.

Limit yourself to no more than ten pints a night, for health reasons.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “Pastoral”