do you think

Need help? Ask for it. Serious Discussions Only.
travelingjack

do you think

Post by travelingjack »

mmmmmmmm
Bryn Mawr

do you think

Post by Bryn Mawr »

travelingjack;1507173 wrote: mmmmmmmm

Only when I absolutely have to :-)
Bruv

do you think

Post by Bruv »

travelingjack;1507173 wrote: mmmmmmmm

You don't 'think' mmmmmm........you say it.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
minks

do you think

Post by minks »

thinking is overrated.

I prefer to just smile and nod.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
LarsMac

do you think

Post by LarsMac »

I try to avoid it. I usually end up in trouble.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
AnneBoleyn

do you think

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Bruv;1507188 wrote: You don't 'think' mmmmmm........you say it.

I can think it. I often do.
magentaflame

do you think

Post by magentaflame »

Too much apparently ....... but thats my lot
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
travelingjack

do you think

Post by travelingjack »

that was quite funny as i deleted what i wrote , but that prob got a better response than the original text . gave me a laugh . thanks all ;-)
Betty Boop

do you think

Post by Betty Boop »

travelingjack;1507265 wrote: that was quite funny as i deleted what i wrote , but that prob got a better response than the original text . gave me a laugh . thanks all ;-)

Now I'm thinking 'what did he write' :-3
minks

do you think

Post by minks »

let's make up something we think he thought.

"just what was Christopher Columbus thinking when he decided set sail"??

― Mae West
ZAP

do you think

Post by ZAP »

I think I think.
YZGI

do you think

Post by YZGI »

I think he thought, therefore he was.
minks

do you think

Post by minks »

I think there is more to T. Jack than meets the eye.

― Mae West
ZAP

do you think

Post by ZAP »

I think that I shall never see

One who thinks more than me. (I?)
magentaflame

do you think

Post by magentaflame »

minks;1507293 wrote: let's make up something we think he thought.

"just what was Christopher Columbus thinking when he decided set sail"??

"Does anyone know where i put my black left sock?"
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
magentaflame

do you think

Post by magentaflame »

minks;1507311 wrote: I think there is more to T. Jack than meets the eye.

I think i agree. But then thought not. And then pondered the concept of your proposition.

Then, decided on another cup of tea.
minks

do you think

Post by minks »

I think perhaps I have over thunk this thinking thing.

― Mae West
magentaflame

do you think

Post by magentaflame »

Yes, Im quite tired now.
Betty Boop

do you think

Post by Betty Boop »

minks;1507315 wrote: I think perhaps I have over thunk this thinking thing.

I think you have, I'm thinking Magentaflame made a cup of tea and I'm thinking about how she made the tea, was it in a mug, in a pot, tea bags or tea leaves, black or milk first or last...

I hope she knew how and maybe that's what the first post was going to be about, making the perfect cup of tea!
magentaflame

do you think

Post by magentaflame »

Lol. And thought I overthought things.

Fyi..... mug, tea bag, sugar and milk. :)
LarsMac

do you think

Post by LarsMac »

Remind me, again. Tea to the water, or water to the tea?
- DH Lawrence
Betty Boop

do you think

Post by Betty Boop »

what make tea bags, round or pyramid :thinking:
Betty Boop

do you think

Post by Betty Boop »

LarsMac;1507326 wrote: So, remind me again, Tea to the water, or water to the tea?

Don't look at me... can't stand the bloody stuff :yh_sick
Bruv

do you think

Post by Bruv »

LarsMac;1507326 wrote: So, remind me again, Tea to the water, or water to the tea?

Boiling water over the tea in a pre-warmed pot, leave to brew to taste before pouring into a china cup. Add milk and sugar as required.

Can't remember the last cup of tea I had..........................I drink black coffee.
magentaflame

do you think

Post by magentaflame »

Ooohhhh i like a nice earl grey

Water to tea. Cannot be boiled water because it burns the tea. ( the experts to the queen taught me that)

Thinking about showering......... tell me again? Is it body to the water or water to the body?

Lol
minks

do you think

Post by minks »

I beg to differ,

some teas require a much lower water temperature so you do not scald the delicate tea.... mind you here in Canada we make tea out of everything.

fruit, berries, spices, bark, weeds, seeds, pods, pot, poppies, I think I have said enough.

― Mae West
Betty Boop

do you think

Post by Betty Boop »

magentaflame;1507331 wrote: Ooohhhh i like a nice earl grey

Water to tea. Cannot be boiled water because it burns the tea. ( the experts to the queen taught me that)

Thinking about showering......... tell me again? Is it body to the water or water to the body?

Lol

Have a bath instead.

I thought boiling water was for the tea but not for the coffee, it burns the coffee.

Black coffee for me too Bruv, no sugar.
LarsMac

do you think

Post by LarsMac »

Coffee wakes me up in the morning, but a nice Darjeeling in the early afternoon, to sit on the porch and just think makes my day.

Today was the first in a long while when the weather offered such an opportunity.
- DH Lawrence
Bruv

do you think

Post by Bruv »

minks;1507332 wrote: I beg to differ,

some teas require a much lower water temperature so you do not scald the delicate tea.... mind you here in Canada we make tea out of everything.

fruit, berries, spices, bark, weeds, seeds, pods, pot, poppies, I think I have said enough.

OK OK.......I shall stick to coffee.
magentaflame

do you think

Post by magentaflame »

Geesh Bruv, there was not even a sceric of effort put into that argument.

Sniff....... im rather disapppinted in you.
Bruv

do you think

Post by Bruv »

magentaflame;1507355 wrote: Geesh Bruv, there was not even a sceric of effort put into that argument.

Sniff....... im rather disapppinted in you.

I was brought up drinking tea made with boiling water, I used to make it for my parents...........so I search "How to brew leaf tea" and I get a load of tosh about stuff that just isn't really tea.........The Chinese, Japanese and Indians wouldn't entertain it................I know that........then eventually I find an English Tea company that tells me the blooming water should be fresh drawn (due to oxygenisation or summit) and left after boiling to cool a little......so as not to burn the delicate tea..........the same tea that get plucked off bushes,thrown into bags.....chopped up....dried,....transported half way around the world......boxed....thrown into lorries before arriving at my local shop.

And they say it's delicate ?????

My life has lost it's meaning.......my parents were wrong.......what else did they misinform me about ? What if my life had started with better parents that really knew their stuff ? I might have been PM or even US President...................if the world goes to hell in a handcart.......it's all down to my bad upbringing.

OK Magenta ?
magentaflame

do you think

Post by magentaflame »

:-4:yh_rotfl Your funny but i am now impressed with our little bruvvy wuvvy .:wah:

Yeah i was raised the same way ....boiling water. But Nan did something different when it came to pots of tea.

I thought like you until some bloke from Lipton came to Australia and told us we were doing it all wrong. He was the queens ....i dunno... tea person? So i figured he knew what he was talking about. Then i thought about Nan, and the way she'd leave the water amd count the teadpoonns of tea and of course turn the pot five times. And ask who wanted to be 'mother'
minks

do you think

Post by minks »

What do you think about ice tea? Now there's a twist for you.

― Mae West
magentaflame

do you think

Post by magentaflame »

Ive only made that once..... did the job i suppose. But the commercial stuff is full of sugar. ( and an ingredients list that im not sure should be in tea)
travelingjack

do you think

Post by travelingjack »

how did my post end up about how to make a cup of tea :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
magentaflame

do you think

Post by magentaflame »

Bruv;1507372 wrote: I was brought up drinking tea made with boiling water, I used to make it for my parents...........so I search "How to brew leaf tea" and I get a load of tosh about stuff that just isn't really tea.........The Chinese, Japanese and Indians wouldn't entertain it................I know that........then eventually I find an English Tea company that tells me the blooming water should be fresh drawn (due to oxygenisation or summit) and left after boiling to cool a little......so as not to burn the delicate tea..........the same tea that get plucked off bushes,thrown into bags.....chopped up....dried,....transported half way around the world......boxed....thrown into lorries before arriving at my local shop.

And they say it's delicate ?????

My life has lost it's meaning.......my parents were wrong.......what else did they misinform me about ? What if my life had started with better parents that really knew their stuff ? I might have been PM or even US President...................if the world goes to hell in a handcart.......it's all down to my bad upbringing.

OK Magenta ?

Easter bunny, and father christmas.?
magentaflame

do you think

Post by magentaflame »

travelingjack;1507408 wrote: how did my post end up about how to make a cup of tea :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Well you did ask if we thought about things, if we ever think. So considering everyone has a conscious state of mind, its impossible not to.

What did you mean by the original post?

Did you mean if we think thoughts on a higher plain or deeper, or higher or unconscious?

Youve given us little to go on...... so being a thoughtful lot we've filled the void you left.
travelingjack

do you think

Post by travelingjack »

magentaflame;1507414 wrote: Well you did ask if we thought about things, if we ever think. So considering everyone has a conscious state of mind, its impossible not to.

What did you mean by the original post?

Did you mean if we think thoughts on a higher plain or deeper, or higher or unconscious?

Youve given us little to go on...... so being a thoughtful lot we've filled the void you left.

i dont need to give you anything to go on lol you doing well all by yourselfs lol
travelingjack

do you think

Post by travelingjack »

The original post was a bit , depressing as my mood was at the time so i deleted . im glad i did its my best post ever given me a laugh
minks

do you think

Post by minks »

I think it was a moment of madness lol

― Mae West
Bruv

do you think

Post by Bruv »

Further to my previous reminiscences of my poor upbringing.......My elder brother would recount the time when asked at school why the sea is salt his hand shot up to tell the story our father told him. Think it was Aesop or somebody else's tale of the salt making machine that was lost at sea during a storm that continues working until today.

He was humiliated by the reaction of his less gullible pals........................don't think he lost that feeling for years and years.
ZAP

do you think

Post by ZAP »

I think. There! For as long as I can remember, I've thought, I think.
minks

do you think

Post by minks »

lol Bruv.

Further thoughts on lies kids are told.

I went into a store with my old room mate (she was 34 back then), she asked the clerk for a "fling flong". The clerk had no idea what she was talking about. I looked at her and said what is that? Thinking she was just joking. She went on to explain a kitchen sink drain stopper (or whatever the technical term is). For 34 years she believed it was called a fling flong.

― Mae West
spot

do you think

Post by spot »

This thread has left me horrified.

Every small-leaf subcontinent tea - Indian, Ceylon, African, High-grown Malaysian - can only possibly be made with still-boiling water in a pre-warmed pot and brewed for five minutes. Neither Bergamot nor any other spice is allowed. Milk is an option.

If it's Chinese then I'm prepared to consider water off the boil for some varieties. Milk is not an option.

If it's South American, it's not tea.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
minks

do you think

Post by minks »

hmmmm horrified you say. Spot you need to let your hair down a little.

Here in Cowboy country we go out and find any kind of edible, dry it, and save it. When it's "tea" time, we will drop a handful of dried edible into a cup and pour boiling water over it and call it tea.

Rosehip tea yummmmm lol

― Mae West
Bruv

do you think

Post by Bruv »

minks;1507441 wrote: hmmmm horrified you say. Spot you need to let your hair down a little.

Here in Cowboy country we go out and find any kind of edible, dry it, and save it. When it's "tea" time, we will drop a handful of dried edible into a cup and pour boiling water over it and call it tea.

Rosehip tea yummmmm lol

Boiled ?

Tut tut !!
Bruv

do you think

Post by Bruv »

spot;1507431 wrote: This thread has left me horrified.

You are getting far too sensitive as you age.
magentaflame

do you think

Post by magentaflame »

spot;1507431 wrote: This thread has left me horrified.

Every small-leaf subcontinent tea - Indian, Ceylon, African, High-grown Malaysian - can only possibly be made with still-boiling water in a pre-warmed pot and brewed for five minutes. Neither Bergamot nor any other spice is allowed. Milk is an option.

If it's Chinese then I'm prepared to consider water off the boil for some varieties. Milk is not an option.

If it's South American, it's not tea.

Hmmmm, no earl grey for you then.

Maybe some Horlicks and a good ly down?? :p
AnneBoleyn

do you think

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Bruv;1507447 wrote: You are getting far too sensitive as you age.

Hear! Hear!
spot

do you think

Post by spot »

There's right and there's wrong. There's no middle ground, the question of preparing tea is binary.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “Friends, Relationships, Advice”