Did you guys know......... and what's the rule in your own country

magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Under Section 458 of the Crimes at Vic.

" any person whether a Police officer or not may apprehend without warrant to bring before a Bail Justice or Magistrate to be dealt with according to law or deliver to police to be so taken"?

It's everyones' right in the community.

what's the rule in your country? I found out that in India if you try to intervene in a domestic( eg. beating your wife in a public place) you yourself will be arrested for assault.

And under Section 462(a) of the crimes act Vic.

" Any person may use minimum force to acquire a lawful outcome if he believes he had no choice and can justify his actions in a court of law."

and this one got me....... the section has to do with 'Finds committing'.....Section 462 under the Crimes act Vic. "finding a person committing an offence where his behaviour, conduct will lead you to believe they committed the offence even though the offence was not actually wittnessed"

Very interesting.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

I did it ....I know this **** by heart .....WOOHOO! Bring on the exam!!!!!
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

State laws vary, but all said and done citizens arrest is a dangerous thing to do.

It is not just trying to apprehend a suspect but the legal consequences of not doing it the correct way. Even if you don't actually take the suspect down but make the accusation better be sure of what you are doing.

It could be one of those good intentions gone horribly bad.

State law allows citizen's arrests in both Kansas, Missouri - if they meet the criteria

What's a citizen's arrest? What are the legalities behind it?

A citizen's arrest is when a private individual makes an arrest without a warrant. In both Kansas and Missouri, it's legal to make an arrest - assuming you meet key criteria.

Kansas |

In the Sunflower State, the law is crystal clear and is in the books.

Kansas Statue 22-2403 allows a private person to make an arrest if he or she sees a crime being committed or they have probable cause to make an arrest.

The exact wording of law:

Arrest by private person. A person who is not a law enforcement officer may arrest another person when:

(1) A felony has been or is being committed and the person making the arrest has probable cause to believe that the arrested person is guilty thereof; or

(2) any crime, other than a traffic infraction or a cigarette or tobacco infraction, has been or is being committed by the arrested person in the view of the person making the arrest.

Citizens could be arrested by law enforcement if arrests are not justified

Both Kansas and Missouri may give an average citizen the power to make an arrest, but again, they must happen if a crime was committed or there was probable cause.

If not, the cuffs could go on those who tried to take the law into their own hands.

This week, two residents in Oregon were charged with assault and forcible confinement after police investigated and determined no crime was actually committed by the individual the two residents targeted for arrest.

Closer to home, two teenagers in Wichita, Kan., were arrested in 2012 after they tried to arrest a man they thought was stalking a woman in the neighborhood.

The teens were arrested after police determined the man was not actually stalking the woman.

Arrested is only the beginning. Being sued out of everything you own is the other shoe dropping.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

magentaflame;1506167 wrote: I did it ....I know this **** by heart .....WOOHOO! Bring on the exam!!!!!

Citizens arrest is legal here too but I don't think it happens very often.

And the very best of luck with the exam - I expect 100% at the very least :)
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Store security have to use citizens arrest, they have no other authority than that.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Thankyou Bryn, unfortunetly 100% is the pass mark.

Yeah Bruv, same with crowd controllers and security guards...... you just happen to be in the employ of a club, pub, venue or company.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Well thats done. Around a three month wait for processing of my lisence. Meanwhile, back to school so a dog can teach me how to handle him. (Yes the dog will be teaching me, )

Return to “Crimes Trials”