Song Analysis

ZAP

Song Analysis

Post by ZAP »

Ahso!;1504556 wrote: Oh those Bee Gees!

I saw an interview with Barry Gibbs where he said that there was a fierce competition between the brothers and not writting a song within a given time period would cost membership to the band.

That's interesting. I love that group!

So what do you think about I Started A Joke?
Ahso!

Song Analysis

Post by Ahso! »

I think I answered that.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Song Analysis

Post by Ahso! »

Music is often appreciated because of the mood it invites. There's nothing wrong with that. In fact there's nothing wrong with any reason one listens to music. I used to enjoy listening to the Bee Gees as well.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
magentaflame

Song Analysis

Post by magentaflame »

spot;1504223 wrote: I recall doing that once.

I bet I can find it, too.

One moment...

Annotated song lyric... Smash Flops: Driving Through Mythical America

- you can hear the song at Pete Atkin sings "Driving Through Mythical America"

Very localised song, made absolutely no sense to me.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
spot

Song Analysis

Post by spot »

You're not old enough to remember.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
magentaflame

Song Analysis

Post by magentaflame »

Bruv;1504558 wrote: I wouldn't disagree.....entirely.

But......music evokes an emotional response, most happy lyrics are linked to happy music, and visa versa.

So....a happy tune can lift you with no words involved, the opposite with a somber melody.

Some music can even arouse nationalistic pride.......against all logic of the listener.

Beyond the wire, would be one of those songs. Used in many instances.

Or evoking high spirit with Dolly Partons' "dumb blonde"

Or "Johnsons aeroplane" by INXS. Or their song "the voices" which was banned in many countries.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
magentaflame

Song Analysis

Post by magentaflame »

spot;1504582 wrote: You're not old enough to remember.

Im not old enough to remember JK's assasinatiin but i know about it. I do remember reading about a university massacre in America by the authorities but i dont know the names mentioned in that song.
magentaflame

Song Analysis

Post by magentaflame »

Ooh ohh! She moved through the fair. ( if you can get the original lyrics.

I always thought it was about a young woman and man who were forbidden to marry because one of them wasnt right in the head. In the endthe young man is questioned over her death and she haunts him. My guess was she was the one with the mental illness, killed herself in the lake but because she is from a upper class family and they dont want to admit to her suicide. Others ive discussed this song with say otherwise
Ahso!

Song Analysis

Post by Ahso! »

magentaflame;1504586 wrote: Ooh ohh! She moved through the fair. ( if you can get the original lyrics.

I always thought it was about a young woman and man who were forbidden to marry because one of them wasnt right in the head. In the endthe young man is questioned over her death and she haunts him. My guess was she was the one with the mental illness, killed herself in the lake but because she is from a upper class family and they dont want to admit to her suicide. Others ive discussed this song with say otherwiseThat's seems to be as good as any other meaning that might be applied to the lyrics.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
tabby

Song Analysis

Post by tabby »

????
Wandrin

Song Analysis

Post by Wandrin »

The Tokens' version was a very good cover of the version done by Pete Seeger and the Weavers during the '50s.

The original recording goes back to '39 by Solomon Linda and the Evening Birds in Zulu.

AnneBoleyn

Song Analysis

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Thanks Wandrin, I did not know the history behind this song. Looked it up. Interesting how it evolved, copyright laws, etc. You know your music!

Return to “General Music”