Trump is now going after Vaccines

Discuss Mental Health topics & issues.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Claiming that he has new information after meeting with RFK Jr, Donald Trump announces that Vaccines cause Autism.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/arch ... ty/512708/

Trump’s Dangerous Support for Conspiracies About Autism and Vaccines - The New Yorker
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Wandrin

Post by Wandrin »

Oh ******. Is there any conspiracy theory he doesn't fall for?
gmc

Post by gmc »

Wandrin;1506188 wrote: Oh ******. Is there any conspiracy theory he doesn't fall for?

The one that the russians helped him win the election?
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Well...................I believe him.....his judgment has been good so far.......hasn't it ?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

:-5
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

He has also now set his sights on the section in US Code that that prohibits all 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations from endorsing or opposing political candidates.

Apparently he is now offering Jerry Falwell a lead seat on the Government's Education Task force.

He is working to close the gap between Church and State.

This has to stop.
- DH Lawrence
Wandrin

Post by Wandrin »

LarsMac;1506226 wrote: He has also now set his sights on the section in US Code that that prohibits all 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations from endorsing or opposing political candidates.

Apparently he is now offering Jerry Falwell a lead seat on the Government's Education Task force.

This has to stop.

What century do you think he is trying to take the country back to?
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

I'd say Trump has obviously been shot up with vaccines if what be believes is true.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

It seems ironic that it looks as if he is trying to head towards the Church becoming the State & for Laws to be made & enforced likewise. Yet he seems to be singularly opposed to the concept of Sharia where Faith & State become one.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

FourPart;1506266 wrote: It seems ironic that it looks as if he is trying to head towards the Church becoming the State & for Laws to be made & enforced likewise. Yet he seems to be singularly opposed to the concept of Sharia where Faith & State become one.

They don't want that Sharia stuff. Only the bona fide God's law for them.
- DH Lawrence
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

We've seen a rise in the number of "Alternative News" outlets producing articles claiming all sorts of evidence that vaccinations have been irrefutably linked to Autism, and other interesting maladies.

My granddaughter's child is severely autistic, and she is constantly looking for someone to blame for it.

Not sure how laying blame helps, but this has become insane.
- DH Lawrence
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

LarsMac;1506283 wrote: We've seen a rise in the number of "Alternative News" outlets producing articles claiming all sorts of evidence that vaccinations have been irrefutably linked to Autism, and other interesting maladies.

My granddaughter's child is severely autistic, and she is constantly looking for someone to blame for it.

Not sure how laying blame helps, but this has become insane.How old is the child? What is it that has become insane?

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

LarsMac;1506226 wrote: He has also now set his sights on the section in US Code that that prohibits all 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations from endorsing or opposing political candidates.

This has to stop.

That would open the door for everybody, not just for religious organizations.

Would that be a good thing?

I just don't know.

I suspect it would be used by scammers in a big way.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Ahso!;1506287 wrote: How old is the child? What is it that has become insane?

The boy is now six, and they have not made much progress with him. He is in there. You can tell on the rare occasion that he makes eye contact. But they have yet to figure out how to get through to him.

What is insane is how people seem to jump at any hint that vaccines have caused Autistic behavior, and lock onto that notion, and even the remotest hint that it could be true. Vaccines are not the only thing in which this behavior manifests itself, but it is currently the most immediate that I am seeing.
- DH Lawrence
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Please don't take this as any kind of insult or attack.

A common error people make when dealing with "autistic" children is to think that they are something or someone different than what they are. That's the trap. His brain is his brain and what you see is him at six years of age. That's the first step in dealing with people like him. His brain probably has not finished developing. Brain growth and development doesn't stop until mid-twenties in most people. His might have started out smaller or less developed than many others and growth may arrest sooner than average, but give it time and just love him through it and understand that there's a good possibility that standard or traditional settings might not be the best for him.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Ahso!;1506306 wrote: Please don't take this as any kind of insult or attack.

A common error people make when dealing with "autistic" children is to think that they are something or someone different than what they are. That's the trap. His brain is his brain and what you see is him at six years of age. That's the first step in dealing with people like him. His brain probably has not finished developing. Brain growth and development doesn't stop until mid-twenties in most people. His might have started out smaller or less developed than many others and growth may arrest sooner than average, but give it time and just love him through it and understand that there's a good possibility that standard or traditional settings might not be the best for him.

That's all well and good, but this boy is big, and strong, and pretty much self-directed. I've watched him a few times when he has been around. You can tell that he has extreme sensitivity to noise and activity. and his parents are very high-strung. He reacts to all of the noise and to their moods, and actions, but his main drive seems to be to find a place where they are not. He actually reminds me of a person high on psychoactive drugs, like LSD or the related stuff.

They are in another part of the country, so we don't see much of him.
- DH Lawrence
tabby

Post by tabby »

I read The Atlantic article and I don't see where where it says that he's anti-vaccine, in fact Robert Kennedy even stated that President Trump is pro-vaccine. What I got out of the article was that he's aware of concerns regarding a possible connection between vaccines and autism and he wants to form a commission to investigate further. Anytime someone wants to take a closer look at medical community practices it's okay with me. We all know that vaccines are vital for personal and public health but a periodic review of any policy is always to our advantage.

Bruv

Post by Bruv »

tabby;1506342 wrote: I read The Atlantic article and I don't see where where it says that he's anti-vaccine,

From the article "Even before he entered politics, Trump said he believed vaccines cause autism."

And he is quoted as saying from the Sun Sentinal

“When I was growing up, autism wasn't really a factor…And now all of a sudden, it's an epidemic. Everybody has their theory. My theory, and I study it because I have young children, my theory is the shots. We've giving these massive injections at one time, and I really think it does something to the children.”
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
tabby

Post by tabby »

That doesn't make him anti-vaccine in general, it only means he has concerns with the current generally accepted policy of how certain vaccines are being administered to small children. It may come to nothing but it may put some minds to rest.
gmc

Post by gmc »

I've got a niece and a nephew (who is also dyslexic) both of whom exhibit autistic traits the niece more than the nephew. Autism wasn't a factor because like dyslexia it wasn't recognised as being an actrual problem children were just stupid and badly behaved no one thought there was an actual illness. You still get teachers that tghibnk dyslexia is just an excuse for laziness or stupidity. Dyslexic childeren are often also highly intelligent they often cover up their inability to read by being disruptive.

Thwe study that seemed to suggest a causal link got massive puiblicity the rebuttals did not nor does the fact the researcher responsible was struck off for faking his research.

BBC News - MMR doctor struck off register

Nor does the harm not vaccinating costs

The US is in the middle of its biggest measles outbreak this year - ScienceAlert

Wonder how he will deal with the zifa virus. Should open up the debate about contrception and abortion a bit though.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Bruv;1506343 wrote: From the article "Even before he entered politics, Trump said he believed vaccines cause autism."

And he is quoted as saying from the Sun Sentinal

“When I was growing up, autism wasn't really a factor…And now all of a sudden, it's an epidemic. Everybody has their theory. My theory, and I study it because I have young children, my theory is the shots. We've giving these massive injections at one time, and I really think it does something to the children.”When Donald Trump was growing up the label of "autism" wasn't applied as broadly as it is today and most of the people considered autistic were institutionalized as so the most obvious examples were not in public view.

Mutations don't always go in the direction we'd like them to. There is no such thing as an best-evolved species, that's wishful thinking. For all we know this is the direction evolution is taking.

Are we capable of usurping evolution if in fact what I've suggested is accurate? We're certainly trying to and only time will tell. The process never stops. Thinking it has because we're here is wrong. We're in God's image - Evolution doesn't have one.

Don't you now wish that there was a God? Unfortunately, there isn't.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

"Don't you now wish that there was a God? Unfortunately, there isn't."

Why Unfortunately?
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

AnneBoleyn;1506355 wrote: "Don't you now wish that there was a God? Unfortunately, there isn't."

Why Unfortunately?

Because then there'd be someone to appeal to, someone to make everything right here and now. The afterlife is, of course, a bs promise, and would be cruel, which any true God couldn't be. Cruelty is strictly human.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Ahso!;1506357 wrote: Cruelty is strictly human.

Is it? I seem to remember seeing nature documentaries on social animals and bullying was fairly common (maintaining social status). I regard bullying as cruel...

I'm not sure I'm right on that. Does cruelty have a purpose?
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Clodhopper;1506409 wrote: Is it? I seem to remember seeing nature documentaries on social animals and bullying was fairly common (maintaining social status). I regard bullying as cruel...

I'm not sure I'm right on that. Does cruelty have a purpose?

Bullying actually seems to be common among primates. Chimpanzees have been recorded quite often exhibiting bullying behavior.
- DH Lawrence
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Clodhopper;1506409 wrote: Is it? I seem to remember seeing nature documentaries on social animals and bullying was fairly common (maintaining social status). I regard bullying as cruel...

I'm not sure I'm right on that. Does cruelty have a purpose?I think it does for humans and that is what I meant. Being cruel to be cruel or to consciously and deliberately influence an outcome by manipulation through cruel intent. While bullying is ugly it may not be intentionally cruel as much as it might be an instinctual defense mechanism. Sophistication, I think, might have been invented to teach people as a substitute for bullying. :)

I recall when young our family dog having puppies. If there were more pups than nipples on the mother the runt would starve. That was instinct by the mother though it appeared cruel to me as a young boy, but someone explained it to me and I understood. We, of course, took care of the little pup ourselves.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Return to “Mental Health”