We’re colonised by w*****rs

A forum to discuss local issues in the UK.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Kevin McKenna: We’re colonised by w*****rs ... time for Scotland to show self-respect (From The National)

This is 21st-century England, a once-proud country now being run by a cabal of rank, grasping, incompetent Nationwide League third-raters and dancing to the tune of a pantomime clown in a covert coat.:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

If only it were not so true.

Kirsty Strickland: A male MP woofed at Tasmina Ahmed-Sheikh ... guess how the Westminster old boys' club responded? (From The National)

Now can you imagine the reaction if a labour or snpo mp had woofed at theres may the daily mail wouild have had it as front page news.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

The world has rolled back a hundred years in the past twelve months.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

We face a future more scary than any I ever thought we would with the rise if the far right in Europe, the UK and the US. Locally it would not surprise me if the Union breaks down over brexit - all it would take from the EU is the right offer and Scotland would be gone. It's not a certainty they'll make that offer, but it's more likely than it was.

Globally, I'm concerned that Trump will turn the US into something more like Putin's Russia and that he and Putin will have a serious go at destroying the EU. It probably wouldn't take a huge effort at present. It would certainly complicate our exit negotiations.
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
gmc

Post by gmc »

Clodhopper;1506143 wrote: We face a future more scary than any I ever thought we would with the rise if the far right in Europe, the UK and the US. Locally it would not surprise me if the Union breaks down over brexit - all it would take from the EU is the right offer and Scotland would be gone. It's not a certainty they'll make that offer, but it's more likely than it was.

Globally, I'm concerned that Trump will turn the US into something more like Putin's Russia and that he and Putin will have a serious go at destroying the EU. It probably wouldn't take a huge effort at present. It would certainly complicate our exit negotiations.

They might because it would mean the end of the UK as a world power without scotland propping you up you can't balance the books.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Clodhopper;1506143 wrote: We face a future more scary than any I ever thought we would with the rise if the far right in Europe, the UK and the US. Locally it would not surprise me if the Union breaks down over brexit - all it would take from the EU is the right offer and Scotland would be gone. It's not a certainty they'll make that offer, but it's more likely than it was.

and then we'd all have to make a decision between the US/USSR and China
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

They might because it would mean the end of the UK as a world power without scotland propping you up you can't balance the books.

You might want to consider the possibility of 16.8 million English folk moving north before you make your final decision...;)

and then we'd all have to make a decision between the US/USSR and China

If the US were to become like Putin's Russia then I'd say you would be better off with Communist China. At least communism is supposed to be for the people, gangster rule is just for the gangsters. If Europe falls apart then we'd either be part of Putrumpia or isolated and hoping there isn't a US killswitch on Trident we haven't found.

Ho hum. There's a good chance Trump won't destroy the USA. Takes a while to derail something that big. It also depends how effective any fightback is and at least there seems to be one.

gmc

Post by gmc »

You might want to consider the possibility of 16.8 million English folk moving north before you make your final decision...

We might just get a bunch of our polish bricklayers to rebuild hadrians' wall.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

gmc;1506554 wrote: We might just get a bunch of our polish bricklayers to rebuild hadrians' wall.

It wont last as long as the first one.
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

gmc;1506554 wrote: We might just get a bunch of our polish bricklayers to rebuild hadrians' wall.

We have ladder technology. You Trumpists.

gmc

Post by gmc »

Sky news run true to form, the scottish parliament vote to support another refrendum so they have on the sole labour MP and ask him how labour plan to stop Nicola Sturgean. At the last election the snp won the largest share of the vote ever by a party in the devolved administrations, the only reason the tories have seats at all is because of proportional representation. Sad but I think this time project fear might not work.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

I can see how annoying Westminster must appear to the Scots, it's like Scotland is a twenty something living with his parents who wont let him stay out after 10.30 or buy his own clothes.

Whenever the referendum happens, I can see it being an out vote
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

You are not colonized by w*****s. A few stupid gits, maybe...:wah:
gmc

Post by gmc »

Bruv;1507856 wrote: I can see how annoying Westminster must appear to the Scots, it's like Scotland is a twenty something living with his parents who wont let him stay out after 10.30 or buy his own clothes.

Whenever the referendum happens, I can see it being an out vote

Westminster should annoy anyone with half a brain we're still trying to forget tony blair claimed a scottish connection and wish gordon brown would just retire and shut up.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

I've no love for Theresa May, but in this case I have to agree that she's right. Now is not the time. Nobody has a clue about what the outcome of the EU negotiations is going to be & won't really know for another couple of years at least. For all anyone knows at the moment getting out of the EU may well be better for Scotland than anyone else & if they're going to have another referendum they at least deserve to have at least some idea of what things are really going to be like. However, it seems pretty obvious that Nicola Sturgeon doesn't want the idea of an informed choice to come into it. She just wants to make the most of the current level of uncertainty to force her own personal crusade.
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

However, it seems pretty obvious that Nicola Sturgeon doesn't want the idea of an informed choice to come into it. She just wants to make the most of the current level of uncertainty to force her own personal crusade.

It worked for brexiters: Just lie, make no promises that can be confirmed or denied in advance and play on racist prejudice.

gmc

Post by gmc »

FourPart;1507903 wrote: I've no love for Theresa May, but in this case I have to agree that she's right. Now is not the time. Nobody has a clue about what the outcome of the EU negotiations is going to be & won't really know for another couple of years at least. For all anyone knows at the moment getting out of the EU may well be better for Scotland than anyone else & if they're going to have another referendum they at least deserve to have at least some idea of what things are really going to be like. However, it seems pretty obvious that Nicola Sturgeon doesn't want the idea of an informed choice to come into it. She just wants to make the most of the current level of uncertainty to force her own personal crusade.

You need to read what she actually said and what the snp arte4 proposing not what is in the daily mail. She has not called for a referendum now but in 18 months or so time by which point the terms of the brexit deal will be known - according to theresa May. At that time the two options will be open fopr discussion - stay with the certainty of economic decline and non stop tory rule or go for independence. They have one tory MP who represents 1/2% of the scottish MP's yet they ibnterview him and the lib dem amd labour MP you have to wonder why you never se any snp mp's on mainstream television. Watched question time rom birmingham alex salmind was on the panel yet he never got a chance to answer the questions being asked. Read the papers, snp call for a referndum autimn 2018 to spring 2019 - thersa may's own timetanble for knowing the dedtails and going back to parliament - and theresa may is quoted as saying "now is not the time for another referendum" maybe she can't read glaswegian.

By that time Northern ireland might be looking at a refeerndum themslevs on whether to join with the rest of ireland. Take religion out of the duscussion and the prospect has a lot going for it. It's not just scotland theresa may is ignoring. She has hijacked that vote to feed the anti-European prejudices of her own party and get to be prime minister and bugger the consequences for the country.
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

I think I'd still be surprised if NI voted to join Eire. It's much more possible though. I couldn't be sad about it either, and my Irish heritage is prod. Might even end up moving there though it's still unlikely. I think.

Everything is less certain than it was. Often much less certain.

It might work to your advantage that you don't leave the UK until after the UK has left the EU. You'd just be a sovereign state applying to join the EU, not a seceding region (from the Spanish point of view). It could make a difference, if only in the attitude of other EU states to your joining.

FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Clodhopper;1507978 wrote: I think I'd still be surprised if NI voted to join Eire. It's much more possible though. I couldn't be sad about it either, and my Irish heritage is prod. Might even end up moving there though it's still unlikely. I think.

Everything is less certain than it was. Often much less certain.

It might work to your advantage that you don't leave the UK until after the UK has left the EU. You'd just be a sovereign state applying to join the EU, not a seceding region (from the Spanish point of view). It could make a difference, if only in the attitude of other EU states to your joining.
If the EU even exists any more by that time.
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

If brexiters have succeeded in destroying the EU as so many hope they have (and they might) comparing it to Hitler's Empire in a stunning display of ignorance and stupidity, then war in Europe becomes a matter of when, not if.

Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Clodhopper;1508115 wrote: If brexiters have succeeded in destroying the EU as so many hope they have (and they might) comparing it to Hitler's Empire in a stunning display of ignorance and stupidity, then war in Europe becomes a matter of when, not if.

There is discontent in several EU member states, don't give the brexiters credit for breaking it up.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Bruv;1508116 wrote: There is discontent in several EU member states, don't give the brexiters credit for breaking it up.

You mean that's a lie?
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

gmc;1508119 wrote: You mean that's a lie?

I mean we are first in a queue, given the opportunity by a Tory power struggle.........look HERE Don't think it was us that influenced them all.

Return to “United Kingdom”