Massive Theater Converted Into Magnificent Bookstore

Discussion of Books, Literature, Book Reviews, and more!
tabby

Post by tabby »

Massive Theater Converted Into Magnificent Bookstore - My Modern Metropolis

This is not only gorgeous but a marvelous way to save and convert old movie palaces. So many of these vintage structures have been demolished over the years and it’s delightful to see one not only spared but retaining its beauty and splendor plus remaining as a viable and lucrative business.
theia

Post by theia »

Wow, what a building! Imagine book browsing in there!
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Reminds me of the old central lending library in Leicester :-

Adult Education Centre, Belvoir Street, Leicester | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

only on a much grander scale.
tabby

Post by tabby »

Top 10 Most Beautiful Places to Read ~~~~~> Top 10 Most Beautiful Places to Read Books | Education Hub - Health, Finance, Schools and Jobs

The first three nooks look the most cozy & inviting to me but the 5th photo, the Royal Portuguese Reading Room, is awesome!
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Just beautiful! Almost makes me want to take up reading.
tabby

Post by tabby »

Ten cats who live at the library ~~~> 10 Cats Who Live at the Library | Mental Floss
ZAP

Post by ZAP »

You post the coolest stuff! I will share this with my cat-loving friends & family. My daughter feeds 7 feral cats, two of which she caught in a cage, took them to the local shelter, had them neutered so they wouldn't produce more feral kittens and then brought them home. They are Dusk and Dawn. I get to feed them all when my daughter goes to the desert to do her photography. (on Facebook, Photos From Below Sea Level) They're all pretty tame when I go over there.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

ZAP's right Tabby--------you post the coolest stuff! Thanks!
tabby

Post by tabby »

ZAP;1505358 wrote: You post the coolest stuff! I will share this with my cat-loving friends & family. My daughter feeds 7 feral cats, two of which she caught in a cage, took them to the local shelter, had them neutered so they wouldn't produce more feral kittens and then brought them home. They are Dusk and Dawn. I get to feed them all when my daughter goes to the desert to do her photography. (on Facebook, Photos From Below Sea Level) They're all pretty tame when I go over there.

Kudos to your daughter, ZAP! Are the cats still mostly feral or has she been able to domesticate them by degrees?
tabby

Post by tabby »

AnneBoleyn;1505359 wrote: ZAP's right Tabby--------you post the coolest stuff! Thanks!

:) Thanks, AnneB ! I'm glad you enjoy them!
ZAP

Post by ZAP »

They are in varying degrees of tameness. Dawn & Dusk are pretty tame, but still leery. Some are quite skittish. There's a big, fluffy orange cat with white paws who comes up to me when I go to feed them. He(?) tries to rub against my legs to hurry me up. My daughter lives next door to me and her house has a fenced yard which is gated. Through the gates, to an area about 20 feet away, under a big tree is Kim's Haven. Feeding dishes, water pans, a water hose and an abandoned cat house are here. The cats don't live here however. They come around when it's feeding time. One is an outcast and I've seen him(?) in my backyard at times. Also arriving at feeding time are 1-4 pea*c*o*c*ks (from one neighbor, who also has guinea fowl who visit) and another neighbor's little dog who is not supposed to be running loose. I think that neighbor hopes that Kim will adopt this dog as she adopted one of his about 8 years ago. Also visiting are several doves, which I feed in my yard but they don't usually show up until after the rest of the circus have gone.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

tabby;1505452 wrote: Kudos to your daughter, ZAP! Are the cats still mostly feral or has she been able to domesticate them by degrees?

With the six we've adopted in Crete one is really tame, two are getting there and the other three are still wary, one very much so. We've had the five we can handle neutered but the sixth is having to wait until we get back there in April.
tabby

Post by tabby »

10 bookstores built in strange places around the world, from boats to bank vaults:

https://www.insider.com/bookstores-buil ... ound-world

Return to “The Library”