White House parting shots

Discuss the latest political news.
spot

Post by spot »

President Obama is leaving muddy footprints all over the carpet.

The UN Security Council vote on Israel's settlements, and now expelling 35 Russian diplomats.

It's surprising, but it's fun at the same time.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... -necessary

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... ction-hack
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Net in yahoo accusing Palistine of "Herecy"........what century is that man living in? And accusing the white house of "bias' when you know what he really wanted to say. That man is not right in the head.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
spot

Post by spot »

For some reason he's the Israeli voters' most popular party leader. The not right heads extend further than you suggest.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

I knew a man (notice past tence) who lives in Aus but went over to Israel to build a house in the disputed area because........ "its my right in my country.

Really? Seriously? Greed and nationalism is a many splendid thing. Surely these settlers must realise that houses can be bombed, surely? And when it does happen i can see the headlines "antisemitism in the middle east, and not "wow Israel gets its come uppings.....sad.

Not that im advocating that peoples homes be blown up. But the writing is on the wall to qoute an old testement story.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

magentaflame;1504718 wrote: Net in yahoo accusing Palistine of "Herecy"........what century is that man living in? And accusing the white house of "bias' when you know what he really wanted to say. That man is not right in the head.Love it! Though now I can't remember how to pronounce his name properly. Just as well anyway.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Let's see! Now all Obama needs to do in his last 3 weeks that he should have done years ago is: 1) pardon all the whistle blowers and 2) reschedule marijuana.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Ahso!;1504723 wrote: Let's see! Now all Obama needs to do in his last 3 weeks that he should have done years ago is: 1) pardon all the whistle blowers and 2) reschedule marijuana.

Street party? ....yeah! Only because he seems like that kind of guy. :)
Wandrin

Post by Wandrin »

Ahso!;1504723 wrote: Let's see! Now all Obama needs to do in his last 3 weeks that he should have done years ago is: 1) pardon all the whistle blowers and 2) reschedule marijuana.

and close Gitmo.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Yes, I forgot that one. End these wars while he's at it too.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Ahso!;1504728 wrote: Yes, I forgot that one. End these wars while he's at it too.

No......leave that to Trump's mates....................the Ruskies
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
spot

Post by spot »

My goodness President Putin excels himself sometimes. My word he's smooth.

Putin says Russia will not expel US diplomats in tit-for-tat measure; President rejects dropping to ‘this level of irresponsible diplomacy’ in response to US move to kick out 35 Russian officials

Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Obama claims there's evidence of Russian hacking, though to my knowledge there has been no hard evidence made public.

If US intelligence has fabricated evidence then they've done so to put Trump in a position to either denounce Russia or US intelligence agencies. Not a good place to be for a president.

I tend to think the hacks were local if they were indeed hacks at all. I think this probably more a case of stealing.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Do the words MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE ring a bell? If not, they should for president-ELECT, not President D(delirium)T(tremens)

Trump praises ‘very smart’ Putin after U.S. retaliates against Russia

"President-elect Donald Trump hailed Russian President Vladimir Putin on Friday for not officially retaliating against the U.S. action against Russia.

“Great move on delay (by V. Putin) – I always knew he was very smart!” Trump tweeted."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-praise ... 51874.html

Show your taxes, Mr. Tremens. Bet you owe Russia money. Maybe your sleeper cell will wind up a federal one.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I think you've had enough marijuana, it shows. Especially if by whistle blowers you include Edward Snowden.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

AnneBoleyn;1504748 wrote: I think you've had enough marijuana, it shows. Especially if by whistle blowers you include Edward Snowden.Yes, I mainly mean Snowden, and Manning.

What's your case against them? Neoliberal/neocon talking points of espionage and treason? Snowden definitely did expose Hillary Clinton for the war hawk and anti-freedom crusader she is, didn't he? Or was that wiki leaks? The woman is an open book of a horror story. What I'm amazed at is that people voted for her.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

AnneBoleyn;1504747 wrote: Do the words MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE ring a bell? If not, they should for president-ELECT, not President D(delirium)T(tremens)

Trump praises ‘very smart’ Putin after U.S. retaliates against Russia

"President-elect Donald Trump hailed Russian President Vladimir Putin on Friday for not officially retaliating against the U.S. action against Russia.

“Great move on delay (by V. Putin) – I always knew he was very smart!” Trump tweeted."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-praise ... 51874.html

Show your taxes, Mr. Tremens. Bet you owe Russia money. Maybe your sleeper cell will wind up a federal one.

Putin is smart.

After all, he jerked around two presidents and is now jerking the president-elect.

On second though maybe just lucky. After all, we are the ones who elected the jerks.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

tude dog;1504795 wrote: Putin is smart.

After all, he jerked around two presidents and is now jerking the president-elect.

On second though maybe just lucky. After all, we are the ones who elected the jerks.

Well, Gee. Why don't just elect HIM president and cut out the middle man.

It'll be GREAT!
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

LarsMac;1504796 wrote: Well, Gee. Why don't just elect HIM president and cut out the middle man.

It'll be GREAT!

Bite your tongue. Besides...I think we did...
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

There has been no time in my life more frightening than this one. The brexit vote was horrifying - we leave the most noble enterprise in Europe ever in its history in response to the worst elements (racists, xenophobes, far right nasties and media and the truly stupid poor who believed that voting for the worst of the establishment would improve things) in our society but the Trump vote was a signal that the USA has completely lost it, despite a majority NOT voting for the ****.

I've learned hatred. I wouldn't piss on a brexiter/trumpist to put it out if it was burning.
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

You forgot to add in an insane North Korea boasting of a nuclear ICBM test soon...
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Y'know what terrifies me about that is that it went unnoticed compared to our domestic disasters...

The USA elects a Russian oligarch's poodle. Christ on a crutch...

The first I heard of Trump - years ago now - was when he was described to me as someone who'd turned his father's billions into millions...
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."

Return to “Current Political Events”